balcony or mini-suite Tahitian Princess

cruisercruiser

From the pics I have seen, most mini-suites don't look like there is really that much more to them than the balcony. Most ships have many more balcony locations to choose from if location is important to you. Just my opinion. Good luck.

We had a standard balcony cabin (#6051) on her sister ship, Pacific Princess (new), 11-03, Tahiti to Sydney, and found it more than adequate.

We spend little time in our cabins, and find many mini-suites over-rated.

Rachel1374, pictures don't always tell the truth. The mini on this ship is FAR larger than the balcony cabin and I'm not talking about the balcony.

Cruiser, if you can swing it, take the mini. Nothing like that extra space/comfort on a long cruise.

Arlene

We had a mini suite on the TP and friends had a balcony cabin. Difference of day and night. The balcony cabin was so tiny compared to ours that when we visited, our friends would say "OK you saw a balcony cabin, now lets go back to YOUR cabin because yours is so much nicer." The design of the minis is unlike any others we have occupied, we loved every inch of it.

The tahitian minisuites are awesome. They are much bigger than any mini-suite on any other princess ship, since it was not built for princess. We had the mini on a B2B and are going again for a mini. If the price difference isn't too big, take the mini. The pictures that rachel is talking about are the other mini's on most of the princess ships. We have dive gear, so we love having the room to spread out our stuff. The tahitian was our first mini. Then we did the coral and a mini was the same price as the balcony so we took the mini. It was a let down. All rooms on the Tahitian are bigger than their counterparts on other princess ships. The balconies are a little bigger than the balcony cabins. Although balconies on mini suites on other princess ships are bigger. The most important thing is to get on the ship. Take what ever you feel comfortable with.

I just booked the TP for Sept. 2006 and the mini was not that much $ more than the balcony. We took the mini. It is just over 100 sq. ft. larger than the balcony. Doesn't sound like much, but for a 10 day cruise I think I'll notice the difference.

I just booked the TP for Sept. 2006 and the mini was not that much $ more than the balcony. We took the mini. It is just over 100 sq. ft. larger than the balcony. Doesn't sound like much, but for a 10 day cruise I think I'll notice the difference.

You made a very wise choice dog, you will ove this cabin, and that 100 sq. ft. makes a huge difference!

This web site has pictures of all the room categories on the Tahitian sister ship, the Pacific Princess.

http://www.maritimematters.com/pacificprincess2-5.html

Our price difference between a balcony and a mini for August 2006 was low enough that we decided to go with the mini. I also like having the extra space in the bathroom that mini-suites provide!

the inside rooms are very nice, we did one our last trip on the TP. we are doing a balcony this next time as we did on our first, because FP is just too pretty to not see it when you are in your room. However, if it was an inside or nothing I would take the inside again in a heartbeat! the inside rooms are very nice and spacious with lots of storage.

The tahitian minisuites are awesome. They are much bigger than any mini-suite on any other princess ship, since it was not built for princess. We had the mini on a B2B and are going again for a mini. If the price difference isn't too big, take the mini. The pictures that rachel is talking about are the other mini's on most of the princess ships. We have dive gear, so we love having the room to spread out our stuff. The tahitian was our first mini. Then we did the coral and a mini was the same price as the balcony so we took the mini. It was a let down. All rooms on the Tahitian are bigger than their counterparts on other princess ships. The balconies are a little bigger than the balcony cabins. Although balconies on mini suites on other princess ships are bigger. The most important thing is to get on the ship. Take what ever you feel comfortable with.
Thanks for the reassurance! we're booked 11/10/05 on this ship and it is the first time we booked a mini-suite over a balcony. Also we are just starting to get into scuba. Any suggestions for dives while on the cruise?:p

Thanks for the reassurance! we're booked 11/10/05 on this ship and it is the first time we booked a mini-suite over a balcony. Also we are just starting to get into scuba. Any suggestions for dives while on the cruise?:p

Get on the personalizer and sign up for all the dives, before they are taken. Bora bora was neat to see the huge rays. We are not shopping nuts, so for us it is water, water, water. If you decide to make your own arrangements, you can always go into the personalizer and edit to take off the one you don't want. The dives that are the same time as the discover dives will be more geared to the newbies. If you are doing a precruise, see if there is a dive outfit on or near your hotel and do some diving. We did a B2B in 2003 and dived both times on Bora Bora and Riatea. Did two dives on Tahiti through Sheraton. At that time no ship dive excursion on Moorea and now there is. But after we had signed up for a local beach picnic we saw Top Dive at the tender area looking for people. We didn't dive on Rarotonga either, but did snorkel. Water was really cold, and I normally don't get cold in the water. The people that did arrange a dive, said it wasn't that great. Check out the roll calls and reviews to see what people are saying. There isn't a whole lot in the Scuba and South Pacific.

the inside rooms are very nice, we did one our last trip on the TP. we are doing a balcony this next time as we did on our first, because FP is just too pretty to not see it when you are in your room. However, if it was an inside or nothing I would take the inside again in a heartbeat! the inside rooms are very nice and spacious with lots of storage.

Tx. It wouldn't be an inside or nothing, but it would likely be 12 day in balcony or mini suite vs. 22 day inside - tough!!

Get on the personalizer and sign up for all the dives, before they are taken. Bora bora was neat to see the huge rays. We are not shopping nuts, so for us it is water, water, water. If you decide to make your own arrangements, you can always go into the personalizer and edit to take off the one you don't want. The dives that are the same time as the discover dives will be more geared to the newbies. If you are doing a precruise, see if there is a dive outfit on or near your hotel and do some diving. We did a B2B in 2003 and dived both times on Bora Bora and Riatea. Did two dives on Tahiti through Sheraton. At that time no ship dive excursion on Moorea and now there is. But after we had signed up for a local beach picnic we saw Top Dive at the tender area looking for people. We didn't dive on Rarotonga either, but did snorkel. Water was really cold, and I normally don't get cold in the water. The people that did arrange a dive, said it wasn't that great. Check out the roll calls and reviews to see what people are saying. There isn't a whole lot in the Scuba and South Pacific.
Donna...It sounds like you just did dives with Princess. Is Top Dive an independent or do they work with Princess. We're thinking of taking all our gear as long as there's good places to use it. Our last trip we just snorkeled but really want to dive this time.

Donna...It sounds like you just did dives with Princess. Is Top Dive an independent or do they work with Princess. We're thinking of taking all our gear as long as there's good places to use it. Our last trip we just snorkeled but really want to dive this time.

Top dive was not the one they used when we were there. You never know who they are contracting with. In Dec on the Golden we signed up for St. Lucia diving with the ship. Was I surprised when Sandals picked us up. They are a class act. We dove with them on a land based last March in St. Lucia. Most dive operators that princess has are not that great. I hate to prepay and then the ship not getting there on time or not getting there at all. A few times we have done our own but not on the Tahitian, except at the Sheraton in Tahiti. But as long as I'm in warm water I am happy. I think Starjohns who is on the oct 1 and 11 Tahitian has done a lot of diving around there, try to look up his posts.

Thanks, Donna! We're probably going to ask our local divemaster for suggestions as well. I understand about not booking in advance on land in case there are weather problems. I just want to be in the water as much as possible and as long as possible. I will look up StarJohns posts as well.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband just surprised me with a Tahiti cruise January 2007...can't think of anything but this and we have a cruise in November 2005. He booked us in cabin 6093 aft balcony....how is the view from there? Does anyone know if the partition between 6090 and 6093 can be removed as our friends are booked into 6090 and would be nice for this cruise to have our balcony's open to one another. I have heard this can be done on some ships when you are traveling with family. Any sites with pictures would be great as well.

My husband just surprised me with a Tahiti cruise January 2007...can't think of anything but this and we have a cruise in November 2005. He booked us in cabin 6093 aft balcony....how is the view from there? Does anyone know if the partition between 6090 and 6093 can be removed as our friends are booked into 6090 and would be nice for this cruise to have our balcony's open to one another. I have heard this can be done on some ships when you are traveling with family. Any sites with pictures would be great as well.

Here's a good site with pictures of each of the categories for the Tahitian Princess' sister ship, the Pacific Princess:

http://www.maritimematters.com/pacificprincess2-5.html

Thanks for the great link...looks like we are moving up in class on this ship. Here I though an inside cabin, bottom floor in the middle was the best but after looking at these pictures I think I have changed my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the great link...looks like we are moving up in class on this ship. Here I though an inside cabin, bottom floor in the middle was the best but after looking at these pictures I think I have changed my mind.

I'm glad it helped!

I wish I could be so lucky as to have this choice to make! A balcony or a minisuite...12 days or 22...You guys are going to have a wonderful time regardless!!!! We will be on the CB 9/3 with a balcony room and can't wait! I hope to go on the TP in the next few years, and while we have always had balcony rooms, I might have to do the inside to be able to do a b2b cruise. There are always lots of public areas with great views! ; )

Archived