Airboat Adventure in FL.... Yay or nay?

McCutie

Anyone go on this excursion? Opinions either way are appreciated : )

We are a family of 5 and the kids ages are 4,5 and 9.

It looks fun but wondering if the kids will think it is ?

Thanks in advance!

YAY, we did the everglades excursion after our cruise and those kids that were on our airboat really seemed to enjoy it. Pretty sure you'd all enjoy it.

Thanks for your input! I have been glued to the app for the weather channel to keep my eye on the weather in Florida next week and so far so good.....

Now just debating until we get on the ship to book or wait till we get on : )

YES!! Do it.

The guide on the bus was very informative, learned a lot about the floridian flora and fauna. Airboat ride was okay, saw some gators and turtles, lots of egrets but the water levels last year were very low so we couldn't go into a lot of areas.

The gator park was fun, the kids will enjoy the time with the guy in the gator show. They will also get to hold a baby, great photo op! And the rest of the time just walking around the gator areas, very nice and since it included the trip to the airport it was a good way to stash the suitcase.

I would recommend either eating right after the show in the snack bar or not eating there at all! It got really crowded and it was a mad dash to get back on the bus for the return to the MIA.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Agree with last two. Our children are grown but DH and I loved the airboat and alligator adventure. Make sure you book that one. There is one with just an airboat. We had a wonderful time. We have done airboats in different states. This was the best. They have head phones that let you hear the guide and keep the noise from letting you enjoy the ride. Worth the money. We booked on the ship also to make sure of the weather. Unfortunately the price was $5 more a person on the ship.

We did this through CCL and had a good time even though we didn't see any gators in the wild (we were the last boat to leave the dock). Saw a lot of different birds and I've wanted to go on an airboat since I watched "Gentle Ben" when I was a kid. DW got to hold a gator at the show after the tour and absolutely loved it (I had to search her bag to make sure she didn't try to smuggle it out;)).

You don't get wet, as far as shoes, we wore our running/boat shoes since it can get slippery on the walkways.

They give you earplugs because the engines on the airboats are very loud but other than a light jacket...binoculars would be the only other thing I'd suggest.

Enjoy

I see you have plenty of "yay's" already, but adding another one.

We did the Everglades by Airboat tour with NCL, with the drop off at FL airport. Our twin DDs were 7 at the time - and they both loved it. I have no doubt they would both think it's a treat to do again should we ever get back to that area.

Edited by deb63

We did it but not thru the cruise line. We had two post cruise days so we did it on our own and had a blast.

We were the last airboat of the day, it was just my wife and I on board so we got to do a lot more turns and spins. What a ride that was.

I can't remember the cost but it included the gator farm as well.

Your family will have a good time.

Isnt it an airboat in a park, with captured alligators, rather than airboat in the Everglades, with real alligators?

No, it was thru the Everglades with real gators.

They did have a gator farm on site.

We were in Fort Lauderdale in the summer. There was an airboat gator thing in a park that looked lame, but we drove the 2 hours or so (including being stopped by FHP) to Everglades City, and had an airboat ride with Captain Bob or Doug or something. Was great.

Thx again everyone! So good to see all the "yays" ! And the helpful hints.

I mentioned it to my kids and they are good to go! Now just to get hubby to go! Lol He wants to do Kennedy Space Center instead..

The weather is still looking good for next week : )

We've done the airboat/gator trip & Kennedy Space Center. Your little folks would have a better time holding the gators. Don't get me wrong, KSC is awesome, but not as exciting as holding a real life gator (the gift shop wasn't too expensive either). We did the airboat through Celebrity & it dropped us off at the airport with our luggage which was perfect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely do it :)

If you have a later flight , the cruiseline will have a tour with airport drop off...luggage stays on board - and you visit the glades and ride airboat, see gators etc

The Everglades - the "River of Grass" is unique to Florida and really neat...amazing to see how you skim along and the grass "bends" and so quickly you are far from civilization. Most of the airboat captains are real characters too with some interesting facts and tales

If you are staying here pre or post cruise - rent a car and look for coupons, groupons, living social ...lots of deals and may be cheaper. BUT if you are using it for a post cruise - get to airport - the cruise excursion is perfect

Isnt it an airboat in a park, with captured alligators, rather than airboat in the Everglades, with real alligators?

>>>?????? No no...

the Everglades is huge - taking up much of the central/interior of Florida (look at a map)

Airboat attractions /parks are found up and down the glades - in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, on the west coast too - and outside Orlando etc...anywhere someone sets up a bunch of airboats, and various other stuff they add - restaurant, gift shop, a little "zoo" , gator "wrestling" show, or whatever else they come up with . Some are better than others , many offer deals..some are more "eco' environmental (one has various rescued animals there for instance) some are "cornier" with the wrestling

I know of one that has Native American village etc too

However...the boats all go out into the Everglades - where you see real alligators. There are over a million here - they were here first. Most of the parks have small alligators and/or large or resident gators too. I know one has a gator over 1000 lb and over 50 years old, very happy in his fenced in pool with his "woman" LOL - the fence blew down during Hurricane Wilma and he was "free" but he sat there and kept coming back looking for his food....he is very happy for a gator I guess haha

There is a park near Cocoa Beach that is more of a zoo/alligator zoo and maybe you are thinking of that? HTH

Anyone go on this excursion? Opinions either way are appreciated : )

We are a family of 5 and the kids ages are 4,5 and 9.

It looks fun but wondering if the kids will think it is ?

Thanks in advance!

We just did it last week and we all loved it. It gave us one more thing to look forward to before our flight home. I would recommend it highly. Have fun!