OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

Hello! I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post. Sorry if it is not.

We are signed up for M&M and ready to get to some warm weather. Anyway, we are using the same tour guide we used the last time we visited Falmouth via FOS. We are thinking of a scenic drive through the country and then onto Appleton Rum Factory. Since it's just DH and I, we were wondering if anyone else would like to join us...to get the per person cost down.

Then in Grand Cayman - any one have ideas on what beaches to hang out?[/

Are you on the RC Navigator this Sunday 3/2? If so come over to our Roll Call and post this. I was wondering how long your tour will be?

Hello! I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post. Sorry if it is not.

We are signed up for M&M and ready to get to some warm weather. Anyway, we are using the same tour guide we used the last time we visited Falmouth via FOS. We are thinking of a scenic drive through the country and then onto Appleton Rum Factory. Since it's just DH and I, we were wondering if anyone else would like to join us...to get the per person cost down.

Then in Grand Cayman - any one have ideas on what beaches to hang out?[/

Are you on the RC Navigator this Sunday 3/2? If so come over to our Roll Call and post this. I was wondering how long your tour will be?

Will do! Silly me I thought I was on the Roll Call forum!!! LOL Thank you!!!

Any idea how long his [Phil Anderson, Schooner Bar] vacation is? Hoping he's back for our cruise in August.

Phil said he is negotiating with RCI about doing the summer run. Normally he would not have returned until the TA, but of course there is no TA this time.

Was just perusing the before/after deck plans on the first page (thanks, OP!) and if I counted correctly, there are about 80 new cabins. That translates to at least 160 additional passengers, not counting 3/4 in some cabins. I don't think they added any lifeboat capacity, did they? Isn't there some kind of limit of how many passengers they're allowed to embark, based on lifeboat capacity?

The large foot rest works well. We covered it with a towel and put the room service tray on it. Brought in the small table from the balcony for the drinks. For us it was better than the coffee table ;) Because there are no flowers on the C&A gift list the coffee table has lost its appeal.

Good thinking! Thank you for this idea!!!

Was just perusing the before/after deck plans on the first page (thanks, OP!) and if I counted correctly, there are about 80 new cabins. That translates to at least 160 additional passengers, not counting 3/4 in some cabins. I don't think they added any lifeboat capacity, did they? Isn't there some kind of limit of how many passengers they're allowed to embark, based on lifeboat capacity?

Lifeboats are not needed. The ship is unsinkable. :rolleyes:

OK...For real...I think they had more lifeboats than passengers before the upgrade, but good question.

What I wonder is: More cabins, more passengers, less public space (removing the Dungeon disco and some of the areas on deck 14). Is the ship more crowded?

Edited by Jimnbigd

Lifeboats are not needed. The ship is unsinkable. :rolleyes:

OK...For real...I think they had more lifeboats than passengers before the upgrade, but good question.

What I wonder is: More cabins, more passengers, less public space (removing the Dungeon disco and some of the areas on deck 14). Is the ship more crowded?

Well, that crossed my mind too. Seems the answer HAS to be "yes" with the only unsure part being how much and how noticeable.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Hi you two. Which one of you is related? I spoke with Ron and Barbara last night, and they told me of their wonderful time. They very much missed the coffee table in their JS, glad to hear that they will be coming back, some time.:)

Rick

My mother's maiden name is the same as Ron's last name. Sure hope we can get them to go on the Navigator with us in the future. You and Bobbie should join us. Carla

Cindy, do you remember if there was anything going on at 11:00 am on the first sea day in the Star Lounge? We are planning our informal meet & mingle for May. Unfortunately I was nowhere near the Star Lounge at that time and didn't pay enough attention to the Cruise Compasses.

Cindy, do you remember if there was anything going on at 11:00 am on the first sea day in the Star Lounge? We are planning our informal meet & mingle for May. Unfortunately I was nowhere near the Star Lounge at that time and didn't pay enough attention to the Cruise Compasses.

I looked at my Compass for day 2 it shows at 9;00am there was a scrapbooking class, then at 11:30 belly dancing & 1:00 open play nintendo.

We met at 2:30 and there was something going on in the middle section with a large group of people, maybe a group sailing or something. They were using the stage and had a band.

We just met over to the side in front of the bar area in those seats and were there about 30 minutes, they didn't bother us & we didn't bother them.

Hope this helps,

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I looked at my Compass for day 2 it shows at 9;00am there was a scrapbooking class, then at 11:30 belly dancing & 1:00 open play nintendo.

We met at 2:30 and there was something going on in the middle section with a large group of people, maybe a group sailing or something. They were using the stage and had a band.

We just met over to the side in front of the bar area in those seats and were there about 30 minutes, they didn't bother us & we didn't bother them.

Hope this helps,

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, this helps a great deal. Thank you!!

That is very near the actual M&M time scheduled by RCI. It will likely happen in the VCL. Enjoy :)

I can't think it would be any worse than Enchantment with its stretch (151 new staterooms) plus the added cabins around the centrum (16 staterooms).

I can't think it would be any worse than Enchantment with its stretch (151 new staterooms) plus the added cabins around the centrum (16 staterooms).

Oh, I think it could and likely is worse than that. When you stretch a ship, you ADD quite a bit of additional public space, in addition to adding staterooms. Also potentially add lifeboats on the exterior of the new stretch piece.

In the case of Navigator, they added about 80 new staterooms and did it by SUBTRACTING public space, and didn't add any lifeboats either.

"International Maritime Organization (IMO) Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) requires the ship to have 25% extra life craft capacity for the maximum capacity of the passengers and crew". Now, this doesn't mean they'all all be the nice big lifeboats we see on each side though. Women and children 1st!!!! :eek:

Edited by angogl

I saw a lot of the white drums with the inflatable life rafts on the ship deck when I was walking around taking pics. I think I even posted one earlier in the review where they were practicing a safety drill while we were onshore in Cozumel.

Notice the white pods or barrels in this photo - they are all full of life rafts and are all over the muster station decks:

and this is during the safety drill they were doing while we were onshore in Cozumel:

Thanks Cindy - it would obviously be easier to add more "white pods" than to add more of the large orange lifeboats during a drydock refurb, so that's a good guess on how they handled the additional occupancy from the ~80 new cabins.

Guess we'll have to watch reviews over time to get more of a feeling for if they made it feel more "crowded" since all the new staterooms were basically made by taking away from public spaces.

Deck 12 cabins were open deck area. From the pictures, it looks like they made new open deck on top of the cabins. If true, no public space removed and more enclosed space (tonnage) added.

But true, current public spaces not expanded and the lower deck changes took away public space.

Will be on the ship in a few weeks. Spring break cruise, so probably not the best trip to decide if it feels more crowded.

That is very near the actual M&M time scheduled by RCI. It will likely happen in the VCL. Enjoy :)

Hi Pete!

Unfortunately, this is a six day cruise so no formal M&M provided. I do like the Cosmopolitan Club/vCL though so if the Star Lounge is booked I'll suggest it. Beautiful views!

Thanks!!!

Hi Pete!

Unfortunately, this is a six day cruise so no formal M&M provided. I do like the Cosmopolitan Club/vCL though so if the Star Lounge is booked I'll suggest it. Beautiful views!

Thanks!!!

Sorry, I knew there was a 6 night buried in the schedule but didn't click for your post. Anyway, if you check with the Group Coordinator at Guest Services when you board she will tell you which places are booked. Enjoy :)

Sorry, I knew there was a 6 night buried in the schedule but didn't click for your post. Anyway, if you check with the Group Coordinator at Guest Services when you board she will tell you which places are booked. Enjoy :)

I didn't know there was a group coordinator. That is super helpful.Thank you very much!!!

Have been following this post since it's inception - and thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks all. Now I have a question - DH and I are booked in stateroom 7238 in March - the deck plan shows a gap between 7238 and 7240 starboard side and 7538 and 7540 port side (same gaps show on decks 6 and 8) - does anyone know what that is?

Edited by Jessejo

Have been following this post since it's inception - and thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks all. Now I have a question - DH and I are booked in stateroom 7238 in March - the deck plan shows a gap between 7238 and 7240 starboard side and 7538 and 7540 port side (same gaps show on decks 6 and 8) - does anyone know what that is?

Service elevator maybe? Not sure but just guessing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk