Nearly One Year Since Triumph Incident: Are you happy with Carnival's recovery?

thecruiserofships

Are you happy with Carnival's recovery progress?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Carnival's recovery progress?

• Yes
    • No

Just off the Glory a week ago. They have the new menu. We really liked it. We had three wait staff for our table. Each team had 6 tables. Our service was really good. Food came out fast and it was hot. No complaints. The entertainment at night was great! The comedians funny, the shows very well done. We didn't have to pay for entertainment. Not all ships will have the rock concerts that you pay for. We are sailing on the Dream next Feb. It does not have a concert on board. So all entertainment will still be at no cost. Not sure were the paying for entertainment comment is coming from?! If we are on a ship that has a band that we would like to see we will pay the little bit of money $10 - 20 to go. Cheaper than going to a concert at home! Live bands are not a deal breaker for us. Don't care! Just sitting on the ship is more important than a live band or a DJ. Doesn't matter. We did notice that the ships now have a back up generator on board. It was a pretty big one that sit by the whale tail. We also saw it on other ships in port. Good idea!

We think Carnival has handled all the issues very well. So what if they have lowered prices. Makes cruising even more affordable. We will enjoy the price while we can. If you don't like CCL then move on. Stop complaining about it.

No. The Triunph was the first of a series if issues with their ships which included the Dream, the Legend, and some other ships I would have to look up.

But the worst of all was watching the Triumoh return to service after all that hoopla, and the ship failed the coast guard imspection, 3 serious enough to make them refuse to let the ship sail.

And this has what to do with the op's questions about the past year? The Dream and Legend had issues in March, almost a year ago. Op wanted to know our opinion since. Anyway, what other ships?

It was an unfortunate situation overblown by the ridiculous, ever-salivating media. Thankfully the voices of the rational pax were heard from.

All in all, not much to recover from in my opinion, so kudos to CCL.

Agree 100%! I have sailed twice since the Triumph fire, (once on Triumph itself), and have 2 cruises booked this year. (So far.) I think this cruise line has gone above and beyond to prove that their passenger's safety is priority #1.

Carnival isn't now, nor will they ever be, the only cruise line with issues that make it to the media to over sensationalize! RCCL has boat loads of sick people, Celebrity has sick people, NCL has sick people and other issues. Other ships have had fires. Lucky for them there were bigger news stories then, so they lucked out of being the only thing for CNN to report on. Keep up the great work, CCL!

Not kidding. When you graduate from HS you'll understand how it has fallen from its glory days. It's not what it used to be, but they can turn things around and become great once again.

From my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk.

I think somebody needs a hug... or a good spanking! Didn't your mother ever teach you if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all?

If you have opinions about Carnival, fine, express them... but no need to get personal for no reason!

Edited by Shaded Lady

I think somebody needs a hug... or a good spanking! Didn't your mother ever teach you if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all?

If you have opinions about Carnival, fine, express them... but no need to get personal for no reason!

I'd take a hug AND a spanking. ;):D

Carnival is still cutting staff. MDR can't get food out. So new menu, do the work yourself, so need less staff. Do way with live shows, BUT have show that you have to pay for. 24 hour trivia that entertainment. Should play Carnival cut backs trivia. Last year of midnight buffet.... Last captain party.... Last guest party... Last live music by pool...last live show band....last time of shows every night....

We still had a 10-piece band on our Liberty cruise (1/18 & 1/25). The Gold, Platinum, and Diamond party (replaced Past Guest Party) is much improved.

I "assume" from your remarks that you've moved on to a more upscale & expensive cruise line?

I am not convincing that with all the cut backs you see. That there are many cut backs you do not see. If Carnival were not taking care of the ships is good times. I cannot believe they are doing that now. Yes there was a dog and pony show. We are doing this and that. But in a few years when things are not maintained again. The same thing will happen. The main part of their problem was non of there safety system worked

Carnival is still cutting staff. MDR can't get food out. So new menu, do the work yourself, so need less staff. Do way with live shows, BUT have show that you have to pay for. 24 hour trivia that entertainment. Should play Carnival cut backs trivia. Last year of midnight buffet.... Last captain party.... Last guest party... Last live music by pool...last live show band....last time of shows every night....

What are you even saying?

And this has what to do with the op's questions about the past year? The Dream and Legend had issues in March, almost a year ago. Op wanted to know our opinion since. Anyway, what other ships?

It has everything to do with the past year. But I can't help you. Search is missing.

Ok I'm all ears. What has Carnival done in the past year since these incidents?

They've mounted a big rental generator up on deck that by some accounts may or may not even be hooked up.

From my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk.

Agree 100%! I have sailed twice since the Triumph fire, (once on Triumph itself), and have 2 cruises booked this year. (So far.) I think this cruise line has gone above and beyond to prove that their passenger's safety is priority #1.

Carnival isn't now, nor will they ever be, the only cruise line with issues that make it to the media to over sensationalize! RCCL has boat loads of sick people, Celebrity has sick people, NCL has sick people and other issues. Other ships have had fires. Lucky for them there were bigger news stories then, so they lucked out of being the only thing for CNN to report on. Keep up the great work, CCL!

I agree.

We just got off the Triumph on what some from our group jokingly called the blackout cruise LOL( 8 minutes without power give or take LOL). We had a fabulous time and I wasn't worried. I will be trying NCL again and thanks to MY GREAT TA and friend I will continue to cruise Carnival or any other cruise line that takes me away from work, worries and responsibilities LOL

Wish I had me 100 shares of CCL stock

Someone must be happy with the high bookings just reported. I do agree with the fact that there have been many cut backs, but this is also true of RCI. I can't say what other lines are doing because I have no experience with them.

CCL, IMO is branding themselves as the value leader, looking to people who are the newer cruisers. Nothing wrong with this, but it is our decision whether to book with them, or someone else.

People are happy that the deposits were only $50 thus the uptick in bookings. If all those that booked at $50 follow through on their bookings it'll be great.:)

Bill

Right now the poll (unscientific of course) shows 78% are satisfied with the direction CCL has gone. If those numbers are accurate (and they probably are within +/-5%) then CCL is unlikely to make any changes any time soon.

I get that people really loved the old CCL and they miss it, but it's time to face reality- CCL has changed, the vast majority of passengers are okay with the changes, and the old CCL is gone for good.

Right now the poll (unscientific of course) shows 78% are satisfied with the direction CCL has gone. If those numbers are accurate (and they probably are within +/-5%) then CCL is unlikely to make any changes any time soon.

I get that people really loved the old CCL and they miss it, but it's time to face reality- CCL has changed, the vast majority of passengers are okay with the changes, and the old CCL is gone for good.

I agree, but also add that to DW and me, RCCL has also changed from our 1st cruise with them. We can't speak for the other lines, as we haven't sailed on them yet. Some of the changes on both lines we like, some we don't. But I guess that's true of most things over time.

Edited by Georgiagolfer
spelling