Will they change up the broadway show on breakaway???

MCAT48

As much as I enjoyed Rock of ages on the breakaway and on broadway and somewhat enjoyed the movie, I do not think If it's still being shown again on my breakawy cruise in October I will be seeing it. Does anyone think there will ever be a change of shows? How long is too long of a run of a performance on a cruise ship?? There are many amazing broadway productions that could replace ROA.

I know I'm asking a lot considering they still have second city doing the same bit for like last 5 years that I know of......:)

Breakaway just launched. It takes a lot of money to buy the rights of a Broadway show and to pay for all the performers and stage crew, etc. I don't see Rock of Ages leaving Breakaway for at least 5 more years. Blue Man Group is still on Epic and it has been 4 years. But look at the shows that are not even big stuff and cruise ship entertainment. Soul Rockin Nights (a cruise show) was the main entertainment on Sky for over 5 years.

It costs LOTS to design, produce, and mount these shows. They really don't think in terms of repeat customers, we are the minority.

3 years for a show is not unusual. Sometimes 5!

I didn't factor the cost of production just my own selfish needs. :) makes sense!

Really wish they would change the shows on all the ships. Last time on the Gem we barely went to any shows, or events, due to the repition of them.... even the game shows had the same lines they used last time. Jokers wild used the same words..defininations given were the same!?! Saw Rock of ages twice already not looking forward to seeing it again.

I know it won't happen, but I do wish they could change the shows more....

Safe sailing

I often wonder at some point if they'll switch up shows with the Epic or Getaway. The talent and costumes shouldn't be too hard to move from ship to ship but Im guessing moving the sets could prove to be difficult.

I think changing shows ship to ship sounds like a good alternative really.

some people cannot afford airfare plus a cruise such as myself. I know that sailing from NYC gives me many options to cruise other lines but really I don't want to. With the amount of repeat customers they have and want they should come up with some way of switching up the entertainment because after a while it just gets old. I will still enjoy mg breakaway cruise non the less! :)