Pushy PPV and sales calls!!! Enough already.

rnff2

I also keep getting calls from a PVP that I didn't use. Yes, constant phone calls but i just stopped answering when she calls. I didn't notice if it happens after I go on the web site. I went on yesterday and today, so I shall see!

Take your phone number off your profile or put in a fake #

I would expect that type of answer from you. Send it to someone elses number and let them get the calls?

OP, I agree remove your number from your profile until you actually book a cruise. Or don't log in to the site when you are just visiting.

But something to think about. I imagine what you consider a pushy pvp is probably just a guy trying to hold on to his job. A job he only keeps if he meets his monthly quota. You said your husband was out of work for a while, so you know how not having a job goes.

I would expect that type of answer from you. Send it to someone elses number and let them get the calls?

OP, I agree remove your number from your profile until you actually book a cruise. Or don't log in to the site when you are just visiting.

But something to think about. I imagine what you consider a pushy pvp is probably just a guy trying to hold on to his job. A job he only keeps if he meets his monthly quota. You said your husband was out of work for a while, so you know how not having a job goes.

No put in the local time and tempature number or a fax machine why the snarky remark towards me?

Getting pretty ticked off with Carnival. Every time I log onto CCL website I get a sales call. It is getting ridiculous. This last time, I was just getting a phone number to order my sister a birthday surprise (she is on the Breeze this week). i tell him I am not ready to book. I told him my husband just went back to work after 8 months home, we have 2 kids in college and catching up on hospital bills from our sons recent cancer treatments. I can no way book anything at this time. Both me and my husband have asked him not to keep calling and he is wondering why I am loosing patience with him. He not only calls my house and leaves messages, he calls my cell and leaves messages there too. Enough already!!!

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is this guy just a pushy PVP? I have never even used this guy. I had someone different with my last booking.

Never had a problem with them calling me and im always checking on cruise prices.

I wonder if it's the same guy who always contacts me. He calls then emails. This happens to me every time I go to Carnival.com and other sites owned by them. I knew my ex-husband was going on a cruise before his wife did. How? He checked out the prices on carnival.com and carnival still had my number connected to him so they called ME to pressure him into booking. He was flabbergasted when I inquired whether or not he was going on a cruise. He incredulously asked me, "how did you know?" and I told him they called me to try to complete the booking. :rolleyes:

I like to dream about my next cruise. 19 times out of 20, when I go to a cruise lines website, I'm just browsing and dreaming and hoping to find an amazing deal that I can afford. Each time I go to carnival or NCL's website, they call me. I just ignore it and don't answer. I finally did book a cruise a few weeks ago and contacted the guy who always calls through email. I wanted to ask why I was given no discount or upgrade for being a repeat cruiser. I gave my full booking information and instead of answering my questions, he just called again. If I wanted to speak to him I would have called. He then emailed saying he just called but never did answer my questions. I had to write to Carnival for answers.

Edited by Cruisepugs
spelling

This is true.

I had a wonderful pvp for five years and they disappeared her.

Then I got another and when I started to like him they disappeared him too.

Getting pretty ticked off with Carnival. Every time I log onto CCL website I get a sales call. It is getting ridiculous. This last time, I was just getting a phone number to order my sister a birthday surprise (she is on the Breeze this week). i tell him I am not ready to book. I told him my husband just went back to work after 8 months home, we have 2 kids in college and catching up on hospital bills from our sons recent cancer treatments. I can no way book anything at this time. Both me and my husband have asked him not to keep calling and he is wondering why I am loosing patience with him. He not only calls my house and leaves messages, he calls my cell and leaves messages there too. Enough already!!!

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is this guy just a pushy PVP? I have never even used this guy. I had someone different with my last booking.

I had someone who was persistent and called every time I checked prices...Finally told him that if I was interested in booking, I would do so through the website (which is what I had done for the previous 4 or 5 cruises), and NOT through him. The calls did stop, but the emails did not.

I went in and edited my profile to reflect the PVP's email address and Carnival's phone number.

Calls and emails stopped immediately. I change it back when I have a cruise booked, but once we have sailed, I change it back to Carnival info again.

Worked for me.

I want to comment on the PVP comments. I understand your fustration. I was a PVP for 7+ years. People who log on to the website show up as recurring leads. A PVP HAS to call those leads within the day. If they don't they lose those leads in their data base and also will be penalized and not receive new leads. The pressure on PVP's is immense. It used to be a fun job but the current management team only cares about their bonus. The turn around for this job is crazy. I was there for 7+ years...missed my sales quota one month...didn't make the difference up over the top of the quota for the next month. I got let go. So much for appreciating your employees...take it easy on the PVP"S..they are just trying to keep their jobs

I want to comment on the PVP comments. I understand your fustration. I was a PVP for 7+ years. People who log on to the website show up as recurring leads. A PVP HAS to call those leads within the day. If they don't they lose those leads in their data base and also will be penalized and not receive new leads. The pressure on PVP's is immense. It used to be a fun job but the current management team only cares about their bonus. The turn around for this job is crazy. I was there for 7+ years...missed my sales quota one month...didn't make the difference up over the top of the quota for the next month. I got let go. So much for appreciating your employees...take it easy on the PVP"S..they are just trying to keep their jobs

Same pressure as any salesperson. ABC, always be closing. You chose the profession so don't be upset when we don't like you bothering us all the time. Your sales numbers are your problem, not mine.

I live on Carnival.com :eek:

I know, I know... but once I book a cruise, I log in all the time to look at shore excursion reviews, check for price drops, etc.

I have never received a callback after going on the website.

Edited by 305diva

Your sales numbers are your problem, not mine.

Because the sales number are their problem, they have to make these phone calls. You may feel annoyed and hang up, but someone will be receiving that phone call at the right moment when they are ready to book a cruise. And that's how they get their numbers.

I've had the same PVP for 10 years and he's a great friend of mine which I've had since I lived in South Florida many years ago. He LOVES being a PVP and has bypassed promotions and jobs at other companies simply because he can make more money as a senior PVP. But it is a sales job and he's felt the stress of not making his numbers more than once, and more junior PVP's can feel the pressure even more.

He's told me that it would be so much easier for everybody if people just answered the phone and said "I'm not interested and don't call me again". Less aggravation for the guest, and that way he can mark them accordingly and move on, instead of wasting his and their time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Our PVP told us he has to call so he knows I just ignore the call unless I know we have to speak. I am happy we have one that cares about us and his job.