Princess Secrets 2014!!!

lw4484

Correct and this IS a BIG secret because if you ask the staff welcoming you on board which dining room is open, they will direct you to Horizon Court which is what they have been trained to say. ;) Look at your deck plans before you board and know where you need to go and try each of the anytime dining areas - one is sure to be operating! We have done this on our last several cruise and always get a great quiet meal away from the hustle of the buffet

Never had that experience. Have always been directed to the dining room (unless we boarded after they stopped serving). A couple of times there even were signs directing to the dining room.

Never had that experience. Have always been directed to the dining room (unless we boarded after they stopped serving). A couple of times there even were signs directing to the dining room.

I was talking with my parents last night because they had questions regarding the planes on the flights back from their upcoming B2B2B repositioning of the Island Princess from Fort Lauderdale to Alaska. I mentioned the embarkation day lunch in the dining room to them and they had no clue. This will be their 9th, 10th adn 11th cruise on Princess, totaling close to 125 days, and they had no clue that there was an option to the buffet.

I hope they enjoy it.

• 4 weeks later...
Isn't there a charge for wifi? I was on Princess in 2001, so long before smartphones or iPads. Just trying to learn as much as I can. This message board is awesome!

Yes there is but if you are a Platinum or Elite Captain's Circle Member you get free minutes determined by cruise length. Suite passengers used to get free wifi too but they stopped it evidently due to abuse.

VOYAGE DURATION MINUTES

7 days or less 150

8-20 days 250

21+ days 500

• 2 weeks later...

One tip about Internet access is to buy the minutes prior to departure from the Princess gift store online. You get more bonus Internet minutes for the same price. You do get bonus minute on board if you purchase early after boarding but not as many as when you prurchase.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/communications/index.jsp

Also make sure you sign out each time you use the Internet or your tally keeps running and using your minutes. I think you can get info. From the Internet employee onboard about sign out procedures as well as how to set up your account once onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One tip about Internet access is to buy the minutes prior to departure from the Princess gift store online. You get more bonus Internet minutes for the same price. You do get bonus minute on board if you purchase early after boarding but not as many as when you prurchase.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/communications/index.jsp

Also make sure you sign out each time you use the Internet or your tally keeps running and using your minutes. I think you can get info. From the Internet employee onboard about sign out procedures as well as how to set up your account once onboard.

I don't think this works if you are getting the platinum/elite credit?

I don't think this works if you are getting the platinum/elite credit?

Only if you want to top up the minutes you're entitled to. Your Platinum/Elite benefit no longer shows up on your shipboard account as a debit/credit, so the extra minutes wouldn't apply to the benefit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just to clarify something I read....does the internet for platinum apply to EACH PERSON in a cabin that Platinum or is it a 'cabin' benefit? How do you go about getting the additional minutes or do you each just setup a separate internet account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify something I read....does the internet for platinum apply to EACH PERSON in a cabin that Platinum or is it a 'cabin' benefit? How do you go about getting the additional minutes or do you each just setup a separate internet account?

It is a per person benefit.

Each person who is Platinum or Elite will get the free minutes. When you first log in with your name and cabin number you will be offer several plans. The first is the plan with the free minutes at zero cost. You will have an option to add minutes at additional cost to those free minutes if you wish.

It is a per person benefit.

Yes, Thrak is right.

Each person has to set up their own account. You can not combine them into one longer account.

If you are sailing with someone who is platinum/elite and has free internet minutes but doesn't "do" computers, it is VERY easy to share. Just remember to watch the minutes left on the plan. I used up my free minutes then went over by 2 minutes and paid $1.50 for that .... before I switched to my DH's plan which had 150 free minutes. Each user has their own sign in and makes a password.

• 2 months later...
My favorite tip has to be writing whatever you want on the door hanger for breakfast and no questions asked. Our cabin breakfasts were incredible.

Mark

This is a great tip! Thanks.
Just remember that this food would not come from the Room Service kitchen but from the kitchen for the DR serving breakfast and only during the MDR breakfast hours. If you are lucky enough to have special orders delivered, I suggest a good tip because the Room Service people would need to go to that different DR kitchen.

Thanks for the tips. I'm a first time Princess cruiser traveling with a Ruby member. I don't think Ruby is very high or gets many perks though.

Would like to hear more info about the CB.

Thanks!

Cheryl

Thanks for the tips. I'm a first time Princess cruiser traveling with a Ruby member. I don't think Ruby is very high or gets many perks though.

Would like to hear more info about the CB.

Thanks!

Cheryl

The only Ruby perk of any practical value is the insurance upgrade. If you purchase the Princess Standard Vacation Protection the Ruby member is automagically upgraded to the Platinum Vacation Protection. Not much but worth having.

Free Internet minutes do not carryover on the back to back but if you buy the one time deal that they offer you when you take your elite minutes then they carry over

Free internet minutes have always carried over for me. On turnaround day, when you reboard the ship your account will still be open with remaining minutes. Select 'purchase more minutes' when signing in and you will be offered another block of free minutes which you can add to those that remain from the first cruise.