OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

Saw your mention of scones, please tell me they had the chocolate chips scones. We will be on her in Oct, and I love the scones. I bring ziplock bags to put them, in so I have them even on the days they aren't available.

Yes, they did have the scones in the cafe promenade most days, and my favorite cookie, (the coconut one), they used to only have it on day one, but on this cruise it made an apparence on 3 out of the four days. :D

They also had hot scones and biscuits on the 3pm afternoon snack buffet, I actually like the 3pm offerings at on the buffet better than the lunch buffet. They had guacamole, chips, ground beef, cheese sauce, and all the fixings to make great nachos, as well as the scones, biscuits, bread pudding and desserts.

Did they use absolute and kahlua and vanilla vodka huh? Never tried that. I just may have to

Thanks for the info

Jamie

I believe he used the absolute vanilla vodka instead of the regular. I liked it but I don't regularly drink White Russians so someone who does may not like it. That is the best thing about the drink package, IMO. If you don't like it, no harm no foul. :)

Do you or anyone happen to have pictures or video of accessible JS 1608? We have this cabin on our next NOS sailing, and I would love to see it. I have looked out online, and have not been able to find true pictures or videos. Thanks

Yes, they did have the scones in the cafe promenade most days, and my favorite cookie, (the coconut one), they used to only have it on day one, but on this cruise it made an apparence on 3 out of the four days. :D

They also had hot scones and biscuits on the 3pm afternoon snack buffet, I actually like the 3pm offerings at on the buffet better than the lunch buffet. They had guacamole, chips, ground beef, cheese sauce, and all the fixings to make great nachos, as well as the scones, biscuits, bread pudding and desserts.

Thanks, that all sounds great!

Do you or anyone happen to have pictures or video of accessible JS 1608? We have this cabin on our next NOS sailing, and I would love to see it. I have looked out online, and have not been able to find true pictures or videos. Thanks

I found this on a site about that cabin no. It looks really large. I hope this helps you. We have an accessible balcony cabin and I have been unable to find a picture of it.

RCC_NV_shp_nv_jun-suite_img_305.jpg

That's why I'm here. I HOPE it's the shakedown cruise blues. For everyone's sake. I have no other cruises to compare it to. This was my first.

There was a booking snafu as well that I didn't relate the details of. Basically I didn't get the cabin class I paid for, was denied a refund of the difference, and wasn't offered a change of cabins until halfway through the cruise.

The mechanical issues are shakedown issues. The service issues are I hope just staffing and training issues. The booking side of things is a corporate issue.

All rolled together it doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth when my friends who just returned on the Carnival Magic from a 7-day cruise paid less than I did and had none of the issues.

They're going to give me a credit toward future cruise certificate, and I'll probably end up using it because I'm a cheapskate, and 20% is significant. But it will not be without apprehension.

It is so great that you found CC, sad you didn't find it before your cruise. :( Now you will have ways to find out some great things about cruising. One of the firsts is how the cruise goes after the refurb. Usually there are issues and you see that in the reviews. It is to be expected as they are rolling out the ship again. Really you can't compare your friends cruise with this one, since that ship did not just have a refurb. Also, RCI is typically higher than Carnival, which is also known on the CC boards.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the cabin class you paid for. You don't say if you used RCI or a TA. I watch my room right up to time, to be sure no snafu happens! Best would be if the upgrade fairy would visit.

Hope you use that discount and enjoy your next cruise! Any cruise day is better than a work day! :D

I found this on a site about that cabin no. It looks really large. I hope this helps you. We have an accessible balcony cabin and I have been unable to find a picture of it.

Thank you Carol. I have seen that picture as well, but was hoping to find real updated pictures of the accessible cabin. Not sure if that is just a standard JS or an accessible one.

We got burned really bad on our accessible cabin on Oasis, and I relly want to see real pictures of what we're getting before we go.

I also think that everyone wanted off the ship so bad that many who had checked bags were walking off with their carry-on or overnight bags which compounded the situation.

Yes everyone wanted off & some were not very patient at all. Guess true characters were coming out yesterday.

We didn't try Sabor due to the (what I deemed) expensive cover charge for Tex Mex. I've read mixed reviews. Personally I think they will have a hard time making it work at that price while the ship is based in Texas. It may be a huge success in other markets. That's just my opinion.

I said on my survey & to my business development manager from RCCL that they needto market this differently because of it being Texas. I think they should flip charge form Sabor & Giovannis. $20 for Sabor & 25 for Giovannis

There are 5 speciality restaurants that i know of onboard Sabor (Modern Mexican) don't know the cost Chops (steak house) $30 per Izumi (Japanese) works just like an actual restaurant with each item priced Giovanni's Table (Italian) don't know price maybe $20 and Johnny Rockets (50's burger and shake diner)

Sabor is $25, If I remember right. LOVED their table side fresh made guacamole--yummy. Chops has actually gone up & is now $35 and they have changed the menu. Not only has the cover gone up, but now they have "premium" air aged beef that you get to pay MORE for on top of the cover, $18 to 21 depending on the steak. I was not able to eat there onthe first night that we usually do so I don't know how the 8 oz filet compares to the petite filet I always get. They did take away the table cloths!!!

We ate at lunch in Giovanis and like the dinner menu much better. The steak they had at lunch was a very thin, kind of tough sirloin.

We did not eat at this Izumi, but have on another ship and like it ok.

Well the two of us in our suite have never had a problem with the coffee tables. Maybe they should include the coffee tables for suite guests only.

Pile on! I can take it!

I can tell from your posts that you just enjoy poking the bear! :D

Do you or anyone happen to have pictures or video of accessible JS 1608? We have this cabin on our next NOS sailing, and I would love to see it. I have looked out online, and have not been able to find true pictures or videos.

I've stayed in accessible JS 1244 with a handicapped relative on a first-generation Voyager-class ship (Voyager OTS and have video of this on

, if it helps?

I'm not sure how different the accessible JS is on 2nd-generation Voyager-class ships such as Navigator OTS, other than the different location/number and balcony design (not enclosed in the ship superstructure).

I read that there is an Asian inspired restaurant called Jade. Is it a separate restaurant or part of the WJ? Is it a complementary dinning option?

It's just a section of the Windjammer buffet, not a separate venue.

RCI really needs to update their cabin pictures! Not only is this one pre-refurb, it's from yeas ago when they still had bedspreads as opposed to duvets!:eek:

Laura, I can't help with JS 1608 on the NOS specifically, but we did visit an accessible cabin on our Mariner cabin crawl last year. To the best of my recollection, it looked very much the same as a non-accessible cabin as far as furnishings except it was, of course, larger. The real differences I saw were in the bathroom and the closets. I remember your Oasis thread...I believe the HC cabin I saw on the Mariner had a couch. Sorry, I know you were looking for something more specific.

We are doing the pre & post cruise on our own. We have rented an apartment for 2 nights at a Tuscan villa which used to be a monastery and is a vineyard. Then we'll go back to Rome where we also rented an apartment for 2 nights. It is located right across from the Vatican. Then we will cruise for 8 nights with 7 port days & only 1 sea day and end up in Barcelona where we also rented an apartment for 2 nights.

Cindy.

Don't know if you have been to Barcelona before, but we started our 2009 trip on Voyager out of there and spent 3 nights pre-cruise. Depending on your plans, let me know if you want any dining or site-seeing info. Great city.

Thank you Carol. I have seen that picture as well, but was hoping to find real updated pictures of the accessible cabin. Not sure if that is just a standard JS or an accessible one.

We got burned really bad on our accessible cabin on Oasis, and I relly want to see real pictures of what we're getting before we go.

Try this link...there are some pictures of 1308 on the Mariner. 1608 on the Navigator should be the mirror image.

http://www.david-and-francesca.com/cruises/Cruise_2006.htm

Our cruise was a short 4 night post dry dock cruise (if you haven't gathered that already) and as such there was no "official" Meet & Mingle planned thru RCI. We did have a very active CC Roll Call thread where we've conversed over the last several months and planned some activities.

One of those activities was a Cabin Crawl in conjunction with a Poker Run which I organized. Everyone meet in the Star Lounge at 2pm on our first Sea Day (Thursday) to meet and say hello. For those who wanted to participate in the Poker Run, the cost was $10 which was paid in cash. Each person received a "Poker Sheet" which they took to each of 7 cabins as we toured. (We originally had 8 but one family had to debark before sailing due to a fall her mother had severed earlier in the day).

As we toured each cabin, the PR participants would draw a playing card and the cabin host would highlight the card they drew on their poker sheet. At the final cabin we awarded 80% of the pot to the high hand and 20% of the pot to the worst possible hand. We had 37 folks play so the winner received $296 cash for her full-house and the loser got $74 for his Ace, 2, 3, 5, 7. Everyone had a great time & we all enjoyed seeing the different type cabins.

One of the cabins that we toured was the Royal Family Suite on deck 9 aft. Thanks so much to Tammy, LaRhonda, Kathleen and Renee for sharing with us!

Here as some pics of the fabulous RFS:

Bedroom #1:

IMG_0520_zps3d1106e0.jpg

IMG_0517_zpsca33a847.jpg

There was also a huge wardrobe closet that I didn't get a picture of.

Bathroom #1 (with a tub):

IMG_0519_zps17fae6ae.jpg

Living Room (notice the entrance hall)

IMG_0524_zps436e5ee6.jpg

IMG_0527_zpsf652fceb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cindy.

Don't know if you have been to Barcelona before, but we started our 2009 trip on Voyager out of there and spent 3 nights pre-cruise. Depending on your plans, let me know if you want any dining or site-seeing info. Great city.

We have not been to Barcelona before. Our ship actually has an overnight there the last night. We've planned to do Montserrat on our own on Wednesday then back to the ship. Thursday we will debark, check in our apartment which is near Sagrada and just do some sightseeing. Friday we are planning to tour Sagrada with pre purchased tickets.

We started as 2 couples to celebrate our friends anniversary & it has now morphed to 16 of us! We will be looking for a place to do an all-inclusive tapas/wine dinner on Friday evening as a group before we all travel home. We have people coming from Texas, Indiana & Alabama (all related by marriage or family friends). If you know of some place that wouldn't be too awfully expensive, I'd appreciate a recommendation.

Also if there are any other must-eat places let me know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD