The Signature Beverage Program and photos of the drink menu

travelinjones

A few more thought on this subject.

I like at least a glass of wine and like a bottle of wine on the table. If you look around MDR.... you have to work to see bottles on the tables. Up in Lido at lunch... you just don't see wine. I wonder if something is wrong. Do passengers prefer to drink tea or coffee or coke or perhaps they are 'temperance'... or not able. If you look through the MDR and see 100 bottles of wine between 1,000 diners.... something wrong! I think it is possible that the pricing system is wrong.

I have experienced that the wine steward does not always keep the wine bottles ON the table, but rather nearby in an ice chiller if needed.

We had no problem with premium brands up to $6.95, came with a mixer and tip. No problem at all with SBP at any location on the ship.

I don't think we ever came close to the 15 drink limit but we did use it for large bottled water which is something we wouldn't have done every night on the way back to the cabin.

I have the Explore 4 package for my Alaska cruise coming up. I was diagnosed last year with Type II diabetes, so I have to limit my carbs. I've been looking through carb lists looking for acceptable drinks. I have found enough to not be too restricted. I know I/we won't fully utilize the cards, but one thing we will be getting is bottled water. Where on the ship can I get a bottle of water with the card? Any place besides bars?

I wish there were more wines at $7/glass - I've only tried the house wines a couple of times and didn't care for them.

I have the Explore 4 package for my Alaska cruise coming up. I was diagnosed last year with Type II diabetes, so I have to limit my carbs. I've been looking through carb lists looking for acceptable drinks. I have found enough to not be too restricted. I know I/we won't fully utilize the cards, but one thing we will be getting is bottled water. Where on the ship can I get a bottle of water with the card? Any place besides bars?

I wish there were more wines at $7/glass - I've only tried the house wines a couple of times and didn't care for them.

I think the only place to get bottled water, besides a bar, would be the Explorations Cafe, where the specialty coffees are sold.

It may be possible to get bottled water as you leave the ship for the port but I doubt it will be covered by the SBP since there is no point of sale machine.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

I have experienced that the wine steward does not always keep the wine bottles ON the table, but rather nearby in an ice chiller if needed.

Very true but they still have to have wine glasses on the table.. unless some of them have the bottle in a brown paper bag! ;-)