Reflection 1-25-14 Review

CruiserFTL

I have been very busy since my return But I wanted to get a few videos out for you all to see. This first video is a long walk around the Solstice deck. Here you will see that there was a clear visible sign of the bar servers. I had NO problem getting a drink EVER! In fact one bar server was so amazing that when I was at the Mast Bar I had one not so very charming bartender tell me that I could not have a Frozen Strawberry Margarita because they were out of glasses. Christano (a bar server)overheard this and went behind the bar and made me the best tasting Frozen Margarita that I had all cruise.

<a href=http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r798/ftlchip/Reflection12514_0392_zpsc9844aa9.jpg~original' alt='Reflection12514_0392_zpsc9844aa9.jpg~original'>

In fact I only let him make them for me. I overheard the same bartender tell guests that there was no beer left that they wanted. Shortly after this the Assistant Bar Manager Mariana showed up and I let her know of these experiences and shall I say she jumped on him and made everything right by ordering up a replenishment of the bar. Christano would even make up his own trivia contests when it was slow around the bar. Lots of fun! Much better than the real trivia events.

My 4 favorite Bartenders;

At the Mast bar… Dexter and Shawn Great personalities quick to respond!

At the Molecular Bar… Marious and Barbara Amazing drinks and a lot of fun… This was our bar before dinner, after dinner, before shows, after shows, and any other time when they were open from 5PM till Midnight.

White Cloud from Marious @ the Molecular Lounge

Bartender extraordinaire Barbara on the Celebrity Reflection’s Molecular Bar

I had searched on the boards for any information on the Mast Grill seeing that I am a burger lover. Here is a video that shows them being cooked. They were Juicy and with grilled onions and crisp bacon were to die for.

More to come

Edited by CruiserFTL
photo editing

I recognize Marious! We spent MANY an evening there during our cruise and he was terrific! One night, my Scorpion's Kiss had the imfamous scorpion from the bottom of the bottle! When I screamed at it in my drink, he smiles, removed it, then ATE IT!!! Everyone at the bar loved that, and loved the Molecular!!

Edited by akowilm

I recognize Marious! We spent MANY an evening there during our cruise and he was terrific! One night, my Scorpion's Kiss had the imfamous scorpion from the bottom of the bottle! When I screamed at it in my drink, he smiles, removed it, then ATE IT!!! Everyone at the bar loved that, and loved the Molecular!!

That's funny he was trying to get me to eat it, but I just let it stay swimming in the bottle.

Nice videos. Not to be too technical, but the first video is actually deck 15(we saw ourselves in the video by the way). The Solstice deck is actually the smaller deck 16, that you get to from stairs towards the back of deck 15

Nice videos. Not to be too technical, but the first video is actually deck 15(we saw ourselves in the video by the way). The Solstice deck is actually the smaller deck 16, that you get to from stairs towards the back of deck 15

Aghhhh...:o You are so right... This is Lawn deck 15

Still detoxing from all the premium liquor:D

Cruiser, well done!! Love the videos. Just the info I have been looking for. Especially enjoyed the tour of Deck 15. I can't wait to hang out at the Mast and Sunset Bars and have beer and burgers from the Mast Grill this summer!!!

Thank you!!!

Cheers!!!

Edited by Tommy3putts

I have been very busy since my return But I wanted to get a few videos out for you all to see. This first video is a long walk around the Solstice deck. Here you will see that there was a clear visible sign of the bar servers. I had NO problem getting a drink EVER! In fact one bar server was so amazing that when I was at the Mast Bar I had one not so very charming bartender tell me that I could not have a Frozen Strawberry Margarita because they were out of glasses. Christano (a bar server)overheard this and went behind the bar and made me the best tasting Frozen Margarita that I had all cruise.

<a href=http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r798/ftlchip/Reflection12514_0392_zpsc9844aa9.jpg~original' alt='Reflection12514_0392_zpsc9844aa9.jpg~original'>

In fact I only let him make them for me. I overheard the same bartender tell guests that there was no beer left that they wanted. Shortly after this the Assistant Bar Manager Mariana showed up and I let her know of these experiences and shall I say she jumped on him and made everything right by ordering up a replenishment of the bar. Christano would even make up his own trivia contests when it was slow around the bar. Lots of fun! Much better than the real trivia events.

My 4 favorite Bartenders;

At the Mast bar… Dexter and Shawn Great personalities quick to respond!

At the Molecular Bar… Marious and Barbara Amazing drinks and a lot of fun… This was our bar before dinner, after dinner, before shows, after shows, and any other time when they were open from 5PM till Midnight.

White Cloud from Marious @ the Molecular Lounge

Bartender extraordinaire Barbara on the Celebrity Reflection’s Molecular Bar

I had searched on the boards for any information on the Mast Grill seeing that I am a burger lover. Here is a video that shows them being cooked. They were Juicy and with grilled onions and crisp bacon were to die for.

More to come

This is critical information, thank you!:cool:

It was such a pleasure meeting you and Joe during our first cruise on Celebrity. I loved your videos and reflecting back on our cruise last week!

I miss sitting at the Molecular Bar and trying one of the delicious cocktails either Marius or Barbara would make for us. :p

We can't wait to book another Celebrity cruise and we absolutely loved everything about the Reflection.

.. had searched on the boards for any information on the Mast Grill seeing that I am a burger lover. Here is a video that shows them being cooked. They were Juicy and with grilled onions and crisp bacon were to die for.[/font]

More to come

Thanks alot...now i'm hungry!!:eek::eek:

Okay let's back up and start from the beginning we were pretty excited to get on board the ship and we arrived very early to the port about 9:30 9:45 AM.

We gave our luggage off to the porters, said goodbye to it, enjoyed the nice stroll up to the TSA checkpoint to which we started the wait in line for to open and start letting us through. The line opened up at about 10 AM YAY! we said and we started to head in. Walked right up to the ticketing gate no problems at all got our IDs checked, got our sea pass cards and headed for the nice luxurious waiting room. That's where it all went wrong, seems that they were having a problem getting everybody off the ship and we were sitting in a nice ice cold waiting room staring out at the reflection wishing we were on board. This lasted for several hours and even the passengers that were coming from the great White North were complaining about how cold it was and we are all wishing we could get outside to enjoy the beautiful day South Florida was having. Well now I'm getting hungry and I'm dreaming about the drinks that I have been missing while sitting here yay they have opened up the lines and we are headed on board. I know everybody likes to stop at bistro on five but we decided to head for the mass bar and the mast Grill for our Long Island iced teas and hamburgers and hotdogs.

20140125_122151_zpsdd1ba3bb.jpg

This was a great choice and we enjoyed our food and the company that we met for the first time on board. Larry and Carol happened be at the mast Grill and then went over to the mass bar and we followed and drank ourselves to a fun time. Cabins opened up at about one o'clock with no problems we got to ours it was laid out beautifully and Jim Bryan was there to greet us. We get ourselves acclimated around the ship but now it's time for Muster drill. After Muster drill we headed ourselves up to the Sunset bar to get set for sale away. Here is a time lapse video of our sale away out of the port of Miami.

we would receive a letter of apology for the embarkation prom problems the next day from celebrity I will include this later.

Edited by CruiserFTL
bad wording

Just saw ourselves sunbathing!! What a great trip. 1st time to ever have free classic beverage package, and I have to agree that we NEVER had a problem finding someone to serve us! I was a little worried, but could not have been more pleased with the service in all the bars, lounges, and ESPECIALLY the MDR. We could not believe our "bill" at the end of the cruise..... All the pages of charges ( please do not judge) and all we owed was $3.02!!!!

Can't wait for more...we are heading her way on 3/22.....hope the weather is as beautiful as looked for you on the excursion around deck 15/16...whatever....I loved it.....and the drinks.....wow.....I'm going to detox before I go.....so I'm ready to indulge.....:D

Here are two more time lapse videos for you.

The first one is leaving the port of St. Thomas.

This next one is leaving the port of St. Maarten.

This video is of St. Maarten in the background and I do a full 360 around the Sunset bar.

I am sorry that I did not get any video from the San Juan sail away but that was during dinner.

Speaking of dinner the MDR had some very good meals, yes not five star but still very good meals.

There was a grand buffet brunch on the morning of the San Juan port day. It was not listed in the celebrity today in any big fashion. I did find out later that they do this for a reason. It seems that too many people would show up and not allow everyone to have as good or comfortable time at this event. So it is something that you either search out or find out about so that you do get to attend. It did make for much lighter crowds and much easier to get to the food that you wanted without any wait.