Princess Secrets 2014!!!

lw4484

How we always were told to remember which side was Port is that the words port and left both have 4 letters!

I heard this story years ago about a Captain, who it seems had a small locked draw in the bridge.

On day a junior officer found the draw unlocked, inside was a single piece of paper, which read, 'Port Left, Starboard Right!'

john

I loved going up on top of the bridge but on my last 2 cruises that area was closed for the entire cruise. In port or out, windy day or calm. One day even one of the ships photographers was surprised to find that area closed off. I'll try getting up there once again on my next cruise. Hopefully this time it will be open!

We were just on the Ruby and tried to go out on top of the bridge but the door was locked. We spotted an officer around the pool and asked him about it. He told us that Princess has decided it is too dangerous to allow passengers up there and they have stopped it on all ships. I don't know if this is true. Has anyone been on top if the bridge lately?

We were just on the Ruby and tried to go out on top of the bridge but the door was locked. We spotted an officer around the pool and asked him about it. He told us that Princess has decided it is too dangerous to allow passengers up there and they have stopped it on all ships. I don't know if this is true. Has anyone been on top if the bridge lately?

Cruising has changed so much from the days when I would lean over the bow and watch the ship cut through the waves. <sigh>

The area that serves Pizza outside on deck also turns into a waffle bar in the morning on some ships.

I had great hot waffles from a waffle maker with berries and cream and

I didn't even have to enter the Horizon court... very relaxing.

Edited by Jadn13

Don't think you would want to drink distilled water. we had a dehumidifier which creates distilled water and I remember tasting it as a child.....euck....

Sorry but that was not distilled water.

That water was nasty condensate no wonder it tasted bad.:eek:

Mike:)

...told us that Princess has decided it is too dangerous to allow passengers up there and they have stopped it on all ships. I don't know if this is true. Has anyone been on top if the bridge lately?

December, Caribbean Princess - officer giving the Bridge Tour said on their ship they close access to the Monkey Bridge at night and when winds are high. I found it open several times while at sea and at anchor (Belize).

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

December, Caribbean Princess - officer giving the Bridge Tour said on their ship they close access to the Monkey Bridge at night and when winds are high. I found it open several times while at sea and at anchor (Belize).

On Emerald, I was told by the PSD, that it was closed forever,

because some pax had fooled with the electronics there.

On Emerald, I was told by the PSD, that it was closed forever,

because some pax had fooled with the electronics there.

What a shame! Hope that passenger was severely disciplined for that moronic act! The least of which would be ejection, and billed for damages, or perhaps arrested for interfering with SOLAS.....:mad:

Too bad one idiot has to ruin it for everyone...Perhaps Princess could modify the location to make it "fool-proof", and open to the public again...:confused:

What a shame! Hope that passenger was severely disciplined for that moronic act! The least of which would be ejection, and billed for damages, or perhaps arrested for interfering with SOLAS.....:mad:

Too bad one idiot has to ruin it for everyone...Perhaps Princess could modify the location to make it "fool-proof", and open to the public again...:confused:

It's a shame that everyone has to suffer for the actions of one or a few.

[Princess does still have a limited number of bridge tours.

We received an invitation to take one.

LuLu

~~~ [/size][/font]

I have heard that recently they only allow bridge tours when the ship is tied up in port. No more touring while the ship is sailing. Is/was your tour in port or when at sea?

We have had some wonderful tours at sea, and though it is interesting in port, nothing beats actually being under way.

[Princess does still have a limited number of bridge tours.

We received an invitation to take one.

LuLu

~~~ [/size][/font]

I have heard that recently they only allow bridge tours when the ship is tied up in port. No more touring while the ship is sailing. Is/was your tour in port or when at sea?

We have had some wonderful tours at sea, and though it is interesting in port, nothing beats actually being under way.

Our invitation was for an "At Sea" day so the ship was actually sailing.

LuLu

~~~~

OK, not a secret but a question. Sorry if this isn't the place for this, sure wish they would fix the search function!!!

Saw where there are clam shells on Princess Cay?? Can anyone tell me where they are located, or if you set them up where you want them?? We would like to get away from the crowds and also have a couple of us that want the clam shell and others that want sun. Will we be able to stay together or do they stay in one spot??

Thanks in advance

OK, not a secret but a question. Sorry if this isn't the place for this, sure wish they would fix the search function!!!

Saw where there are clam shells on Princess Cay?? Can anyone tell me where they are located, or if you set them up where you want them?? We would like to get away from the crowds and also have a couple of us that want the clam shell and others that want sun. Will we be able to stay together or do they stay in one spot??

Thanks in advance

waterbugohio,

You can reserve a clam shell through the 'MY PRINCESS' excursion area on PCL website within your booking area. As for sitting together....get at the beach early because they are first-come first served to pick the ones you want...nearer to the water, if you want to have several together. The PCL staff will have them all set up. When you get off the tender...you will see them down the beach toward the right. Hope you enjoy Princess Cay.

Edited by monakayk

Well, here's my 2 cents. After reading these tips, we tried them in Jan on Crown...both were successful.

1. Write in breakfast choices on the room service card. No hassle, no problems with any item...hot or cold.

2. Order a side of lobster tails with steak of choice at Crown Grill for surf and turf. Again, no hassle or questions.

Hope someone gets some use from these. I had my doubts about both, but both worked flawlessly.

Well, here's my 2 cents. After reading these tips, we tried them in Jan on Crown...both were successful.

1. Write in breakfast choices on the room service card. No hassle, no problems with any item...hot or cold.

2. Order a side of lobster tails with steak of choice at Crown Grill for surf and turf. Again, no hassle or questions.

Hope someone gets some use from these. I had my doubts about both, but both worked flawlessly.

Great Tips! :D

Bumping this topic to get it into use rather than the 2013 version.

Repeat as many times as necessary! (Someone replied to posts in the old 2013 version of this topic and now it is back in circulation and this new 2014 version is sinking out of site again).

Terry

Repeat as many times as necessary! (Someone replied to posts in the old 2013 version of this topic and now it is back in circulation and this new 2014 version is sinking out of site again).

Terry

Maybe a moderator would consider locking the old 2013 version?

LuLu

~~~