Yippee! Chilled Fruit Soups are Back!

OceanDreaming2

We spoke - NCL listened! The chilled fruit soups have returned fleetwide. The F&B Manager on the Sun (Dan Dyer) told us it was due to popular request. Yum!:p

Is that in the MDR? The main complaint was they disappeared from the MDR menu - they were still sporadically available in the buffet apparently.

We spoke - NCL listened! The chilled fruit soups have returned fleetwide. The F&B Manager on the Sun (Dan Dyer) told us it was due to popular request. Yum!:p

Did he give an idea of when they were going to be back on the menu? Could this be part of the new fleet wide menus that have been discussed on the NCL Boards?

My DH will be so happy! I know he shed a tear or two when he saw that they had been removed from the MDR menu. This is going to make it sooooo much easier to convince him that we need to book another cruise. :)

Did he give an idea of when they were going to be back on the menu? Could this be part of the new fleet wide menus that have been discussed on the NCL Boards?

My DH will be so happy! I know he shed a tear or two when he saw that they had been removed from the MDR menu. This is going to make it sooooo much easier to convince him that we need to book another cruise. :)

We were on Breakaway with 12 nights of new dinner DR menus. No sign of chilled soups. Sorry, can't recall gazpacho, either. That said, liked the new menus (not finalized yet).

Please fill me in about what is so special about the chilled soups. After hearing, (reading), so much about them I couldn't wait to try some on Celebrity Mercury a few years ago. What I got was some sort of berry concoction. It just tasted like fruit juice to me. :confused: I guess I just prefer a hot and savory soup.:p But please enlighten me. Thanks!

Please fill me in about what is so special about the chilled soups. After hearing, (reading), so much about them I couldn't wait to try some on Celebrity Mercury a few years ago. What I got was some sort of berry concoction. It just tasted like fruit juice to me. :confused: I guess I just prefer a hot and savory soup.:p But please enlighten me. Thanks!

I guess it can be refreshing in the summer but to me it was just like having a smoothie in a bowl. :D

We were on Breakaway with 12 nights of new dinner DR menus. No sign of chilled soups. Sorry' date=' can't recall gazpacho, either. That said, liked the new menus (not finalized yet).[/quote']

Thanks for the info. We don't leave for another couple of months so my fingers are crossed that the big reveal will occur across the fleet by that time. I am happy with the "old" menus and never had a problem finding something delicious. Did you by chance take pics of the new menus? I believe I saw something on another post, but thought I would ask first before I go searching.

Thanks!

Well I hope it is true for the New Menu they are trying on Carnival too, they have dropped it and many favorite desserts on new menu..I am ready and looking forward to trying other lines next as last 2 have been Carnival..

But I may break down on a last minute super affordable Carnival one and get a step up in October, but actually am verifying old menu ships if I go soon..LOL..at any rate i am a chilled soup lover and glad NCL is bringing them back for competition's sake too. It is an elegant not too expensive thing to add sooo much and a wonderful lighter dessert too...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

doesnt sound like it's true for the breakaway getaway or epic. anyone know for sure?

I did not see them on the DR menus at night. However, we never went to the Garden Cafe so perhaps someone else who has been on Breakaway/Getaway/Epic can chime in.

We did not take pics of the new Breakaway menus (still not finalized) but there are a couple of Getaway threads that have them. AttilatheFun posted two of the nights plus some pictures on his thread and another poster had a link to his Flickr a/c (they were too small for me to read).

I'm sure there will be more comments coming as more people try them out.