Need advice. another guarantee ?

Lesinindy

In all our cruises this is the first guarantee we have done. Wanted a VF due to the price at the time of booking (only option was guarantee). Since then I have noticed that VD (guarantee) and VA are both cheaper (VA by 200 pp and you can pick the room). I am not a gambling person and this is making me nervous. Any suggestions about what I should do?

Do I roll the dice on the VF?

Will they let me go to the VA at the lower price?

Do I wait for a possible up-sell or upgrade?

Or do I just chill out?

worry wart that I am, I would go for the VA, know where I am on the ship, and save $400 which can buy a whole lotta fun on that cuise or go towards your next cruise!!!!! always think ahead!!! :D

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

Depending on how you booked your cruise, I'd suggest you call your travel agent or Personal Cruise Consultant.

In a case like this, Holland America will often let you at least switch to a 'VA Guarantee' or possibly even select a stateroom and maybe even snag some onboard credit.

It never hurts to ask, and you've got a stateroom you'll enjoy at the price you wanted to pay even if nothing else pans out.

We recently booked a cruise right after we returned from a New Year's cruise and were already past the final payment date, so paid in full. About a week later, I noticed that the Mariner pricing had dropped another $100 pp so contacted my PCC and acknowledged that we were past final payment, but wondered if we might be eligible for some OBC or a bump up. We were given a bit of both - moved up to a VD guarantee and were given a small amount of OBC. I'm glad that I asked.