Thanks for the price drop feature: am getting refund...

Jetswdo

Ok, it is after cruise for April has been paid in full. I already before that received two price drops with no problem getting new lower price. My cruise has been paid in full --Now it is past final payment date by 4 days! Used the price drop feature today out of curiosity, saw that there were 4 cabins left in my category.

I wasn't about to give up my cabin or do an upgrade voluntarily. Anyway. I just called up Princess and asked very nicely if it were possible to get OBC for the difference or any charity! The customer rep was so nice, said they dont do that but would be happy to just refund the difference to my credit card! I couldn't believe it. Their customer rep couldn't be any nicer!

So, thank you so much Cruise Critic for the new feature on price drops. And it doesn't hurt to call up Princess in regards to this.

I'm sure it's worth checking out although I doubt it'll be any help. I'm already paying almost $450 less for my cruise on March 1 than the current Princess pricing and $900 less than the cabin next to me on my September Royal cruise.

I booked this cruise as soon as it was available. (On Royal, April 2014) This is for the 1 week that DH (teacher) is off from work. It has since gone down in price to almost half of the origional cost-- Yes it was a bit high, I thought, but just put down a $200 deposit to hold the cabin that we wanted. We didn't want to upgrade anything- was given $175 in OBC. Never lost the OBC during each price drop. (was surprised)-- All I am suggesting is that it doesn't hurt to ask when you see price drops to see if you can get it. I just couldn't believe that Princess was so nice about refunding money, for the third time! And after final payment. 7 day cruise is now $957 pp for a reg. balcony cabin-- which for an inflated Spring Break carribean cruise, I think is a good deal for a brand new ship. (Origionally the price was around $1400 to start. which I thought was high, even for April sailing in carribean.) But I would use Cruise Critic's new feature to see if your sailing has dropped in price for your cabin class. Saved me today $135.00 which I greatfully accepted!

We had booked Royal's Oct 25 sailing. The price of our Deluxe Balcony dropped. we called. & got a savings of $642.50 each for the first 2 pax. My brother (pax #3) does not get his fare reduced because it was low to start. We've been pretty happy, needless to say.

Steve

I'm sure it's worth checking out although I doubt it'll be any help. I'm already paying almost $450 less for my cruise on March 1 than the current Princess pricing and $900 less than the cabin next to me on my September Royal cruise.

This feature will probably benefit passengers who book directly with Princess not passengers who use a good discount TA.

We had booked Royal's Oct 25 sailing. The price of our Deluxe Balcony dropped. we called. & got a savings of $642.50 each for the first 2 pax. My brother (pax #3) does not get his fare reduced because it was low to start. We've been pretty happy, needless to say.

Steve

I posted the drop on our roll call and many people did get price reductions. :D I did not see it on the CC price drop feature.

I just got a $540 price drop yesterday, yay! I didn't see it on the Cruise Critic tool, but rather just looked at Princess' website (like I do every day) and noticed a big reduction. Called TA and within minutes had a new fare confirmation.

Same here. Set up Cruise Personalizer, (recommended here on CC), check it frequently. Price dropped a few days ago by 50/person. Called T.A. She called Princess. They initially offered me an "upgrade" to mid-ship, same deck (Caribe on Ruby end of March), instead of Onboard Credit. Nah, I like my "aft" cabin. I balked and asked again for Onboard Credit (since I already made final payment). Lo and Behold, T.A. came back the second time and stated the Princess Associate talked to their Manager and I would be getting a reduction and it would be on my Credit Card !

** Works for me ~

One thing that I have learned, is that a discount t.a. isn't a discount t.a. if he/she refuses to accept price drops that client is entitled to. Yes the commission is close to nothing, but if t.a. goes out of his way to make sure that client gets discounts that the cruise line offer, without the drama as described by one of the posters, very often the client will return. I believe that the poster was given a bunch of nonsense from t.a. because commission gets reduced every time a fare is reduced. But the persistence of poster paid off.

We usually book mini-suites. Unfortunately, minis aren't one of the choices for cabin type so the CC price drop feature doesn't help much. Verified with the current mini-suite price drop of $100 on our Sept Alaska cruise that doesn't show in price drop. we called and they cheerfully dropped our price.

Edited by AZJerry

I have to admit I don't really understand how this Price Drop Tools works. There is no option for ship, just the cruise line. Also you have to pick a month, not a possible range of months.

Would you create a new Price Drop Search for each month or destination? And if you do this are you creating many different searches or just wiping out the one previously created and modifying it to new parameters? I want to keep an eye on our 3 B2B's that are booked but part of it is South Pacific, Part Hawaii and part Repositioning. Fortunately all three start in April but I can't eliminate other cruises to all of these destinations on other ships in the Princess fleet.

Then I want to keep an eye on some sailings on the Grand in September and October but can only enter one month or the other. Is there a detailed description of what exactly the Tool does other than the little pop up screen?

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

How do you know what the people in the cabin next to you paid for the September cruise? Just curious how you know.

Ok, it is after cruise for April has been paid in full. I already before that received two price drops with no problem getting new lower price. My cruise has been paid in full --Now it is past final payment date by 4 days! Used the price drop feature today out of curiosity, saw that there were 4 cabins left in my category.

I wasn't about to give up my cabin or do an upgrade voluntarily. Anyway. I just called up Princess and asked very nicely if it were possible to get OBC for the difference or any charity! The customer rep was so nice, said they dont do that but would be happy to just refund the difference to my credit card! I couldn't believe it. Their customer rep couldn't be any nicer!

So, thank you so much Cruise Critic for the new feature on price drops. And it doesn't hurt to call up Princess in regards to this.

Good for you.

For the Oct 25th sailing, you don't see the drop on any web site other then the Princess site. :)

We use this system...

Pete gets a psychic flash, says it's time to look at Princess, & sure enough a reduction shows up about 75% of the time.

We were signed in to Princess Cruise Personalizer where we saw the new prices. After we logged out we went back without logging in & found that the price change was not posted.

but if t.a. goes out of his way to make sure that client gets discounts that the cruise line offer, without the drama as described by one of the posters, very often the client will return.

A CCer, who is also a travel agent, agreed with this sentiment. He might lose a little in the short run, but the client will stick with him for many future cruises.

Steve

Edited by skf

• 1 month later...

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I've clicked on the link and it doesn't work. :confused: Could anyone help me figure out if this feature still exists and how to access it? TIA!

EDITED TO NOTE: Well - I just googled and found it!

Edited by EatPrayCruise