Atm in southampton

RASHOPPER2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if there is an ATM in the Southampton cruise terminal. We will be there on a B2B in April and would like to get pounds there to pay our British driver.

You should be able to get some on the ship before you get off. On all of our TA's we were able to exchange dollars for Pounds or EU readily onboard and without a separate fee for changing a small amount, just whatever their exchange rate was on the day. I usually bring on several hundred US and keep it in the safe so I can exchange as needed. Just remember nobody wants coins, save them to give to the aircrew on your way home goes to their charity. Not a lot from any one passenger, but it all adds up over time.

I haven't seen an ATM in the 2 different terminals I've been to in Southampton but according to Google Maps, there's one a short walk from the Ocean terminal at:

13-15 Queensway

Southampton, Hampshire SO14 3BL, United Kingdom

If you decide to use the ship's exchange rate, be aware of what a good rate is. IME, the rate varies greatly - in the Med. it was good, but in the UK, it wasn't.

I haven't seen an ATM in the 2 different terminals I've been to in Southampton but according to Google Maps, there's one a short walk from the Ocean terminal at:

13-15 Queensway

Southampton, Hampshire SO14 3BL, United Kingdom

If you decide to use the ship's exchange rate, be aware of what a good rate is. IME, the rate varies greatly - in the Med. it was good, but in the UK, it wasn't.

Thank you - the walk sounds like a plan.

There are no ATM's in the Southampton cruise terminals but if you check out this web site http://www.cruisesouthampton.com it will give you some useful information including the location of the nearest ATM.

As regards coins both in Stirling and Euros there are some higher denomination coins, for example £1 & £2 which at current rates are $1.5 & $3 so a few of them can soon add up. Always useful for small purchases, fares and tips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if there is an ATM in the Southampton cruise terminal. We will be there on a B2B in April and would like to get pounds there to pay our British driver.

Ruthanne, where are you coming from? Are you arriving Heathrow and going straight to the ship? I would buy at airport terminal ATM. After you claim your luggage. There is nothing at the terminal Princess uses in SOU.

Ruthanne, where are you coming from? Are you arriving Heathrow and going straight to the ship? I would buy at airport terminal ATM. After you claim your luggage. There is nothing at the terminal Princess uses in SOU.

We are doing the B2B on the Emerald so our turnaround day will be at the cruise terminal. No Heathrow until the end of the trip. Unfortunately that won't work for us, but thanks anyhow.

Ask your driver to stop at an ATM. There are several at convenient places. I'm sure they will be happy to oblige.

We are doing the B2B on the Emerald so our turnaround day will be at the cruise terminal. No Heathrow until the end of the trip. Unfortunately that won't work for us, but thanks anyhow.

OK. Now I know what you're doing. If you don't have major plans for turnaround day, you can go over to the big mall which is just about outside the port. We stay at a hotel adjacent to the port, but last time there they would not let us walk in. Maybe it's different on turnaround day. Anyhow, if you feel like walking, there is an exit and it shouldn't be difficult w/o luggage. Just a bit convoluted. Then you can take a taxi back if you need to do so. Nice area to spend a few hours. There's also a pedestrian area at back of mall and lots of boutiquey stores, kiosks, restaurants, fast food, etc. Also a Walmart store which has another name.

OK. Now I know what you're doing. If you don't have major plans for turnaround day, you can go over to the big mall which is just about outside the port. We stay at a hotel adjacent to the port, but last time there they would not let us walk in. Maybe it's different on turnaround day. Anyhow, if you feel like walking, there is an exit and it shouldn't be difficult w/o luggage. Just a bit convoluted. Then you can take a taxi back if you need to do so. Nice area to spend a few hours. There's also a pedestrian area at back of mall and lots of boutiquey stores, kiosks, restaurants, fast food, etc. Also a Walmart store which has another name.

The Mall is called West Quay ( pronounced key). There are quite a few ATMs there. The department store Marks and Spencer's normally does good exchange rates. The Walmart store is called ASDA. Which terminal are you docking at? If it's the Mayflower then there is one at the Tesco near there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Princess uses more than one terminal in Southampton and there are now 5 terminals, so you really need to know which one you're coming into.

The Ocean Terminal is where I came in & left from on the CB last time but it can even change at the last minute like it did for my cruise before that.

Princess uses more than one terminal in Southampton and there are now 5 terminals

Still only 4 terminals. mayflower, City, Ocean and QE2. Looks like Emerald will use all 4 at some point this year.

Edited by MattyBarlow

You forgot 104 Cruise Terminal Western Docks:

http://abparking.co.uk/directions/104

104 is the dock number. It's next to 101 which are both served by the City cruise Terminal. 104 dock is generally used when there is more than 4 cruise ships in. Ocean is 38/9, mayflower is 106 and I forget what the QE2 is.

Oops - I meant this one:

New Fifth Cruise Terminal - Southampton (Opening 2013)

New Fifth Cruise Terminal Southampton

Fifth Cruise Terminal, Berth 10, Herbert Walker Avenue, Western Docks, Southampton, SO15 1HJ

The cruise industry has seen remarkable growth over the last ten years, driven by the increase in demand for cruise holidays starting and ending in the UK. As a direct result of this increase, ABP has, in recent years, invested over £41m in its cruise facilities, which has enabled the port to provide world class facilities which can cater for all sizes of cruise ships. The new terminal will be designed to accommodate the largest cruise vessels afloat and will be the result of a further £30m investment by ABP. It will be located in the Western Docks between the Mayflower and City terminals, currently known as berth 104.

Are you including the new 5th Terminal in your count?

RuthAnn, I thought we were on the same cruise again :) but we aren't, we will be on the Ruby TA. We will be disembarking in Southampton also, in May.

We had trouble deciding between the two, but chose the Emerald because of the ports. Have fun on the Ruby. It is a great ship.

Ruth-Ann

Really? It said it was due to be completed in 2013. LOL Guess things move slowly there just like in the US. Thanks for the information. ;)

They are changing the road infrastructure currently as when there are 3 or more ships docked the roads are packed. They may sort that out then build the new terminal.