Eurodam Neptune "For Real" Suite Perks?

bzv143

Sailing on Eurodam in 2 weeks in an SC (corner aft) suite for our anniversary. Last time we were on a HAL in an SA suite (upgrade) and we remember the Neptune Lounge, but we are having a hard time remembering the other perks of the "suite life." We do remember having to wait in line for dinner-- even though the official HAL List of amenities says "priority dining." We do not remember any "priority embarkation at ports" as the brochure states.

Bottom Line--for those of you who have sailed recently on Eurodam, what ARE the "for real" perks, other than the great cabin and Neptune Lounge? Is there anything else we can look forward to? :o

THANKS, oh great CC posters!

You have priority embarkation at the pier. PS suites board first, then the wheelchairs, the Neptune Suites and 4 and 5 Star Mariners.

You have priority tendering if you are not on a tour. Toy just go down to the tender area and get in at the end of the line. We try and wait awhile until most of excursions have gone ashore.

We have never had to wait in line for dinner. If you booked your cruise early, your TA should have indicated which fixed seating you want and the size of table you want. Our TA does that for us and we have never had a problem.

You will be invited to a Suite Welcome Aboard cocktail party -- usually the first night from 7:30 - 8 PM.

You MAY get invited to another cocktail party later in the cruise.

You are entitled to breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill (we love that).

Does "priority dining" mean "go to the head of the line" or "priority choice of early fixed, late fixed or anytime"?

Suite Priority Dining means you are assigned your dining time of choice. If you want early or late traditional, (Usually) that is what you will be assigned. There are some exceptions such as if a large group is aboard with you and takes over an entire seating. Doesn't happen often but it is not unheard of.

Priority boarding means at embarkation. You will be given priority number and will be among the first to board if you arrive at the start of embarkation.

Priority tendering means you do not have to go to the assigned place to pick up a tender number. It means you go directly to the gangway and if there is a line there, you get at the end of that line. It is rare there is much of a line as they hold guests from going to the gangway until they are ready to board them onto tenders.

Those who booked HAL sponsored shore excursions usually go on the first tenders though we, as suite guests, have joined that group sometimes.

There are other suite benefits but these seem to be the one about which you were inquiring.

Currently, we are signed in for "Anytime dining." On our last cruise, we were also on this, and had to wait in line with everyone. Nothing "priority" about it. :(

Did you ask your concierge to make dining reservation for you? If not, you should. :)

If you want traditional early or main dining, request it. As a suite guest, without good reason, you should be assigned the dining you want. If you have a TA get written confirmation they put in your request and ask for written confirmation that is what you are assigned.

Currently, we are signed in for "Anytime dining." On our last cruise, we were also on this, and had to wait in line with everyone. Nothing "priority" about it. :(

We were in a line, one of the DRMs noticed our gold key cards on lanyards, pulled us out of the line and whisked us to a table.

After that, we were always moved to the front of the line.

In terms of "waiting in line in the MDR" - My last cruise we were in a SA suite - and because we booked the cruise late we were unable to get early dining. The concierge in the Neptune Lounge eagerly booked us a table and time every day so that we could decide when we wanted to eat. Now granted, we were willing to join others at a larger table - but nevertheless, we did not wait in line at MDR. All we did was go up to the host and indicate we had a reservation, gave our name and they immediately took us to our table. No problem!

No one has mentioned the unlimited laundry and dry cleaning. I love this perk! The Neptune Concierges with help you with just about any problem.

Breakfast in Pinnacle for Suite Guests is one of the best Suite benefits. We enjoy that.

But I certainly agree but the laundry and dry cleaning. :cool:

Hang it on a lanyard. It's much easier for those that need to see it to take notice.

I did not mention that because it was stated succinctly...and it is a WOWSER perk! The rest of the information was slightly ambiguous.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was in the penthouse last year. I never occurred to me to think I was more special then everyone else. I stood in line like everyone else. I'm sorry but tis attitude seems to be a bit much.

I was in the penthouse last year. I never occurred to me to think I was more special then everyone else. I stood in line like everyone else. I'm sorry but tis attitude seems to be a bit much.

I was thinking the same thing. I thought at first it was a joke...what would I wear my room card like a badge? Hello my name is so and so I am in a suite.....

3 Star Mariner on HAL

I was thinking the same thing. I thought at first it was a joke...what would I wear my room card like a badge? Hello my name is so and so I am in a suite.....

3 Star Mariner on HAL

Likely it has happened but I've seen such a thing.

I cannot ever remember any fellow guest asking what category cabin we were in nor have I ever asked anyone. No one would know unless they happened to see us enter/exit.

On RCCL before Christmas we were in the restaurant one morning waiting for a waiter to take our order, they seemed to be very slow, must have been a busy time. I had my book and room key sitting on the table while we waited (no pockets!) Next thing there is a bit of a rush around us and a waiter appeared to take our order with a supervisor close behind apologising profusely for the delay. It didn't occur to me straight away, but I later realised the most likely reason for the kerfuffle was that the supervisor had walked past and seen our sea passes and chastised the poor waiter for leaving us sitting there. It happened time after time at dinner as well. We waited in line the first night for a table, gave our cabin number and were seated. Every night after that if there was a delay in seating people we were pulled out of line to be given a table, got a bit embarrassing!

On RCCL at least a Gold Sea Pass is magic...even if its not on display!

Edited by 3littlepigs

We had the PH on the Zuiderdam & Oosterdam and SA's every other cruise. It never occurred to me to think that I should be "Butt In Line Guy." Maybe I'll get "I'm Kind of a Big Deal - Ask about my gold key card." embroidered on the back of my tuxedo jacket. (I have broad shoulders.) :D

We had the PH on the Zuiderdam & Oosterdam and SA's every other cruise. It never occurred to me to think that I should be "Butt In Line Guy." Maybe I'll get "I'm Kind of a Big Deal - Ask about my gold key card." embroidered on the back of my tuxedo jacket. (I have broad shoulders.) :D

Yes, go subtle with the embroidery...so much classier than the old card on the lanyard hanging around your neck look...although I am sure the gold will look fabulous with your tux :)

3 Star Mariner on HAL

Yes, go subtle with the embroidery...so much classier than the old card on the lanyard hanging around your neck look...although I am sure the gold will look fabulous with your tux :)

I'm thinking of black on black. I don't really want it to pop, just more of a classic tone on tone affair. :cool:

We sailed on the ms Rotterdam this past December and just wanted to join in with some of the little perks that weren't named (High Tea can be requested in your cabin, dinner can be served in the cabin, corsage on the first formal and fresh flowers)

We did get priority boarding without a tender I feel, because we had an unscheduled longer stop in one of the ports (getting there a day early). The immigration had to be done on board and we had a schedule based on decks. Deck 7 was the earliest and we probably got off at least an hour before the others. Since we took the train, I have no idea how long the process actually took.

As for suite sobs, we encountered none of them. We did encounter a lot of abuse from fellow passengers though. Many were unaware we were in a suite, but made snide remarks about suite passengers. Our first taste of this was getting our luggage from the carrousel and somebody making a snide remark to Mr. Cruisebunny about our room (tag was visible).

Edited by cruise_bunnies

Although the promised suite perk matching Corsage and Boutonniere may be a giveaway!

True true....although I have fond memories of galavanting all over Martinique in search of corsages for the ladies in my party to wear for formal night...I bet we really messed with some folks! Haha!

3 Star Mariner on HAL