Photo Review: Celebrity Summit 2/1/14 Southern Caribbean

HeatherC430

Hi Heather

An excellent review! Very well done.

We haven't sailed on the Summit but have sailed on the Millenium a few years back. We also sailed on the newer Equinox. We didn't care too much for the Millenium but did positively love the Equinox. She is a beautiful ship as I suspect all the Solstice class ships are. Just saying, try one of the Solstice ships and see what you think. Same great service, food, activities, etc. Celebrity is our favorite out of the five different cruise lines we've sailed.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review AND to include pictures. That must have been a lot of work.

Looks like you had a great time. I've never been on a Carnival cruise. I've been on 2 NCL cruises and my last cruise was on Celebrity. I too was amazed at how few children there were on board and the ones that were there were so well mannered. I know from reading other reviews that this is not always the case, but it's good to be positive.

Enjoy your next cruise!:)

Hi Heather

An excellent review! Very well done.

We haven't sailed on the Summit but have sailed on the Millenium a few years back. We also sailed on the newer Equinox. We didn't care too much for the Millenium but did positively love the Equinox. She is a beautiful ship as I suspect all the Solstice class ships are. Just saying, try one of the Solstice ships and see what you think. Same great service, food, activities, etc. Celebrity is our favorite out of the five different cruise lines we've sailed.

Thank you! I have no doubt I'd enjoy the Solstice class ships as well. I don't want to spoil myself with the newer, larger ships at first though. I'll work my way up to that in the upcoming years! :)

Your husband is fine in a dress shirt on Summit. Last two times I was on Summit I say tons of men in slacks and dress shirt on formal night on Caribbean and Bermuda cruises...... A few years ago I saw jackets being handed out, but those days seem to be gone.

On our second week in select dining, we did see someone given a jacket for formal night, but he was wearing a t-shirt, so I think a dress shirt would be fine.

My DH is very particular and doesn't want to take dress pants with him either! lol. On normal nights he'll wear jeans and a long sleeve dress top (which is fine for the MDR on non-formal nights). We have no problem eating elsewhere on the two formal nights. :)

Thank you for taking the time to post a review AND to include pictures. That must have been a lot of work.

Looks like you had a great time. I've never been on a Carnival cruise. I've been on 2 NCL cruises and my last cruise was on Celebrity. I too was amazed at how few children there were on board and the ones that were there were so well mannered. I know from reading other reviews that this is not always the case, but it's good to be positive.

I don't mind the work at all - I actually enjoy re-living my cruise through posting these. The lack of children onboard was a HUGE plus for us! You're right though, the handful we came in contact with, you barely noticed (and I ALWAYS notice) because they were well behaved!

I also wanted to add…I’ll be on the Repo cruise at the end of April that goes to Bermuda (with my mom)– so you should be able to catch my photo review of that one too, before you board the Summit in May (assuming I have my stuff together and bust out my review upon the week of our return – we’ll be back on May 4th).

What a great review! I agree Celebrity is my cruise line of choice although I love them all!! I just wish Celebrity would put one of its Solstice Class ships in NJ. They had the Silhouette here for one season, she is one of my favorite ships but she never came back. Boohoo…..

I am also sailing with mapleleafvoyage in May and I too am really looking forward to your repo cruise review. Thanks for sharing your review and pictures with us and Happy Sailing!

You are 100 % right, its not that I don't love children, I just don't love children not being supervised by their parents.

I also wanted to add…I’ll be on the Repo cruise at the end of April that goes to Bermuda (with my mom)– so you should be able to catch my photo review of that one too, before you board the Summit in May (assuming I have my stuff together and bust out my review upon the week of our return – we’ll be back on May 4th).

That is cool my co-worker will also be on this cruise. It will be his first cruise but, he is in his mid 20's and travelling with his family group of 8. So be on the look out for a rowdy group from Prince Edward Island.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

We'll also be on the April repo cruise - and in room 9000, the parallel room to yours. Thanks so much for posting the pics - looks like a great room! Our friends will be on it a couple week prior.

Edited by sshs

We'll also be on the April repo cruise - and in room 9000, the parallel room to yours. Thanks so much for posting the pics - looks like a great room! Our friends will be on it a couple week prior.

I had the Repo cruise booked prior to this past Celebrity cruise (at the time I didn't know how much I would enjoy room 9001) - for the Repo I'm booked in an oceanview room on deck 2. Next year's Summit cruise is the one we booked onboard and booked room 9001 again. Enjoy the room - if you're like us, you'll love the extra space!:)

We're sailing on the Summit in just over 30 days on the same itinerary, really enjoyed your report, thanks so much for taking the time to post and for all the photos!

Hubby's first time cruising, my 4th, 2nd on Celebrity, so we're really looking forward to it after reading all about your adventures!

Thanks again for adding to the excitement!

I have a feeling the 123go promo has attracted a much younger demographic and many new Celebrity cruisers! I have another booked with my mom in April using the promo - and I also booked another next year while onboard using the promo as well (more on that later).

I agree that the promo has probably attracted younger folks. We're two of them! In our mid/late twenties and like you, were a bit worried about the demographic. I totally agree with you that it wasn't a problem at all. We had many late nights and the lounge was going well after we headed back to the cabin. I just wish I could afford to cruise more! If they keep the 1-2-3 promo going we probably won't go on other lines unless the prices are way under X's.

Heather,

Thank you for the information and photos regarding cabin 9001. The same cabin became available for our upcoming Baltic cruise in May aboard a sister ship, the Constellation, and I had been looking everywhere for current information and photos regarding this cabin. We typically book a balcony, but our cruise will be port intensive and the price difference was not worth it. I found several older reports and photos, and also spoke with Celebrity, who told me the cabin is the same size as all oceanview cabins. I had the cabin on hold and was debating with my DH whether to trade it for our existing reservation in the same category on a lower deck, but after seeing your report, we decided to book it. Thanks again.

Dianne

I agree that the promo has probably attracted younger folks. We're two of them! In our mid/late twenties and like you, were a bit worried about the demographic. I totally agree with you that it wasn't a problem at all. We had many late nights and the lounge was going well after we headed back to the cabin. I just wish I could afford to cruise more! If they keep the 1-2-3 promo going we probably won't go on other lines unless the prices are way under X's.

I just wish I had more vacation days to cruise more! I was always under the impression that all the Celebrity cruises were wildly more expensive than what we've paid for our Carnival cruises and while that is the case in most scenarios, I thought the price we paid for this Celebrity cruise was in the same ballpark as to what we're used to paying. I think it helps that the cruises out of San Juan seem to be cheaper than other departure ports. And, when you factor in the 123go promo and what we would typically spend on drinks, it actually saves us money! I'm with you...I really hope that Celebrity continues to offer the promo in the future.

Heather,

Thank you for the information and photos regarding cabin 9001. The same cabin became available for our upcoming Baltic cruise in May aboard a sister ship, the Constellation, and I had been looking everywhere for current information and photos regarding this cabin. We typically book a balcony, but our cruise will be port intensive and the price difference was not worth it. I found several older reports and photos, and also spoke with Celebrity, who told me the cabin is the same size as all oceanview cabins. I had the cabin on hold and was debating with my DH whether to trade it for our existing reservation in the same category on a lower deck, but after seeing your report, we decided to book it. Thanks again.

Dianne

I'm glad I could help! I also had a hard time finding information on this cabin prior to sailing. You can see just by looking at the deckplan that the room's larger than other oceanview rooms. We loved this room! :)

That is cool my co-worker will also be on this cruise. It will be his first cruise but, he is in his mid 20's and travelling with his family group of 8. So be on the look out for a rowdy group from Prince Edward Island.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

That would be a great first cruise - combining both a bit of the Caribbean as well as Bermuda! I'll be on the lookout for them! :)

Heather, thank you very much for the informative review. We are sailing on the Summit on April 12th... same itinerary and also our first Celebrity cruise. We are looking forward to it with great anticipationl, and your pictures and review were fun to read.

Kim

Nice review!! We were on the Summit last April during Spring Break. This was our first Celebrity cruise. We chose it for some new ports.....Grenada and Dominica. We sailed with our teenage children. We had previously sailed quite a few times on Royal Caribbean, Carnival, NCL, and Princess. While we don't care for NCL and Carnival we really liked Royal Caribbean and Princess......until sailing with Celebrity. Even my kids said that Celebrity is their favorite! We have decided to sail Celebrity again this year for Spring Break this time on the Silhouette. My husband and kids climbed the volcano in St Kitts. My husband had climbed it on a previous cruise but said that this time it was MUCH more difficult. Kudos to you for doing it!! We are going to St a Kitts again this year, but no more volcanos. This time it is my turn with the kids and we are going zip lining!! Hope I survive!! Have fun on your future cruises!! I'm sure you will!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for taking the time to post a review with pictures. I appreciated your positive glass half full attitude.

We will be taking our first Celebrity cruise in November. Holland America has been our cruise line of choice in the past as we prefer the older quieter demographics. Our children are grown. I recently took a Carnival cruise and I agree about the passenger profile. I would describe it as Carnival is more of a beer crowd and Celebrity sounds like more of a wine crowd. I loved my Carnival cruise it was just a different vibe.

Looking forward to your next review.

Heather, commented on your thread on the port of call board for St Martin?

Thanks Wallie! I'm checking it out now! It's so hard to keep up with posts without showing all of your previous threads in the search bar! :)

Thanks Wallie! I'm checking it out now! It's so hard to keep up with posts without showing all of your previous threads in the search bar! :)

Find the 'Quick Links' tab next to the 'Log Out' top right. Under 'miscellaneous' you will see the 'Subscribed Threads' tab. Click it and every thread you have posted on will come up. There will be a time you will need to check off some and go to the tab at the bottom and 'delete' following them.