Navagator Virtual Furniture

No I do not mean the furniture is virtual.

But yesterday our local news channel ( KHOU 11 )

went in and did a story on the new cabin.

They showed a big bed, the virtual balcony with the bar/vanity next to it.

Also just one lounge chair, no couch, no other chair. ( I bet the vanity has a wooden one )

Can anyone tell me if this is all there is?

I am hoping that they just did not pan the whole cabin,

and there is more than one soft seating.

:rolleyes:

Here is the video from the news story.

The VB sarts at 36 seconds into it:

http://www.khou.com/news/technology/Largest-Cruise-Ship-in-Galveston-boasts-virtual-balconies-243729851.html

Thanks for that link, the room did look quite spacious..much better than I thought it would be.

Congrats Marilyn & Pete (cc member Petel) on your 100th cruise :D:D

Thanks for that link, the room did look quite spacious..much better than I thought it would be.

Congrats Marilyn & Pete (cc member Petel) on your 100th cruise :D:D

The room shown in the video is an Handicap Accessible Virtual Balcony cabin. Standard Inside Virtual Balcony cabins are smaller. If fact they're the same size as any standard inside cabin.

The room shown in the video is an Handicap Accessible Virtual Balcony cabin. Standard Inside Virtual Balcony cabins are smaller. If fact they're the same size as any standard inside cabin.

Ah that explains why it was bigger, thanks :D

The virtual balcony does look pretty cool though...looks far more real than I thought it would be.

If that was an accessible cabin, it would explain why the furniture is different. I think I read someplace that there is a love seat, but I can't find the post again.

I do not think you can get any smaller and still move around.

Also, I think in a Handicapped room you have to be able to

turn a wheel chair around 360 degrees.

I hope this is more of a normal room, just not seeing all of it.

:eek:

Thy didn't make larger cabins on the Nav

If the cabin is 150sf and they add the VB to part of the wall something has to give.

The photo shows a chair that most likely is the real look

Thy didn't make larger cabins on the Nav

If the cabin is 150sf and they add the VB to part of the wall something has to give.

The photo shows a chair that most likely is the real look

I wouldn't think they can put any furniture in front of the virtual balcony. You would lose a wall for furniture. That soft chair probably is the only seating along with a vanity chair.

I would hope that the Virtual Screen and curtains would not take up that much space.

I would hope that they would still have the couch.

On Magic, all we had were the beds to sit on,

Oh I forgot the little autumn style chair for the vanity.

I can not wait for more pictures of the rooms.

Due to being disabled I have stayed in Accessible Cabins on the NOS The video does not show the complete room. If it did it would show that there is more than enough room to maneuver a wheelchair. I have used my mobility scooter with absolutely no problem. Besides no inside cabins were enlarged during dry dock.

The cabin in the video has the bed in an alcove between the back wall of the cabin and the Bathroom which is the arrangement for an accessible inside cabin on NOS. Standard inside cabins do not have the beds in an alcove nor have enough space for the bed to be in an alcove. A standard inside cabin has the bed positioned perpendicular to the back wall same as in a standard oceanview cabin with a sofa between the end of the bed and wall to bathroom with the desk across from the sofa. Personally perplexed how the screen will be positioned in a standard inside cabin as there really isn't the wall space. Nor don't think there's room for the bed to be placed jetting out from a side wall so that the screen could be placed on the back wall.

Well I'll see for fact when after boarding NOS in march.

The news channel as well as RCCL most likely chose the Accessible Cabin to video because it shows better to create more excitement.

Edited by xxoocruiser

We are looking at a VB room for our next cruise, but I'm not expecting to be any different than a balcony room layout with a bunch of LCD big screens where the balcony doors would normally be.

A balcony cabin on NOS is wider and larger at 184 sq ft - 199 sq ft to accommodate the bed being perpendicular to side wall for balcony clearance. Compared to a standard inside which is not wide enough to have the bed perpendicular to a side wall and is only 150 sq. ft. on the NOS.

We are looking at a VB room for our next cruise, but I'm not expecting to be any different than a balcony room layout with a bunch of LCD big screens where the balcony doors would normally be.

There would have to be a difference as the balcony cabins are on average 35 to 50 sq ft larger than an inside cabin.