Car Service Ft Lauderdale Airport To local hotels? - Pre Cruise

bandp407

We arrive the Ft. Lauderdale Airport the day before our cruise out of Pt. Everglades and are staying at the Pelican Grand about 7miles from the airport. We will also need a taxi the next morning to the Pier. Does anyone know of a local car service that has reasonable rates or should we simply take a taxi? The rates for transfers through the hotel are quoted at $35 per trip plus gratuity. We have a great shared service to head to the Port of Miami but not for the Ft. Lauderdale area. Appreciate any first hand info. Many thanks!

Just wanted to let you know whathappened to us at Go Shuttle. They changed our prices and smashed our suit cases. WE rented a town car. I would never use them again. Maybe I happened to get an idiot that day. They tell use we take credit card .. When we get in after we are driving, they tell use cash only . changed price. We had reservations. I would never take them again. I don't like people who play games and lie to us. I even sent pics of our suitcases. We had new aluminum ones. They don't care about their passengers.

We use Howard, with Howard's Transportation. - Very dependable and reasonably priced. Will take you almost anywhere. You can "google" him or let me know and I'll look for his card.

He is a independent, small business owner who runs a small shuttle company.

Thanks to all for your replies and info. We actually got a name from the Pelican. It is CNG Shuttle. They quoted me $35 from the airport and $25 to the pier OR $8pp for a possible shared ride.

Their number is 954 479 7892

We have a reservation for 5 of us at Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale - 17th Street. We will need transportation from the airport and to the port. I do not think we will fit in one cab. We will need a van. Do you know how much will it cost each way?

Do you recommend taying at any other hotels comparable to this one that includes the transporation from the airport and to the port?

Thank you

Bandp407...Unless you have a huge group, I'd go with a cab rather any shuttle or car service. Easy, fast and like stated, should be less than $30. Shuttle service limits when you go, how many stops at other ships, etc. Cabbing it allows for you to head out when you want and no preplanning needed.

We have a reservation for 5 of us at Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale - 17th Street. We will need transportation from the airport and to the port. I do not think we will fit in one cab. We will need a van. Do you know how much will it cost each way?

Do you recommend taying at any other hotels comparable to this one that includes the transporation from the airport and to the port?

Thank you

5 and bags will fit into an SUV or van taxi -- and the ES is probably the most popular FLL area hotel on these boards, you made a good choice! Check-in and enjoy the free happy hour. :D