OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

Have been following this post since it's inception - and thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks all. Now I have a question - DH and I are booked in stateroom 7238 in March - the deck plan shows a gap between 7238 and 7240 starboard side and 7538 and 7540 port side (same gaps show on decks 6 and 8) - does anyone know what that is?

That's probably just a firewall.

That's why I'm here. I HOPE it's the shakedown cruise blues. For everyone's sake. I have no other cruises to compare it to. This was my first.

There was a booking snafu as well that I didn't relate the details of. Basically I didn't get the cabin class I paid for, was denied a refund of the difference, and wasn't offered a change of cabins until halfway through the cruise.

The mechanical issues are shakedown issues. The service issues are I hope just staffing and training issues. The booking side of things is a corporate issue.

All rolled together it doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth when my friends who just returned on the Carnival Magic from a 7-day cruise paid less than I did and had none of the issues.

They're going to give me a credit toward future cruise certificate, and I'll probably end up using it because I'm a cheapskate, and 20% is significant. But it will not be without apprehension.

Sounds like you hit the vortex of issues. Sorry this cruise did not end up being a great one. Take the 20% and just walk into it with eyes wide open and you will have fun. I had a terrible cruise a few years ago but convinced myself to let it go for the next one. I am back to being a cruise addict again. All is well. You will be just fine. Happy cruising

Have been following this post since it's inception - and thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks all. Now I have a question - DH and I are booked in stateroom 7238 in March - the deck plan shows a gap between 7238 and 7240 starboard side and 7538 and 7540 port side (same gaps show on decks 6 and 8) - does anyone know what that is?

Hey Jessejo- I'm in 7240 on 5/18 sailing. Hadn't even noticed the gap!

Hey Jessejo- I'm in 7240 on 5/18 sailing. Hadn't even noticed the gap!

As others have suggested - I hope it's just a fire wall. I'll post back here after our cruise 3/30 if I can find out for sure. Thanks to the others who have answered my question :)

Viewing the deck plan changes that have taken place since dry dock, I see that the Dungeon has been replaced with staterooms. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already or not, but where do people go now for the nightclub atmosphere? Is there a place that has a dj and a dance floor, or is the only choice to visit a bar?

Viewing the deck plan changes that have taken place since dry dock, I see that the Dungeon has been replaced with staterooms. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already or not, but where do people go now for the nightclub atmosphere? Is there a place that has a dj and a dance floor, or is the only choice to visit a bar?

I believe that the nightclub venue has been moved to Viking Crown.

I believe that the nightclub venue has been moved to Viking Crown.

You are correct! The nightclub is now in the Cosmopolitan Club (same general are as the the VC used to be). The one night I visited it was very crowded and people appeared to be having a good time

Hoping some of you Navigator experts can help me. Does staying in a Junior Suite allow priority tendering? My NOS cruise doesn't get into Grand Cayman until 10:30. I am trying to figure out if I can make an 11:30 scuba dive at a shop about 1/2 mile from cruise terminal.

Since I am in a JS and am wondering if I will get priority tendering. I know RCI web site says GS and above only get priority tender tickets. It also states that only GS and above have priority boarding which I know is not true because other JS's I stayed in I was put the priority boarding area (not expected but was nice). Thank you in advance for your help.

Hoping some of you Navigator experts can help me. Does staying in a Junior Suite allow priority tendering? My NOS cruise doesn't get into Grand Cayman until 10:30. I am trying to figure out if I can make an 11:30 scuba dive at a shop about 1/2 mile from cruise terminal.

Since I am in a JS and am wondering if I will get priority tendering. I know RCI web site says GS and above only get priority tender tickets. It also states that only GS and above have priority boarding which I know is not true because other JS's I stayed in I was put the priority boarding area (not expected but was nice). Thank you in advance for your help.

Just GS and above get priority tending. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Cindy (OP)-

Sure hope that you're still checking this fantastic thread periodically! My question may sound silly to those who are true "techies". I would like to know whether I can see your photos apart from the thread comments. Is there a way to do that, OR, do you have your pictures housed in a separate location (like Photobucket, or similar)?

I would like my family to see the pics without having to go through the comments. If not, no problem...we can work around it! :cool:

On our cruise 2 weeks ago, they handed out tender tickets in the Star Lounge. I would line up for tickets early - it is first come first serve. Suggest you be there around ship arrival time or before. Do not line up on the staircase or near the tender area - you won't get on without a ticket.

Edited by golfpccc

Hey Cindy (OP)-

Sure hope that you're still checking this fantastic thread periodically! My question may sound silly to those who are true "techies". I would like to know whether I can see your photos apart from the thread comments. Is there a way to do that, OR, do you have your pictures housed in a separate location (like Photobucket, or similar)?

I would like my family to see the pics without having to go through the comments. If not, no problem...we can work around it! :cool:

Yes, I'm still here;)

My photos are housed at Photobucket. I believe if you tap on the picture you can click on "follow the link" and it should take you to the Navigator of the Seas 2014 folder that has all the pix that are in this review. There is a second folder that says 2014 Navigator Forms which is all the scanned documents.

If that doesn't work just lest me know & I can email you the link.

Cindy

On our cruise 2 weeks ago, they handed out tender tickets in the Star Lounge. I would line up for tickets early - it is first come first serve. Suggest you be there around ship arrival time or before. Do not line up on the staircase or near the tender area - you won't get on without a ticket.

I have never had to get a ticket to tender, have just went to where the line is and waited my turn. Been a few years since I have cruised though, is this fleet wide? How did you know to go to the lounge for tickets, was it in the Cruise Compass? Thank you so much for this info!

Edited by Loves_Dogs

Tendered at Belize on Navigator last week and at Cayman on Mariner last year. No tickets involved or mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

so how long did it take you to get ashore from getting in the line to depart the ship?

michael

Tendered at Belize on Navigator last week and at Cayman on Mariner last year. No tickets involved or mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our last cruise was last fall on Celebrity Solstice, and we had to get tender tickets (and we were Elite status and in Concierge Class). I don't recall ever having to acquire tender tickets on Royal. I hope that is NOT the case; and I don't think it will be.