OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

Can anyone explain to me the logic behind removing all of the coffee tables? This is where I place my room service tray. Is it possible that there are new tables coming that have not yet arrived?

I'm so happy the dreaded coffee tables are gone... They are just in the way. I have kicked them... fallen over them... run into the end so many times. The first thing I don in the cabin is find someplace to push it... hide it... get it out of the way.

Your tray... put it on the desk... put it on the table on your balcony... put it on the end of the bed... You can move your little nightstand to the middle of the room and put it on there... But I, for one, hope they take them off every ship!!

:DDoing the happy dance... the coffee tables are gone!!!:D

When is your Mediterranean Cruise? How soon can you plan a trip like that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our cruise is 10/29/14-11/6/14. We booked our trip back in Oct 2012 about 2 years in advance! I always try to book as soon as the schedule is released because 1) the price is usually at it's lowest and tends to increase as time goes on and 2) so that we can get our choice of cabins.

We always book using a Next Cruise Certificate (which can be purchased onboard any cruise for $100) that covers one of our deposits and pay $100 for the second person when we decide on a date. The NCC also gives us $100 onboard credit for a 7 day cruise. More for longer cruises, less for shorter cruises. This also allows you to pay a total of $200 in deposits ($100 for the certificate & $100 at booking) instead of $250-$450 per person all at once.

After booking you have nothing due until final payment date... so you could put money away each payday in savings or I just pay pay every 2 weeks towards my cruise until it is paid off. I normally figure out how many pay days I have until my cruise and thats the amount that I pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What is a Solarium? Can anyone enter that area!

The Solarium is the Adults Only swimming/sunning area. You must be at least 16 to enter or use the area. It normally is a quite area with people using their headphones, reading or sunning.

What is a Solarium? Can anyone enter that area!

The Solarium is the adult swim area. Mainly lounge chairs to get sun and just relax. Children are not allowed in there. The pool is not large and not heated, mainly just a place to paddle around in to get wet. It is on deck 11 near the front.

I'm so happy the dreaded coffee tables are gone... They are just in the way. I have kicked them... fallen over them... run into the end so many times. The first thing I don in the cabin is find someplace to push it... hide it... get it out of the way.

Your tray... put it on the desk... put it on the table on your balcony... put it on the end of the bed... You can move your little nightstand to the middle of the room and put it on there... But I, for one, hope they take them off every ship!!

So Agree!! We immediately put the table out on the balcony. We use it for our breakfast tray out on the balcony. Then we have room for the 3 of us to move about!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you Both! Now one more silly question what cruise line is NCC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard of NCL which is Norweigen Cruise Lines. I've only seen NCC on these threads as Next Cruise Certificates which have actually changed names to Open Booking Certificate now.

Do you have to make a res for the Solarium? One ship I was on required reservations and they were very limited.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No, the Solarium is open 24/7 and any adult can use it at any time.

Kicked them, fallen over them, run into the end so many times? Maybe thou should drink less, lol.

I have a question that is cruise related but not about nos. my guess is the seasoned cruisers will know. I read/ saw somewhere on a thread here about a locking beach safe case. It holds room key id and a little cash and it's waterproof and looks like a combo lock on it. I should have written the name down but didn't and now I can't find it and I'm not a internet search pro so I get frustrated easily. Does anyone know what I am talking about and what it's called or even ideas on something to purchase that's not too expensive to hold this stuff? We are cave tubing and we need something. Thank you

Jamie

They sell nice ones on the ship for $5.

If you're looking to get one in advance I would recommend Witz cases, although those are a little smaller and more expensive than the ones on the ship (the ship ones can take dollar bills folded in half while the Witz cases need dollars to be folded in thirds).

So Agree!! We immediately put the table out on the balcony. We use it for our breakfast tray out on the balcony. Then we have room for the 3 of us to move about!

Hooray!!! My husband and I are thrilled!! We only used it to put junk on and then lost stuff we meant to keep. I for one am very happy!! Of course, I'm happy to be cruising regardless!! Only 12 more days until we are in Galveston!

Do you have to make a res for the Solarium? One ship I was on required reservations and they were very limited.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The solarium is not part of the spa, it is just a part of the pool area.

Well the two of us in our suite have never had a problem with the coffee tables. Maybe they should include the coffee tables for suite guests only.

Pile on! I can take it!

Well the two of us in our suite have never had a problem with the coffee tables. Maybe they should include the coffee tables for suite guests only.

Pile on! I can take it!

I will agree that the suites, even Junior Suites, have the room to have a table and still have room to get around.

I will also agree that a regular balcony room and inside cabins are a pretty tight squeeze with 2 people, much less 3 people and it does tend to be in the way.

I also don't think that you would have to be drinking to kick into it, stumble over it, etc. in the smaller rooms.

I will agree that the suites, even Junior Suites, have the room to have a table and still have room to get around.

I will also agree that a regular balcony room and inside cabins are a pretty tight squeeze with 2 people, much less 3 people and it does tend to be in the way.

I also don't think that you would have to be drinking to kick into it, stumble over it, etc. in the smaller rooms.

Love it! Are you running for office? That was the consummate pc answer.

Really enjoying your pictures! Hope you have more!

Love it! Are you running for office? That was the consummate pc answer.

Really enjoying your pictures! Hope you have more!

Nope, not running for office :)

I've just stayed in a regular balcony cabin & a junior suite so I can see both of your points of view. I've never stubbed my toe but have had to walk around it plenty and move it a few times to get to the couch.

Maybe more people were asking for them to be removed, or they keep finding them on balconies? I'm not sure what the answer would be.

I'm glad that you are enjoying the pics. I still have about as many more as I've posted but having problems getting them uploaded so that I can post them.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be tonight.

They sell nice ones on the ship for $5.

If you're looking to get one in advance I would recommend Witz cases, although those are a little smaller and more expensive than the ones on the ship (the ship ones can take dollar bills folded in half while the Witz cases need dollars to be folded in thirds).

Are they waterproof and lock ?

Thank you

Jamie

Nope, not running for office :)

I've just stayed in a regular balcony cabin & a junior suite so I can see both of your points of view. I've never stubbed my toe but have had to walk around it plenty and move it a few times to get to the couch.

Maybe more people were asking for them to be removed, or they keep finding them on balconies? I'm not sure what the answer would be.

I'm glad that you are enjoying the pics. I still have about as many more as I've posted but having problems getting them uploaded so that I can post them.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be tonight.

Just trying to keep it light hearted. I do think that removing the coffee tables from the suites is over kill.

Thanks for the pictures.

I don't understand how people are complaining about the coffee tables

I am one that appreciates the coffee table

Great place to put room service so we can eat

So now we have to eat at a desk:confused:

BTW... Im enjoying the review and photos

Thank You for taking time to do this

Edited by jonbgd

Are they waterproof and lock ?

Thank you

Jamie

Both the ones on the ship and the witz cases are waterproof and have a latch to hold them shut (but not a key or combination lock). The idea is that you keep it around your neck so it doesn't need a lock (and someone that wanted to steal it could just put it in their pocket to cut open later, so a lock wouldn't do much good).

Thanks everyone for following along. I have a few more pictures to post tonight... if they ever get uploaded. Unfortunately we have satellite internet living out of town and sometimes it is painfully slow :(

I'm hoping to post the rest of DAY 1 pictures tonight which is what I've posted so far.

I still have lots more pictures to upload and then I still have the Cruise Compasses and various sheets of information they pass out.

I also have all the restaurant menus which I will post.

Thanks for being patient.

I think you're doing a fabulous job posting your report as quickly as you have! :)