Liberty vs Sunshine-Need Input

KrystalWaters

Ok Gang I know I maybe asking for much but I've been out of the cruise game for a minute.:p

Our last cruise was in 2012 on the Dream. Loved the flow of the ship but did not like the stage shows, horrible singers, nor the constant trivia. Love trivia but not everyday(sigh).

Love leaving out of port canaveral so I narrowed it down to the Sunshine and the Liberty. It will be our 10yr wedding anniversary. We are in our early/mid 30s. We are going in June. It's the Liberty Western(Cozumel,Belize, Mahogany Bay, and Costa Maya). Love this since we want to do the ruins. Or Sunshine Eastern(Nassau, St.Thomas,San Juan, and Grand Turk). We love this one because you are in San Juan from 8-4. Almost unheard of :D

Never did the 2.0 upgrades(very important to us) so I'm wondering which ship had the best stage shows or better crew? Or should we shuck it up and fly into Miami to board the Glory($$ is cheaper)

Which one is your fav out of the 2 or 3 if I throw in the Glory:p?

Thanks,

KrystalWaters

Hi KrystalWaters,

I have been on the Glory and the Liberty several times. I must say that the Glory is my favorite ship. There is something about it that I find quite special. I have never gone on the Glory for any special occasions so there is no emotional attachment to the ship but I've never had any issues. The last two times I have been on the Liberty I found the crew not very engaging and in some cases down right rude.

Good luck and safe travels. Congrats on the 10 year anniversary!

Russ

Hi KrystalWaters,

I have been on the Glory and the Liberty several times. I must say that the Glory is my favorite ship. There is something about it that I find quite special. I have never gone on the Glory for any special occasions so there is no emotional attachment to the ship but I've never had any issues. The last two times I have been on the Liberty I found the crew not very engaging and in some cases down right rude.

Good luck and safe travels. Congrats on the 10 year anniversary!

Russ

Thank you for the input! After 135 views i was getting worried i wouldn't get a response.:D

Was leaning towards sucking up and going on the Glory. For sentimental reasons. My mom's first name is Glory :p

But the Sunshine was too tempting not to look into. Aaaah decisions decisions decisions....Sunshine, Liberty or Glory..... A tough problem to have:eek:;)

Thank you for the input! After 135 views i was getting worried i wouldn't get a response.:D

Was leaning towards sucking up and going on the Glory. For sentimental reasons. My mom's first name is Glory :p

But the Sunshine was too tempting not to look into. Aaaah decisions decisions decisions....Sunshine, Liberty or Glory..... A tough problem to have:eek:;)

Too many negative comments on the Sunshine right now. We loved the Glory and have seen many good comments on the Liberty (which we have booked in Nov).

I would def choose between the Glory or Liberty!!!

We just got off the Sunshine on 2/2 that went to Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel. Loved Mahogany Bay ( we rented a cabana - it was wonderful). We did not get off the ship in Belize. Cozumel was fun.

We had been on the Liberty in May 2013 ( with the same itinerary the Sunshine trip you are looking into). The Liberty was docked at Mahogany Bay when we were there. My husband said it was taunting us.

We really enjoyed the Liberty. So for us, with that itinerary and the Liberty it would be a no brainer. Although the Sunshine was nice and the trip was a blast since our 25 yr old daughter was on her first cruise with us and we were celebrating my hubby's 50th B-day, we just did not seem to like it as well as the Liberty. Good Luck on your decision.

I've been on both Glory and Liberty. Both were great. I saw no difference. Sunshine is coming up in May.

All I can say about the Sunshine itinerary is that don't let Nassau weigh your decision. Nassau can be pleasant enough. But you aren't missing anything if you don't go there.

Thanks gang!

Just saw the Liberty is doing the Curaçao, Aruba, and Grand Turk(8day). I think that sealed the deal. So unless the price jumps up by the end of the month we should be golden. If not I think it's the Glory as a back up. Ugh I hate going through Miami..TORTURE!:D:p

Ok Gang I know I maybe asking for much but I've been out of the cruise game for a minute.:p

Our last cruise was in 2012 on the Dream. Loved the flow of the ship but did not like the stage shows, horrible singers, nor the constant trivia. Love trivia but not everyday(sigh).

Love leaving out of port canaveral so I narrowed it down to the Sunshine and the Liberty. It will be our 10yr wedding anniversary. We are in our early/mid 30s. We are going in June. It's the Liberty Western(Cozumel,Belize, Mahogany Bay, and Costa Maya). Love this since we want to do the ruins. Or Sunshine Eastern(Nassau, St.Thomas,San Juan, and Grand Turk). We love this one because you are in San Juan from 8-4. Almost unheard of :D

Never did the 2.0 upgrades(very important to us) so I'm wondering which ship had the best stage shows or better crew? Or should we shuck it up and fly into Miami to board the Glory($$ is cheaper)

Which one is your fav out of the 2 or 3 if I throw in the Glory:p?

Thanks,

KrystalWaters

I would opt for the Liberty, it's a clean, well maintained ship. You like the itinerary, and you can do an all day CCL tour to Tulum from Coz, and/or a trip to Xanantunich from Belize (better than Altun Ha, IMO). Tabyana Beach in Roatan is one of my favorite beaches in the Carib.

We were just on sunshine in jan and on liberty last may. For us it would definately be the liberty. While we loved our room on the sunshine there was just too many people for the public spaces. We enjoy adult only areas and the serenity area was beautiful on sunshine just never any room. And like hot tubs but only 3 on entire ship! 2 taken by the kids and 1 in serenity. We loved the aft pool and hot tubs on liberty and toilets work!