Crown & Anchor call center

SteveinMo

We are loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers and have only one more cruise before we achieve Diamond Plus. We have worked with the Crown & Anchor call center many times over the last few years.

We are currently scheduled for a cruise in March and have convinced five other first time RCCL couples to join us.

As we try to get everything arranged, we have had to contact the Crown & Anchor desk a number of times over the lat few weeks.

Each call seems to bring more frustration. We have been told different things on different calls. We attempted to link the RCCL excursions just as our dinner seating is linked but were told that we could not do that. They wont let me link them because my name is not on the reservation but they wont let my friends link them because their names are not on my reservation.

Apparently, linked dinner reservations are completely different than linked excursions.

We also attempted to get the "Bring a Friend" $25.00 on board credit. The first woman was very nice and worked with us but when I called back to link the last two couples, I was told that I needed birth dates, e-mail addresses and confirmation numbers (I had the confirmations number) All of the reservations were already linked for dinner.

We have always had great service in the past but something seems to have changed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

We booked the excursion for the same time and I asked the Crown and Anchor desk about this. I was told that I should link them so that if RCCL need to make any changes, they will know who our group is and will not divide us up.

Edited by SteveinMo

Dining is easily linked as dining is complimentary. Excursions cost $$$$$, therefore they cannot be linked.

What are you other frustrations, maybe we here can help.

We are loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers and have only one more cruise before we achieve Diamond Plus. We have worked with the Crown & Anchor call center many times over the last few years.

We are currently scheduled for a cruise in March and have convinced five other first time RCCL couples to join us.

As we try to get everything arranged, we have had to contact the Crown & Anchor desk a number of times over the lat few weeks.

Each call seems to bring more frustration. We have been told different things on different calls. We attempted to link the RCCL excursions just as our dinner seating is linked but were told that we could not do that. They wont let me link them because my name is not on the reservation but they wont let my friends link them because their names are not on my reservation.

Apparently, linked dinner reservations are completely different than linked excursions.

We also attempted to get the "Bring a Friend" $25.00 on board credit. The first woman was very nice and worked with us but when I called back to link the last two couples, I was told that I needed birth dates, e-mail addresses and confirmation numbers (I had the confirmations number) All of the reservations were already linked for dinner.

We have always had great service in the past but something seems to have changed.

I would book online then compare departing time , if the same time you should be ok with the excursions . IF they are not I have cancelled on the ship and excursion desk solved my problem once on the ship . regarding bring a friend I too have had issues but that was my ta s fault he had my group booked into a block thus I was not eligible for refer a friend since that 1st time though I just go online enter their reservation # name listed 1st on the state room and their respective birthday. good luck and happy cruising

OP is right.

They most have new people answering C&A desk.

I called how far it was from Seward to Anchorage airport, answer 15 min.

Went to Alaska bus and train he was so wrong.

Other time was they refused to use my Next C cert. because I books solo. Wrong again.

I now hate to call them.

They wont let me link them because my name is not on the reservation but they wont let my friends link them because their names are not on my reservation.

-#########

It's not just the C& A desk, sales team will feel you the same thing.

Linking reservations requires the owners of each resse to provide key info. In my experience the owner of each reservation has had to give provide key info and approval before they can be linked.

It's a little bit of a hassle but I can understand it.

So just have the owners of each reservation call and it as easy as 1,2,3

Good luck.

I have had so many problems with the crown and anchor call center lately that I have stopped calling them. I now call the main number and WOW what a difference! The past few weeks with crown and anchor call center have been terrible. I am calling with simple questions and simple requests but they have been acting so confused and like they can't be bothered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't get why you need to "link" excursions. When we've traveled with friends, we've each talked about what we want to do and just booked our excursions and met up. The only things we've ever linked is dining times. When we've done specialty restaurants, all I've needed is my friends booking number to book them with us.