Rum Runners on Carnival Spirit

maxx

Sorry David - I don't get it???:confused:

Its an old saying.....

Newcastle, England where all the coal came from.

There is so much coal there , no need to take your own.

QM2 , so much booze available on board , you wont know where to start:D

Its an old saying.....

Newcastle, England where all the coal came from.

There is so much coal there , no need to take your own.

QM2 , so much booze available on board , you wont know where to start:D

Oh! Yes I know the saying just wondered what you meant regarding QM2. It has been our experience that ALL cruise ships have plenty of "booze" on board. We like to have a drink in our cabin while we are dressing for dinner so we have taken Rum Runners on board before. Also, my DH likes his rum and coke and only drinks Bundaberg, and has tried so many other rums from around the world but hasn't found one that comes close to Bundaberg.

Thanks for your reply.

Has anyone had experience with Rum Runners on Carnival Spirit?

I am anticipating some interesting responses.

Be aware Carnival Security monitor these boards, know the tricks and open flasks ! @ Rum Runners.

Edited by NSWP

I don't think it's about affording it. It's the convenience of being able to have some pre dinner drinks etc in your own cabin or balcony sail aways..instead of going to bars and bringing back to cabins.....especially of there is a group of friends cruising together. Yes, you get sent to the naughty room if you take on in bottles etc, rum runners are especially made to be undetectable.

The answer is YES people have been sent to the naughty room & any alcohol in the original sealed container is confiscated & returned at the end of the cruise & forms part of your duty free allowance. Any alcohol in a container other than the original sealed container is confiscated & disposed of. :)

Just out of curiosity, can you go to the bar onboard and buy a full bottle of spirits or wine and take back to your cabin with you?

No, with the exception that if you order a bottle of wine in the dining rooms, any partially used bottles can be taken back to your cabin or they can mark it and hold for you.

No, with the exception that if you order a bottle of wine in the dining rooms, any partially used bottles can be taken back to your cabin or they can mark it and hold for you.

I'm not so sure about that Hugh, I remember Larry (Liz and Larry) wanted a bottle of Canadian Club in the Concierge Lounge and he actually bought it on the ship and took it in there (because they didn't have it). The bottle stayed behind the bar exclusively for Larry. You might ask him, it would be interesting to know - I never thought anything of it at the time.

Cheers

Di

Edited by Dizziedi

I'm not so sure about that Hugh, I remember Larry (Liz and Larry) wanted a bottle of Canadian Club in the Concierge Lounge and he actually bought it on the ship and took it in there (because they didn't have it). The bottle stayed behind the bar exclusively for Larry. You might ask him, it would be interesting to know - I never thought anything of it at the time.

Cheers

Di

That would have to be an exception, buying it from the shop on board and send it to the CL. But in answer to the OP, you cant buy a bottle of spirits from a bar on the ship. Mmmm interesting, wil ask them.

Hugh

• 2 weeks later...
Just out of curiosity, can you go to the bar onboard and buy a full bottle of spirits or wine and take back to your cabin with you?

You can't get a bottle at the bars and take it back to your cabin but you can pre-order bottles for your cabin, at least on Carnival....if you order pre-cruise.

From the Carnival web site go to "Manage", then "In Room Gifts and Shopping", then "Beverages", then "Liquor".

Prices are about 300% of what you'd pay on shore but if you want it, they'll provide it.