Which is your favorite Carnival Atrium?

tonic67

As far as atriums go, the Fantasy class are the only ones that really seem like real atruims to me. THey go all the way up to the glass dome whereas in the newer configurations they are only 3-4 stories tall and the only part that goes all the way up is near the glass elevators.

Hey I have been looking at photos of the Splendor's Atrium for so long during my research, I really have started to prefer it over the others I have seen. I am only going by photos, but curious to know which is everyone's favorite Atrium on any Carnival Ship, and let us know why. And go...

My preference is still the Ecstasy.

As far as atriums go, the Fantasy class are the only ones that really seem like real atruims to me. THey go all the way up to the glass dome whereas in the newer configurations they are only 3-4 stories tall and the only part that goes all the way up is near the glass elevators.

I concur. Soaring atriums with skylights, which you see right when you board, have a "wow" factor that just can't be beat. Plus, there's the natural light they give to what's normally a windowless space. I read somewhere that Carnival put them in for that very reason. They wanted people to have that jaw-dropping moment upon entering, much like older cities putting in ornate train stations to impress visitors.

Sadly, as ships got bigger and revenue became more imporatant than beauty, atriums shrank. Vista, which is expected to sail in 2016, won't have an atrium at all; just a lobby space 2 or 3 decks high, no skylight. Carnival decided that atriums are idle space, and are better off filled with cabins and specialty restaurants (read: $$$$$).

This, for example, is Sensation's atrium. It runs from deck 7 (Empress) to deck 12 (Sports). I was wowed indeed. It's one of the reasons why I like old-school ships.

8674390666_706a711c2f.jpg

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

The Elation (my first ship and dear to the heart) had an Atrium that went up 7 stories. Awesome! The new ships aren't like that - they are half that or so. When I'm ship searching I always google images to get a look at the Atrium (my favorite aspect of a ship). Can't wait to see the Breeze Atrium in June! I will say, IMO, the worse Atrium I've seen yet is the Freedom. It's like the Liberty but instead of white/iridescent, it is copper and dark. It just seemed small, closed-in, and gloomy to me.

And I agree with the previous poster (way to be there ;))! My favorite is the one I'm standing in because its connected to the ship I'm on!

Of the ships I've been on I LOVE the Liberty, love those color-changing lights! The Miracle gets honorable mention for the glass stairs up to the steakhouse. I actually walked up them... YIKES!! The Valor was my least favorite, but any atrium is better than staying home.

Hey Yah. I saw many posted their pics - some did not.

I am also really liking the Conquest and Paradise for some reason - maybe all the artwork. Has anyone seen them in person? Personal Pics?

Paradise:

Grand-Atrium.jpg

Conquest:

Cruise_2011-8892And8more.jpg

8723689854aaa72c28b76b6.30862361-1252684482.jpg

Hey Yah. I saw many posted their pics - some did not.

I am also really liking the Conquest and Paradise for some reason - maybe all the artwork. Has anyone seen them in person? Personal Pics?

The pictures I posted are my personal pictures. And there are plenty more in my Paradise and Victory reviews (links are in my signature). :)

My actual favorite atrium isn't on Carnival, it's on Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas.

Here is a pic of Elation in case anyone is wondering.

elat003.jpg

Looks a lot like the Pride just different colors maybe and decor, but I wonder is it that same class of ship? I bet it is (OMG I am learning too much about cruise ships - I am starting to see patterns.) Now, I have to go check.

Can't find any information on class of ships... at first look... will have to look more... or does anyone know?

Edited by tonic67
added image

The Elation has a very "classic" look, I like it a lot. Love the height and the way the elevators are situated too. I guess it's the same reason I like the Pride.

WOW, I am becoming a cruise junkie and I haven't even taken my first real cruise yet. Is that possible? Does that happen? What if I go an don't like it? Might I just be a cruis-ship admirer from afar? LOL

Here is a pic of Elation ===> Gorgeous!!

elat003.jpg

Looks a lot like the Pride just different colors maybe and decor,

but I wonder is it that same class of ship? ===> NO not by a long shot.

Can't find any information on class of ships...

... will have to look more... or does anyone know?

Try this Wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Cruises

It shows all the Carnival ships, both past and present fleet.

I make constant referral to it.

Aaaahwwwwhhhh. I said it before in an earlier post, but seeing that Elation Atrium just tugs at my heartstrings. My first cruise - I remember stepping from the gangway into that Atrium and the sheer awh of it. I was in no way prepared for the magnificence of it!!!!! I will forever cherish that feeling. What a ship to start my cruising addiction!

I am really enjoying this thread!

I like most if not all of these atrium photos, but the Elation is absolutely beautiful! I have never seen it before.

To those who can, please keep on posting photos, and thanks.:)

I don't have a decent one, but someone needs to post the PRIDE atrium, complete with nude David statue at the very top.

CarnivalPride-Davids-Supper-Club.jpg

I have seen others more um... close up. I was also reading on a review somewhere - and the person was upset because there was a picture of a nude woman in their stateroom, and she had children. Hope she never goes on this ship.

That ship's got some balls.

. I will say, IMO, the worse Atrium I've seen yet is the Freedom. It's like the Liberty but instead of white/iridescent, it is copper and dark. It just seemed small, closed-in, and gloomy to me.

Here is the Freedom, and I have to say I agree - but I wouldn't NOT go on the ship for that reason. But, if there was a choice and all things being equal I would choose one of the others.

freedom016.jpg

Here is the Freedom, and I have to say I agree - but I wouldn't NOT go on the ship for that reason. But, if there was a choice and all things being equal I would choose one of the others.

Oh no, me either - I would sail her anyday. There were lots of other features that I did love, and the Atrium wasn't awful - it just didn't compare to others I have seen, either in person or in photos :D It has a mauve look in this photo, kinda like the Elation, but in person it is copper, and I mean major COPPER.

Edited by 2bthereagain

I have seen others more um... close up. I was also reading on a review somewhere - and the person was upset because there was a picture of a nude woman in their stateroom, and she had children. Hope she never goes on this ship.

Too funny! This reminds me a lot of the Legend's Atrium. I have a photo of it on a different computer I can post later tonight. I'll have to look back through the thread, it may have already been posted...

Edited by 2bthereagain

I think I am correct in saying that this is not the Pride's lobby atrium, but rather the atrium at the steakhouse.