How is this possible?

erfarb

I received an email stating I could print out my set sail passes, but I have not payed in full yet. I called my travel agent, who then called Royal caribbean; they too have no idea how I was able to do this. Has anyone else had this issue? We are booked for a cruise in May and still have a balance for 2 balcony rooms. confused????

Sounds like an RCI automated systems hiccup to me. You should not get that notification and the ability to print your SetSail pass until after final payment. Have you actually tried to print it? If you cannot print it, then the email was sent in error (I know..... obviously!).

Edited by joepeka

Actually Set Sail Passes have always been available for printing before final payment as long as the passenger has completed all information. It's the Cruise Documents which is the actual cruise contract that can 't be printed until after final payment and aren't generally available until 45 days prior to the sailing date.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I don't see it as being an "issue"...?

But, I have found that I cannot print my setsail pass before final payment if I book directly through Royal Caribbean, but I can print it before final payment for cruises booked with a TA.

It is probably related to with the fact that you cannot make payments, view the cruise price, or even see if the reservation is paid in full when accessing the reservation through Royal Caribbean's website if you booked with a TA.