Jewel Bookings out of Houston 10/11/14-4/11/15

WildcatRock

We're on the Jewel this Nov 22 and have been watching the bookings and pricing and noticed that from 10/11/14 - 4/11/15, 16 weeks are no longer available for booking/sold out. I noticed this on another website that tracks bookings and went to the NCL website to see if these weeks were gone, and they are. I assume they're not sold out as all weeks were available for booking just a couple weeks ago. What's weird is that starting with the 1/17/15 sailing, every other week is showing as fully booked.

Does anyone know what's up with the Jewel? Why these weeks are being shown as fully booked? It's just weird that all of these weeks are now showing booked and really weird that it's every other week after 1/17/15.

We are booked out of Houston 10\18\14 and I found out we will be the second time the Jewel or NCL has sailed out of Houston. What I am worried about is Embarking from Bayport and the check in People will not know what they are doing. It can be a mess. Had that happen at Ballentyne in Vancouver. Hours!!!:eek:

We are booked out of Houston 10\18\14 and I found out we will be the second time the Jewel or NCL has sailed out of Houston. What I am worried about is Embarking from Bayport and the check in People will not know what they are doing. It can be a mess. Had that happen at Ballentyne in Vancouver. Hours!!!:eek:

I was looking at the port site last night and it seems that Princess (?) has been sailing out of that port so they should have a clue.

I'm bringing the Jewel into Houston from California via the Panama Canal :)

I was looking at the port site last night and it seems that Princess (?) has been sailing out of that port so they should have a clue.

I'm bringing the Jewel into Houston from California via the Panama Canal :)

We appreciate you bringing the Jewel to Houston! :) We are really looking forward to cruising on her in November.

Thanks to all who replied - I noticed not too long after I posted that they had opened those weeks back up and all they were doing was adjusting her itinerary to alternate between Roatan and the Banana Coast. Now the next big question - has anyone been to the Banana Coast? What's it like?

We are on the 10/11/14 cruise so we'll REALLY be the guinea pigs. Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly!

We appreciate you bringing the Jewel to Houston! :) We are really looking forward to cruising on her in November.

Thanks to all who replied - I noticed not too long after I posted that they had opened those weeks back up and all they were doing was adjusting her itinerary to alternate between Roatan and the Banana Coast. Now the next big question - has anyone been to the Banana Coast? What's it like?

No, there have been quite a few posting about this new port. Seems like it has potential, but no one knows yet. Let us know your thoughts if you go.

Dorothy B..the Panama Canal is a great Cruise. I did it in October into Miami on the Star. We sailed from San Pedro in LA. One of the Cruisers on that Roll call is joining me on this Cruise.

Towerorchard....I hope they do learn from The Princess Cruises but I am not sure how long Princess has been sailing out of Bayport. I remember looking back at Ballentyne Vancouver and saw 2000 Cruisers behind me and we waited over an hour for them to start checking us in. :eek:

• 5 months later...

Hello All,

I cruised out of the Port of Houston on the Caribean Princess in January and embarkation was a breeze. The staff are awesome! However, on our return, the fog was so thick they wouldn't let us port. We sat in the Gulf for 5 hours. I loved it but I doubt the people waiting to get on were not too happy. Parking is easy and safe. $80 for the week or $75 for advance reservation.

I just paid the balance on our condo at Banana Beach Resort in Honduras. We are so excited about Trujillo. The beaches look beautiful and haven't been run over by tourists yet. We have booked the 3 bedroom condo with hot tub and mini bar on the roof terrace at The Banana Beach Resort with 3 pools, restaurant, bar, beach, etc. etc. We booked the condo for the night before so we can check in as soon as we get to port. They have a shuttle picking us up at the pier. Since we have an inside cabin on the Jewel the luxury of the condo and regular sized bathrooms will be nice. It's going to cost $200 for 6 people to enjoy the day. So $30 each for the excursion!!!!

www.bananabeachbums.com

@tanyaheart

Is there a place for people to drop off and pick up at Bayport? I'm planning on my stepmom taking us to and picking us up from there. If not, where's the closest place?

Thanks!

Edited by GrabMyWrist

@tanyaheart

Is there a place for people to drop off and pick up at Bayport? I'm planning on my stepmom taking us to and picking us up from there. If not, where's the closest place?

Thanks!

I had friends that were dropped off so yes, that can be done.

NCL used to cruise out of Houston. We sailed from there in 2005. Was that a different port??

Edited by NMLady

Yes NMLady. They now sail out of Bayport, which is an old NEW facility. It was built around 08 and sat empty for a long while. It's actually located in Pasadena and you more than likely sailed from Galveston.

Edited by GrabMyWrist

NCL used to cruise out of Houston. We sailed from there in 2005. Was that a different port??

Yes. It was a different port. Or possibly the same, but with a different name. We sailed out of Houston in 2004 on the Sea.

We are on the PC cruise, too! So excited to have NCL back in Houston. We sailed out of there twic. Once on the Sun after Katrina had closed the NO pier for several months, and on the Sea when NCL was doing the Texaribbean. It was basically a warehouse and had limited parking and seating in the waiting area but it was fine. I am sure that they will have some growing pains, but have had enough experience with Princess to be fine. We are so glad to have a port a little closer to home. This takes about thirty minutes off our drive.

Very few ships have called on Trujillo yet so yes, there will be some problems. Honduras is a beautiful place and still very rustic. If you want a little America experience like Cozumel, then you will likely be disappointed. But if you want unspoiled vistas with warm, loving people, then you will like Trujillo. We spend a good deal of time doing mission work in Honduras so I for one am looking forward to Banana Coast.

Good deal on that overnight condo!

We are scheduled on the 13 December Cruise. We've been out of Houston twice and this new facility looks great with plenty of close by parking. Excited to see Banana Coast as a stop. Please you folks that go there in November put a review out there and let us know what to expect.

Here's the site if you're interested. http://www.portofhouston.com/cruise-information/

BTW, if you have Disabled Veterans tags on your car, parking is free.

Enjoy you cruises.

We also cruised with NCL out of the old Houston port and yes this is a new port a few miles from the old one and much nicer. We went out of there 3 times last year and early this year on Princess and loved it! Parking is a bit high at $75 prepay but worth it to have your car right there and not a shuttle bus away. You can drop off and pick up people. Hubby actually dropped me and the luggage off which is not necessary but was nice as there are a lot of porters just waiting to help you with your luggage. Lots of taxis lined up when you get off if wanting to get to the airport but heard someone complain that the taxis did not want to take you to a hotel to pick up your car that some people used to park for free as they could make more money on the airport runs...