OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

Useful Information:

UsefulInformation_zps44bbe113.jpg

Ok, I guess that is it for now. I have a few more pictures to post at lunch of a few of the Main Dining Room menus and the Starbucks price list.

Then I think I will finally be done sharing all the information and pictures that I have.

I'm happy to answer any questions that I can and if I don't know the answer, someone else will be happy to answer for you!

Did you take any pictures of the forward deck area on 12 where the new cabins were installed?

You can not get into the area where the new cabins on deck 12 are yet. Ready for passengers on 2/23. There are still workers in this area. Rooms are not complete

Useful Information:

Ok, I guess that is it for now. I have a few more pictures to post at lunch of a few of the Main Dining Room menus and the Starbucks price list.

Then I think I will finally be done sharing all the information and pictures that I have.

I'm happy to answer any questions that I can and if I don't know the answer, someone else will be happy to answer for you!

Thanks Cindy for all the information. What drew me to your original thread was that my wife and I sailed on NoS out of NOLA last March. I was curious what all the changes were. You were very thorough and I appreciate your efforts on behalf all of us Cruise Nuts. I was having withdrawal yesterday when the web site was down. LOL. :D

Thanks Cindy for all the information. What drew me to your original thread was that my wife and I sailed on NoS out of NOLA last March. I was curious what all the changes were. You were very thorough and I appreciate your efforts on behalf all of us Cruise Nuts. I was having withdrawal yesterday when the web site was down. LOL. :D

Thanks for following along & taking time to post. It is time consuming to upload & post all the information... Makes it worthwhile when people respond that the information or pics have helped them. :)

Happy Sails!

Useful Information:

Thanks so much, Cindy. You have done an amazing job. I know that I appreciate all your efforts and hard work. I have your thread on Alaska bookmarked as that may be next year's cruise.

Anyone on future 7-day sailings would love to see the Compasses on those before March 30. I'm an anal planner and I live to see the schedule ahead of time. I don't want to miss a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Another excellent review Cindy. You are so thorough. And your pictures are amazing. Thanks for doing this. I know I will never get to go on all the different ships, so the reviews you and others do allow me to at least see them through others eyes. Thanks again. Will keep an eye out for your next one. ;)

Gwen :)

Thanks so much, Cindy. You have done an amazing job. I know that I appreciate all your efforts and hard work. I have your thread on Alaska bookmarked as that may be next year's cruise.

Anyone on future 7-day sailings would love to see the Compasses on those before March 30. I'm an anal planner and I live to see the schedule ahead of time. I don't want to miss a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks Jan! Appreciate your kind words. That Alaska review will keep you busy read for a long while! Just remember to start planning early for Alaska, its way different than planning for a Caribbean cruise.

If you have any questions about Alaska just post them on my review & I will get a notice that way I will see it.

Happy Sails!

Another excellent review Cindy. You are so thorough. And your pictures are amazing. Thanks for doing this. I know I will never get to go on all the different ships, so the reviews you and others do allow me to at least see them through others eyes. Thanks again. Will keep an eye out for your next one. ;)

Gwen :)

Gwen,

Thanks so much for the compliments! They are much appreciated :)

I will probably return to a full out review along the lines of my Canada/New England and Alaska style reports for Europe. This cruise was just for fun (no excursions & no plans) so there really wasn't much to report other than the new pics of the ship after dry dock!

Thanks for following along on my adventures. We'll be on Serenade next (first time on her but 3rd Radiance class ship). Possibly looking at a B2B out of San Juan on Jewel next year but have to wait for the schedules to come out.

Sea Ya!

Cindy

Great job Cindy :)

A question for everyone on this sailing, does the new IT setup now recognise Android devices, for example the Nexus7 ?

On the pre-refurb Vision last April I couldn't log in at all, even the IT guy couldn't do it, blamed the "old" system on board.

Question on the "next cruise" certificates - on Carnival you would put $100 down to reserve, then when it came to booking you would get $100 off the price PLUS the $100 on board credit, thus effectively turning your $100 down payment into $200 of benefits. Is that how it works on Royal too? The way I read the certificate posted here, it looks like the $100 booking discount isn't there, so I would essentially break even on a 6-9 night cruise by paying $100 for the certificate and then getting it back in obc?

Question on the "next cruise" certificates - on Carnival you would put $100 down to reserve, then when it came to booking you would get $100 off the price PLUS the $100 on board credit, thus effectively turning your $100 down payment into $200 of benefits. Is that how it works on Royal too? The way I read the certificate posted here, it looks like the $100 booking discount isn't there, so I would essentially break even on a 6-9 night cruise by paying $100 for the certificate and then getting it back in obc?

The $100 you pay for the certificate goes towards the price of the cruise you eventually choose, so that part is a wash. You also get $100 in on board credit for a 7 day cruise. So you get $100 in benefit from buying the Royal Next Cruise certificate for a 7 day cruise.

Edited by clarea