OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

I never notice any more vibration than when we've stayed in regular cabins. This was our 4th time in an aft and we have another booked, so I guess that should answer that question :)

We prefer the corner afts (3 of the 4 times we've had one) but will take one of the center afts if that's all that's available.

On Voyager class our favorite has probably been 7688 with the giant port hole on the side & open back. It's partly covered & has a HUGE balcony.

We have JS 1100 reserved for our upcoming Med cruise. We've never stayed higher than deck 9 so we're looking forward to trying it out.

Glad to hear you enjoy them!! We are excited to try one out. We are even going to switch our upgrade preference to no upgrade for this sailing as it would be our luck to get upgraded to a non aft JS. Don't get me wrong, the JS would be nicer than our D1 but we really want this cabin location!! We booked this cruise only a few weeks ago and were stunned that any afts were still open. 1390 was the only one left and from what I see on CC everyone loves it. The balcony is the second one in on deck 10. The railing does have the infrastructure thing but it looks like it does not block much if any of the view. Cabins 1390 and 1690 are where the infrastructure starts and ends so it sticks out less than the 4 middle cabins. Also with NOS and MOS cabins 1390 and 1690, the balcony is wider than the cabin making it a huge rectangle balcony. They show pics of 2 loungers and 2 normal chairs with a small table from other's reviews. It should be the nicest balcony we have ever had!!!

Did you find that your aft balcony had more vibration than other parts of the ship? Would you book an aft again?

When I was in an aft on Independence the only time I felt extra vibration was when the ship was doing 180° spins (usually before coming into port).

Sorry to hijack the thread about the accessible cabins... but this post has me curious... We have been booking any available accessible cabin for our cruises... my mom need the rails in the bathroom, raised toilet, and roll in shower (has difficulty walking). You said your previous accessible cabin on the Oasis was not sufficient... can you let me know the problems. We have an accessible cabin on Oasis and I'm just hoping these cabins are as described in the 'book'.

Good to know they upgraded you to a JS... that wouldn't work for us because JS only have a bathtub... no walk in shower.

What ever info you can give me about the Oasis accessible cabins will help.

Again... sorry to post this here... I wish we had a way to private message questions so far off topic.

We have had 2. Outside balcony on the Oasis and Parkview Balcony on the Allure. Loved them both but for different reasons. The cabin was the same in both it was just the difference in view. Ocean vs Central Park. I do have pictures of both if you would like to email me. razl1217@yahoo.com

Edited by Razl

The following pictures are from a Behind the Scenes Tour of the Theater. This was a Diamond perk by invitation only. Only 5 people showed up which made for a very nice tour.

I just thought this first picture was funny. RCI spends $85million on dry dock and their answer to holding open the Theater doors? PLASTIC ZIP TIES!!!

IMG_0648_zps3db97def.jpg

The view from the stage:

IMG_0673_zpsfc8d7988.jpg

The orchestra pit:

IMG_0651_zpse735f89f.jpg

A side view from the stage:

IMG_0653_zps9615f2d7.jpg

The theater manager's spot where he oversees things & watches the monitors:

IMG_0654_zpsf0a50f08.jpg

IMG_0655_zpsc6f106fc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Theater Tour Continued...

Backstage Area:

IMG_0658_zpsf9702797.jpg

Dressing Area:

IMG_0659_zpsa4d967ea.jpg

Costumes:

IMG_0662_zps7e4bbb30.jpg

Various Props such as the Pool Table, also in the far right corner you might recognize the BINGO board used for the BINGO games:

IMG_0664_zps7cd005ce.jpg

Tools of the Trade:

IMG_0665_zps230ee62d.jpg

Danielle showing us some of the costumes they wear in the shows:

IMG_0666_zpsfd5fe88b.jpg

Tour Continued...

The Stairs of Death as the singer's and dancer's have named them. The lead up to storage for other shows that they are not currently performing:

IMG_0667_zps2dd9776f.jpg

This thing was enormous and is used in the Promenade Parades:

IMG_0668_zps223262da.jpg

Great photos; have you posted the Compass and i missed it? Would love to see one if you get a chance. You have done a great job. Hopefully the warm weather is coming to this area soon and no more icy conditions.

I have not posted the Compasses yet. I have to scan them, then upload them. I'll try my best to get them done tomorrow. I'm trying to finish up the pics tonight.

Thanks for following along :)

This was my 50th Birthday Cruise and this is my stateroom door:

P2060181_zpsde82dc19.jpg

One of the waiters at another table performed this trick. Look closely, those forks are balancing on toothpicks!

P2070259_zpsfc0d8e3f.jpg

Some of the artwork we passed in our hallway each day:

IMG_0482_zps0a629ddf.jpg

IMG_0483_zpsa7cb8ef6.jpg

The flat screen tv's that were just installed during dry dock and the safe located above in the cabinet (not new):

IMG_0515_zps0d3329a7.jpg

This is looking down into the portrait studio where everyone had to go thru tubs and tubs of photos trying to find their own after an equipment malfunction:

IMG_0645_zps3dbe4738.jpg

In Cozumel we docked next to Freedom of the Seas:

IMG_0597_zpsc0f0bf56.jpg

The crew off-loading something off the ship:

IMG_0608_zps5886d3b7.jpg

Crew performing a safety drill while we were in port:

IMG_0612_zps8239bfcf.jpg

A view of the ship from a small resort area:

IMG_0613_zps2d126c26.jpg

The cruise terminal:

IMG_0614_zpse91c95ac.jpg

A view of the port from the ship:

IMG_0583_zpsa5525b9a.jpg

Port Area:

IMG_0619_zpsb369d809.jpg

The back of the "boat"

IMG_0615_zps0b712487.jpg

Walking between the two mammoth giants:

IMG_0617_zps3a10954f.jpg

The view from my balcony at 7am Sunday morning... I knew we were in trouble!

IMG_0826_zpsf67b32c9.jpg

The view from the deck around 2pm only a little improvement in visability:

IMG_0835_zpsde33607d.jpg

Coming in to Galveston around 3:30 or so in the afternoon:

IMG_0839_zps6d5dbdd8.jpg

Some of the many carts of luggage being offloaded at the port:

IMG_0869_zps69db857a.jpg

IMG_0870_zps2c52f9b5.jpg

OK! I think that may be it for all the non-personal pics. I'll try to get the Cruise Compasses and miscellaneous flyers that I picked up along the way scanned & uploaded tomorrow. Then hopefully I can get them all posted tomorrow evening when I get home.

You just don't know how excited i am for our first cruise in 2-1/2 weeks; had my hair done and am ready to start packing. I know the cruise will be too short after all the planning but still can't wait.

You will be hooked after your first one! Make sure to purchase a Next Cruise Certificate (you can decide an exact cruise date & ship later) while you are on board. It costs $100 (only put one name on the form or you will get 2 at a cost of $200) and that is the deposit for 1 person on your next booking. You can pay $100 for the 2nd person in the room when you turn it in to an actual booking later on. You will also receive $100 onboard credit for a 7-9 day cruise and $150 for 10 days or longer, I think it even goes up to $200 for longer cruises.

Are you on the 3/30 cruise? if so come visit us on our roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1632395

Oh, I've popped in and periodically with questions and comments. I find the boards very helpful in planning a cruise. Thanks for the invite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I had planned to post all of the Cruise Compasses yesterday but with the website down that didn't happen.

I did get everything scanned & uploaded to photobucket so I should be able to finish up today.

I will begin posting shortly :)