I don't "get" wristlets. Please enlighten me!

magandab

Well maybe that's what you carry in yours, but my wristlet is better, my camera is fancier, my lipstick is way prettier, and my dog has rescued more people than yours. I can't tuck mine under my thigh because my thighs are WAY too small for that. :D

You're so cheeky.:D

Seriously, I've been shopping on ebay this evening for Dooney & Bourke and Coach wristlets and finding lots of super cheap deals. I think I have about 25 on my wishlist. Ha! D&B has some really neat patterns. I already own a couple of theirs, but I want more. Ugh! This is addictive.

I have a cute Dooney and Bourke that I've used when off the ship. It's a tad bigger than the ones I take to dinner. My sister just sent me a sequined one that would be good for formal night but it had a surprise inside, little sequined flats to wear when your heels, or whatever shoes you're wearing, start to hurt.:) Then you have to carry the hurtin' shoes but it's better than going barefoot.

Oh no, you just gave me the idea to bid for wristlets on eBay. Curse you LrgPizza!!!!! :D:D:D Walt may need to get a second job with all of my shopping.

Lisa

Beer is responsible for all gramatical errors and misspellings ;)

Your tagline/signature cracks me up!

Hey, are you the one who just outbid me at the last second?! ;)

Your tagline/signature cracks me up!

Another cheeky one and it has nothing to do with bum cheeks.:D

Hey, are you the one who just outbid me at the last second?! ;)

Looks like we have a convert, now we just need Amy to come over to the other side.

I was cursing LrgPizza last night because that's all I wanted for dinner, a LARGE pizza.:D

Edited by iheartbda

Looks like we have a convert, now we just need Amy to come over to the other side.

I was cursing LrgPizza last night because that's all I wanted for dinner, a LARGE pizza.:D

Haha!

True confessions time. I've been looking at them..... Sigh, you are eeeeevil

True confessions time. I've been looking at them..... Sigh, you are eeeeevil

LOL, you'll never know until you try one. Just be sure to take it off before reaching for a glass of wine.:D

As long as we're in the confessional, I bought a lanyard to wear daytime and I liked it.

LOL, you'll never know until you try one. Just be sure to take it off before reaching for a glass of wine.:D

As long as we're in the confessional,I bought a lanyard to wear daytime and I liked it.

Okay, here's mine: I sometimes dangle my lanyard from my wrist, and I like it.

I'm not really a wristlet convert. I use them a lot. Mostly when I don't want to carry the ginormous purses that are typically my style. I have several wristlets and crossbodies that I use about equally.

I don't 'get' wristlets either, but everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I have a hubby who likes me to carry his stuff! And I always need a tissue and never have pockets. (Recently my 4-year-old granddaughter needed a tissue and her mama went to reach for one, and she said, "I have one!" and pulled it out of the top of her shirt. Hanging with grandma too much??? :D ) Perhaps I should try a wristlet before I judge it as being not for me. I usually use a crossbody bag during the day, and a clutch with chain and hanging thingy at night.

I also don't 'get' the attacks on ducklite. Good on you for doing such a great thing for charity, ducklite! Don't let the haters get to you. Bet they'd all be horrified at what is worn at non-themed races too. Shrug. Those who can do. And you are obviously a do-er. Way to go!

Robin

I've been using a lanyard for years. It's actually a dog training whistle lanyard. I hate hate hate carrying anything in my hands if I don't have to.

I know have a wish list of wristlets. CURSES to you both!

Hey Missy, YOU started the thread.:D If ever there was a case of, "be careful for what you wish for", this is it. You wanted enlightenment and apparently you got enlightened. LOL Show us what you have you eye on.:)

I got this one at TJMaxx for $19.99.

http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Primary/Handbags_And_Accessories/Shop/HandbagsWallets/Clutches/PRD~2601315H2LAA030/Pebble+Wristlet.jsp?cm_mmc=CSE-_-Shopping-_-Handbags_And_Accessories>Shop>HandbagsWallets>Clutches-_-0438504240798&CA_6C15C=500001660000563173

Amy, no need to apologize, you came over to the other side.:)

I have the Dooney and Bourke in this print. It's just a little bigger so I sometimes use it off the ship rather than using a cross body bag.

$_103.JPG?set_id=8800005007

It matches a D&B barrel bag I have.

Speaking of cross body bags, aren't they what we just used to call shoulder bags and if somesome wore the should strap across their body, people thought they were a dork?:D

Nice choices, Lisa.

Edited by iheartbda

I love my wristlets and think running for charity in undies is a cute idea. Certainly not offensive. We have similar charity runs down here and no one bats an eyelid.

Mind you, we don't wear uggh boots in public down under either.

Edited by Pushka

I've just purchases 2 new wristlets on eBay, and another on Amazon. At this time I'd like to ask the moderator to please close this thread. If you guys keep this up, I won't be able to afford my vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm still trying to figure out how to justify the silver Coach wristlet I posted earlier. Not only does this need to close, we need memory erasers!

I love that one. You should buy it. When I get back to my laptop later I'll post pics of the ones I just bought. One is a black/silver Coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think the concept of whether or not you get wristlets depends on what you're used to. I use mine ALL the time at home & have many in varying sizes/colors. At home I always keep cash, credit cards, keys, etc inside of it. While I'm cruising I wouldn't dream of going without it! I usually take 2 different larger ones on my cruise. During the cruise, it will house my camera, sail n sign card, cash, any identification & typically a lip gloss or balm. I'm so used to it dangling on my wrist when I run errands, etc that I don't even notice it when walking around on the cruiseship. At dinner, I place it on my lap or next to me. I don't typically dance onboard, so I can't comment on what to do in those situations. I think this is one of those things where everyone has a hard opinion of it. Personally, I don't "get" why people would use the lanyard and a sail n sign card! To each, their own... :D