Spring 2014 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more...

KandCsailing

I'm quite disappointed that the ice dancers would do the show. They most likely have years of dance training and musicality.

Yesterday I saw that our Canadian skaters that came in second are not going to world's this month and then I looked up these two and saw that they also chose not to skate. Then I saw that they are going to headline all 20 Stars on Ice shows and figured they wouldn't be doing DWTS, since Stars on Ice goes from April 4th to May 18th.

Karina could be in for a wild ride, Sean Avery has had anger issues and a big mouth in the past during his playing career.

I usually can't stand Derek, but I hope Amy Purdy does well.

Missed this before, there is a new twist this season.

Professional dancer Derek Hough also revealed on GMA Tuesday that there will be a new twist. "This season, America will be given the power to vote and change celebrities and professional dance pairings," he said. "This new rule will affect all couples as they will be required to switch partners at a point in the season. Never before have dance partnerships been split up during the course of competition."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/dancing-with-the-stars-season-18-cast-danica-mckellar-nene-leakes-among-contestants-201443#ixzz2v116mjNC

Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

They think this line up is going to increase ratings? Not likely. Personally, I think they set this up so it can be a showdown between the ice dancers. If that's the case, I'm gone and won't watch.

KandC, you're right about Sean Avery. He's a whack-job and has had that reputation for his entire NHL career. He's the kind who could be a huge problem. Same can be said for Nene. I was rooting for her on Apprentice, but after I saw her terrible attitude, I totally dislike her.

And then we have the "WHO?" factor again. Who the heck are some of these people? There are at least four or five that I've never heard of. Yeah, I know I'm an oldster, but I still have no idea who many of these people are.

The producers have made moves that I think will alienate many viewers, from the dumping of the orchestra and Brooke, to bringing on obvious ringers who they hope will be the final two. I hope these changes come back and bite them in the butt.

I would kind of like to see a senior version..

Great idea! Not many would watch, though. The younger viewers would all be saying the same thing some of us are saying now .....who?

I also read somewhere (maybe) that Derek helped with the short program in the winter games.. You know, no doubt he has an incredible talent to chorograph routines and seems like a great fit, if true or not!!

It was announced at some point on TV as well. I think he's a brilliant choreographer and is great at getting the most out of his "star." Amber Riley wouldn't have won with another pro, IMO.

Diana Nyad should at least have the stamina required for the training.

Kinda neat that Cam and I were in Key West last year during a Carnival Freedom when she landed there after her swim from Cuba. Shop keepers would tell us how close she was to shore during the day.

Only one more week! (green because it will be St. Patrick's Day)

I hadn't realized that Amy was competing in the Paralympics this week.

Derek is over there with her to train in her down time.

Edited by KandCsailing

I follow along as you guys/gals analyze DWTS every season! Yes, there have been some changes this year, we will just have to see how they translate. I love to watch the show, have since season 2 - faithfully - thank goodness for DVR!:p

I find so few 'shows' on TV actually entertaining & to my liking that I am happy to just go along for the ride w/ DWTS...I appreciate the commentaries, esp Smooth...you see things from a standpoint that few of us are able to!:)

Well, just one more day & we will see the new crop of 'stars' do their thing!

Not looking to watch this season....it is just not fun (to me)

anymore.

Hi Lois, I don't think I will be watching this year either, just not interested anymore. If I could just see the dresses, then turn it off I would be good. :)

Cori

Hi Lois, I don't think I will be watching this year either, just not interested anymore. If I could just see the dresses, then turn it off I would be good. :)

Cori

Hi Cori, I didn't watch at all....not a moment. Actually, I watched

an hour of "The Voice" and at 9:00 watched DALLAS:D

I did watch the show. I missed the old band. The new co host did not either add any viewing enjoyment or distract although I liked Brooke better. Her dress was blah nothing to talk about so that was disappointing, There was also a blurb already about romance on the set which also was disappointing to see.

We too are hooked on the voice so my husband recorded it for me.

I only watched the last half of the show and I can't say I was impressed, the show was a little boring. Maybe I am just getting tired of it? I did miss the Harold Wheeler orchestra! The para olympic snowboarder (Amy?) was amazingly good but I do think she was over scored, and regardless of what Len said about scoring her as a regular dancer, how can they?

Charlie White looked like he was ice dancing minus the ice, I do think he and Meryl have a strong advantage over the other contestants which is grossly unfair, imo.:D

Sherri:)

The ice dancers were on Ellen Monday, and Ellen made a huge point of saying that ice dancing and ballroom dancing were completely different. The gal said "oh my yes, this is really hard." :rolleyes:

I watched a few seconds here and there but will watch the whole show tonight. I especially want to see Amy? dance. I remember when Heather (Paul McCartney's ex-wife) was on and she had a hard time dancing with her one artificial leg. I can't imagine dancing with TWO artificial ones.

I do have a friend who was previous an ice dancer now a ballroom dancer and she also says the 2 sports are different. But the advantages are there. They already have perfect posture, spin skills, developed back muscles, strong ankles and routine and performance skills the other dancers do not have. Of course they are coming with a large advantage. Really, did you see thoes continious spins. It takes years of balance training to pull that off.

Watched it last night. I'm afraid to admit this but I absolutely love Erin Andrews - she's so funny. Her dress was meh but her personality is fun. I had forgotten that she was previously on the show. She got more famous after that interview with my Seahawks' Richard Sherman.

Mr. Billy Dee really needs to be put out of his misery on the show - poor guy. I can't imagine why he wanted to do this. And the hockey guy has zero personality.

We shall see.

Yes, she was previously on the show and supposedly she and her partner, Maks, dated for awhile. Don't know who broke up with who. Did you catch her saying something about how he must be glad he has a partner who can point her toes unlike her in Season 10?

I'm enjoying the repeat showing tonight so I can catch up.

I really liked Drew Carey and it's amazing to watch Amy move.

I didn't think Charlie's contemporary dance was better than Candice.

I think I like Erin's interviewing style. She is more focused on the dancers and less about how the camera sees her. Kind of refreshing.

Hi all!

Looking forward to tonight's show. I'm undecided about Erin, don't like her voice but did like her style.

Hopefully it's Billy's night to go & he doesn't have a big fan base like some others who should have gone sooner than they did.

See you later.

~ Jo ~ :)