Spring 2014 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more...

KandCsailing

I haven't watched the final show yet but did take a sneak peek at who won. So happy for Maks! I know Meryl had a huge advantage but she really was the best dancer so I guess she deserved the win.

I read this morning that Len hinted he might not be back. Can't imagine who the new head judge would be. Just wouldn't be the same without Len.

So Erin actually wore a ballgown last night? Can't wait to see it!

I haven't watched the final show yet but did take a sneak peek at who won. So happy for Maks! I know Meryl had a huge advantage but she really was the best dancer so I guess she deserved the win.

I read this morning that Len hinted he might not be back. Can't imagine who the new head judge would be. Just wouldn't be the same without Len.

So Erin actually wore a ballgown last night? Can't wait to see it!

Someone suggested online that Louis van Amstel would be a good replacement. I like Louis.

At 70 maybe Len is getting tired of all the flying when the British and American shows overlap. I think he got married last year too.

I was very happy with the results last night--mostly for Maks. I do hope, though, that they don't choose 'stars' with that much performance experience again.

So he's not coming back? I'll miss him for sure--even in his bad-boy stages. Also hope Len stays, since he is the voice of reason on the show, but I can certainly understand not wanting to deal with that much flying. One trip across the pond exhausts me--of course he's probably not flying coach!

I loved Erin's dress--the color and style was just right for her. I also like Candace's red dress--or I guess it was a jumpsuit.

I'd have been happy if Amy won too, as she is simply amazing and though I really like Candace, it would have been wrong for her to win as she wasn't the best dancer, by far.

Funny, I am going to miss this show too...

When they changed the host to Erin, I did not care one way or another but I have to say after this season I have really come to like her and think this was a good decision.. I loved her look for the final show (and her hair style.) Such a simple look but still so elegant.. I loved the dress. Giving me an itch to buy a gown even though, sigh, our next cruise is on NCL where formal is not the norm.

I understand why some of you would prefer that they not bring back someone like Meryl, a dead ringer. But for me the last few weeks of the show, and as a dancer myself I was just floored with her ability and loved watching her dance. For me it made this season very special for me to watch...

OMG, Len??? I did not read this, It would be a shame if we loose him, he is really the only one who has the credentials to judge. I mean, Carrie Ann has never even danced ballroom, is a joke, but as long as Len i there I can half tolerate her comments... I would be so very sad to loose him as a judge.

Great season!

HI all!

Kerri ~ thanks for the info about Samantha. Hope all goes well for her.

I've really enjoyed this season too & was happy with the outcome. Meryl seemed to tame Maks. I didn't like her advantage either but she was a beautiful dancer.

Len said something like if he doesn't return & he's not saying that he isn't, sort of vague.

Do you think James & Peta are an item?

See you next season. Sure hope it's as good as this one turned out to be.

~ Jo ~ :)

We missed most of this season as we were on a cruise and I haven't bothered to watch the recorded shows. Not excited with the early shows I saw, but watching Meryl & Maks dance together the last two shows was amazing! I do think the best dancer won for a change.

Sherri:)

Watched the finale last night. Erin's green ballgown was really pretty, she looked wonderful. It was fun to see the behind the scenes footage during dress rehearsals. Erin is so funny. I really like her as a co-host.

Maks definitely is not coming back. After their final dance, he actually kissed the top of the stairs when they were coming up to get their scores. That was a farewell kiss if I ever saw one, lol.

So no Maks, no Derek, maybe no Len. Sounds rather boring to me. But then again, we didn't think this season was going to be any good and it turned out to be great. So you never know.

So until next season, ta ta. Until we dance again :D.

• 2 months later...