Lets Make A Deal

Yehootu

Two Questions...

1. About when does Princess start doing upgrades? On this cruise we are with my mother. She is Platinum, going to Elite after this cruise. She is in a Aft Facing Balcony, with us around corner in Mini Suite.

2.Right before date from above question, I have heard Princess calls and offers lower priced upgrades, has anyone tried to negotiate their own upgrade price.

Vista suite next to Mom is open and for a decent fee would upgrade. Right now abour $1500pp. Not gonna do it.

I have been upgraded once on a RCCL cruise from aft facing balcony to one of second highest suites. Was only 2nd cruise on RCCL, but I was working as an interline travel agent, Great update as wife and I got food poisoning from FLL that left us down and out for first 2 days.

Mahalo, Tim

Two Questions...

1. About when does Princess start doing upgrades? On this cruise we are with my mother. She is Platinum, going to Elite after this cruise. She is in a Aft Facing Balcony, with us around corner in Mini Suite.

2.Right before date from above question, I have heard Princess calls and offers lower priced upgrades, has anyone tried to negotiate their own upgrade price.

Vista suite next to Mom is open and for a decent fee would upgrade. Right now abour $1500pp. Not gonna do it.

I have been upgraded once on a RCCL cruise from aft facing balcony to one of second highest suites. Was only 2nd cruise on RCCL, but I was working as an interline travel agent, Great update as wife and I got food poisoning from FLL that left us down and out for first 2 days.

Mahalo, Tim

We have never been offered an upgrade we had to pay for.

It seems to happen 2 or so weeks before the sailing if there are lots of empty cabins at the higher levels and a higher demand for the lower priced cabins.

I'm sure there are many factors that go into if/when they offer upgrades/upsells and to whom, unfortunately it's a lot of conjecture for us all here on CC.

Edited by Luvmyrotti

This is called an upsell...

hey are not offered very often... I wouldn't count on it, but who knows? If the suites sell out quickly, then obviously there would be no chance... If all the balconies sell out, your mother may or may not be offered an upgrade...

Exactly.

We were offered an upsell to a suite from a mini suite in the amount of $300 per person. We liked the mini suite we had booked and did not like the location of the suite so we turned it down. We were offered this about a month before the cruise.

This is all we sail in and I can tell you they are very popular. If you are thinking of one then jump on it now because it isn't going to last long. I got the last one on our upcoming Golden trip and I booked 8 days after the cruise opened for booking. I got the second last one available on our Australia cruise next year and it was booked 14 months out. If you do get offered an upsell to a suite you don't get to pick the one you want. They will offer you a specific cabin and its basically take it or leave it. If you want that specific Vista Suite you might just have to bite the bullet and pay. As an aside unfortunately your mother will not be able to partake in breakfast at Sabatini's. They keep a list of names and if not in a suite you don't get in. Either way enjoy your trip

Two Questions...

I've been "upgraded" only once out of 30+ Princess cruises, never on other lines. Upgrades to full suites are relatively rare so if you want a full suite, you'll need to pay for it. There's no specific date by which Princess starts upgrading passengers as every cruise is different. Princess may or may not call or notify you of an upgrade and are not obligated to do so. You can be moved to any cabin anywhere on the ship whenever Princess wants as long as it's one category higher.

For the very first time ever we were upgraded from a balcony cabin to a mini suite. Location right below where we were in balcony cabin so ideal

location for us. It was a two week cruise and happened three days before sailing. Happened in November,no,email or notice, just checked personalizer and it was there.