Ocho Rios in March, on the Freedom

Sun4Me2Please

Check out Sunset Grande Resort (you book using Resort For a Day). We went there with our daughter and the place is really nice with a lot of pools, the beach/ocean and so on. Food and drinks are included in the price and the transportation to and from. We have used RFAD twice now and they have always been great.

I have a complete review listed in my signature line that you can just click on to see the review. There are tons of pictures. The ship is right there in front of you and it's not far at all. :)

Freedom is not going to Ocho Rios any longer I was told

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I am confused by this post :confused:.... So even though we are scheduled to go to Ocho Rios, they may not be going here in March? Where would I get confirmation? Would they port in Falmouth instead ?

Check out Sunset Grande Resort (you book using Resort For a Day). We went there with our daughter and the place is really nice with a lot of pools, the beach/ocean and so on. Food and drinks are included in the price and the transportation to and from. We have used RFAD twice now and they have always been great.

I have a complete review listed in my signature line that you can just click on to see the review. There are tons of pictures. The ship is right there in front of you and it's not far at all. :)

Thanks for your imput, I will check this out :)

FYI the options I mentioned would not be through an organized tour. The Dunn's River tour through Carnival is $60 vs $30 on your own. Jamaica is out favorite destination and we will be in Ocho Rios on March 10th on our Victory cruise. We are going to go to Dunn's River (again) and head to The Ocho Rios Jerk Center for lunch. Our children are a little older at 12 and 10, but as long as you are smart (like you would be in any major US city) there would be no issues.

I just booked my daughter and a friend on the Victory for this cruise. They want to escape the snow and cold in Boston. When you get to Dunns River Falls can you go tubing if not on a tour? We tubed at Dunns River with a 1 year old in 2006 and had a great time. Tubing and then lunch at the beach would be a fantastic day. Cherie

I just booked my daughter and a friend on the Victory for this cruise. They want to escape the snow and cold in Boston. When you get to Dunns River Falls can you go tubing if not on a tour? We tubed at Dunns River with a 1 year old in 2006 and had a great time. Tubing and then lunch at the beach would be a fantastic day. Cherie

I have never seen anyone tubing down Dunns River Falls. You climb up the falls starting at the beach and go up from there. There are excursions offered where you climb the falls and tube down another river in the area.

We are going on March 8th on the Victory. When did you book them?

I've never seen anyone tubing at dunns river. All I ever see is tons of people climbing. I think it's getting to be a little over crowded in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is why we make it a point to get there ASAP after the boat docks. Take our time going up, hang out for a little while, and then head to lunch. I have not had an issue with crowds. If you dock in Falmouth or Montego Bay and have to drive in you will have crowds.

I've seen the combined tubing/falls excursion. The tubing portion is in a separate location from where the people climb the falls. I just got a "visual" of what that would be like, trying to stay upright, hanging on to your line for all it's worth and trying to avoid people bouncing down the falls in tubes! Yikes! If it's the same river, it's certainly at a different point on the river.

Thanks everyone for the correction. For some reason I thought we were at Dunns River when we tubed. We did not climb the falls, just went tubing., and it was sooooo much fun. The guide may have labeled it Dunns River tubing because it was in the vicinity. It looks like the Blue Hole and then spend the rest of the day on the beach would be fun. I will contact some guides to see if they will do this. None of the tours online include tubing and the beach, or Blue Hole and the beach. I'm sure they can personalize something though. Again, thank you. Cherie