Port Everglades HAL Terminal

zelker

First time sailing out of Port Everglades (on Zuiderdam on 2/14) ... is the terminal that HAL uses big enough that if we encounter a line, we won't be stuck standing outside? Also, is the terminal air conditioned and if so, is it usually comfortable or should we plan on it being warm and dress accordingly? Thanks!

First time sailing out of Port Everglades (on Zuiderdam on 2/14) ... is the terminal that HAL uses big enough that if we encounter a line, we won't be stuck standing outside? Also, is the terminal air conditioned and if so, is it usually comfortable or should we plan on it being warm and dress accordingly? Thanks!

If the line extends outside there is a covered walkway.

The terminal is sort of air conditioned. Good enough.

Edited by sapper1

HAL uses several terminals at PEG ... normally 26, but also sometimes 21, 19, 25, or 29. We haven't been in all of them, but in 26 the scanner is just inside the door and any line that builds up it therefore outside. IIRC 21 has a small area with a few chairs between the door and the scanner. 29 is only used on very busy days, and we were only there once, and I don't recall where the scanner is located.

In 3 or 4 days CLICK HERE to see which terminal your ship will use (right now it only goes as far as the 2/11) and check again before you leave home, as it can change.

Edited by catl331

From watching sail-aways on the port web cam, it looks like the Zuiderdam is always at 26 but I will definitely check this weekend. Thanks for the link and the info. Based on what you've said, I'm going to wear shorts or capris and be comfortable while waiting to board. :)

Your comfort will depend much on what temperatures & humidity levels you find comfortable. The current (2/4) long term forecast for Valentine's Day is low 80s with dew points around 70. From personal experience, when we were leaving our house in Maine, it always felt hot & humid. When we left from our condo in Fort Lauderdale, it felt nice. It depends what you're used to.

Your comfort will depend much on what temperatures & humidity levels you find comfortable. The current (2/4) long term forecast for Valentine's Day is low 80s with dew points around 70. From personal experience, when we were leaving our house in Maine, it always felt hot & humid. When we left from our condo in Fort Lauderdale, it felt nice. It depends what you're used to.

Of course you're right. We're coming from Colorado and I don't do well if it's much above 85 and/or high humidity. Of course when people from warm climates come here and it's in the 60's they think it's cold and we have on shorts. LOL

Of course you're right. We're coming from Colorado and I don't do well if it's much above 85 and/or high humidity. Of course when people from warm climates come here and it's in the 60's they think it's cold and we have on shorts. LOL

Well, then I would guess that the temperature will be fine, but it will feel wicked humid. On the bright side, you'll save on moisturizer. :)