Best Plan for Europe 2015

Justprettynpink

Should I book as soon the itinerary comes out and then watch for price drops or wait closer to next summer?

Pros/Cons?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who book for Europe 2014 last year when the itineraries came out or from someone who has been watching prices.

Thanks so much!

We booked our current EQ cruise in June of last year. The prices have only risen across the board. I think a lot depends on the popularity of the itinerary. Ours was popular. I would book and then watch for price drops. Also just as important, air has also risen in price.

Edited by cruisingator2

We are booked on the Reflection, May 23rd 10 day Med cruise. We booked last year and the price has gone up significantly since then, about $800 pp for an AQ cabin. All other categories are up as well. That is just our experience, of course, but we also got our choice of cabins (we are traveling with another couple) and got an early start on airfare which has also gone up since we booked. Plus, since we are in the US (and I see you are as well), you can always ask for a price reduction if it goes down prior to final payment (although you can lose perks this way but that is another topic.)

Edited by cynbar

Yes, Book now! If a cheaper option comes available you can always cancel and rebook as long as it is before final payment. We booked our Eclipse Holiday cruise in October of last year and it is still 10+ months away. Prices have gone up 50% since then for our room.

We booked when cruise was first announced for our June 2014 trip. Prices have gone up and down. We got a significant drop last Nov. but that was just before a 123 promotion showed up. That seems to be the trend. For what we saved for the two of us we can buy a significant amount of drinks for what they raised the price to cover. We are more than happy with our price drop and the fact we got the stateroom that we wanted.:)

Book as soon as bookings open, if you have set dates or a particular itinerary in mind. My experience so far on European cruises is 3 did nothing but go up and the other went up slightly but about 3 months out we saved about $2200 by giving up our C3 for a guaranteed Concierge and got better cabins than we gave up, in our case an aft C1. Currently watching #4 which has gone up $400pp since we booked, but final payment isn't until July 1 so still hoping.