Vision of the Seas Questions

djfrickman

So, I have just booked a cruise on Vision of the Seas for May 3-8, 2014. We are exited that it is just three months away, however, have never traveled on this class ship.

I was wondering if this ship has a night club like the Catacombs on Liberty of the Seas.

Also, is there a good comedy show on this ship.

If anyone can attach some menus from this ship and possibly some things to do in Key West for my DW and I. We want to go to the beach but need some input on what beaches are the best.

Thanks

So, I have just booked a cruise on Vision of the Seas for May 3-8, 2014. We are exited that it is just three months away, however, have never traveled on this class ship.

I was wondering if this ship has a night club like the Catacombs on Liberty of the Seas.

Also, is there a good comedy show on this ship.

If anyone can attach some menus from this ship and possibly some things to do in Key West for my DW and I. We want to go to the beach but need some input on what beaches are the best.

Thanks

We are on Vision right after you.. May 12,2014. We have not been on either..so I'm also interested in hearing any information.. :)

The nightclub for dancing on the Vision will be in the Viking Crown Lounge which IMHO is a much better venue than the Catacombs on Liberty since you have floor to ceiling windows in the VCL.

As for the comedy shows.. it all depends on the comedians they book. You have a 50/50 chance of it being good. ;) IMHO the only really funny comedians I've seen on RCCL in a long time have been in the Comedy Clubs on Oasis and Allure and I think a lot of it had to do with it being an Adults Only venue and the comedians didn't have to censor their material or topics. Even though they run an "Adults Only" comedy show in the main theatre, a lot of people will ignore the "Adults Only" notice and bring their kids, so the comedians seem to hold back from their normal routine. Only on 2 different cruises did I see them perform no holds barred with kids in the audience.

Vision is a great ship.. I've sailed her a dozen times since she came out in 1998 and never had a bad cruise. I've not yet sailed her since her refurb, however I'm booked on her 10 night Bermuda in Aug. and I'm most looking forward to the newly added specialty restaurants.

The menus will be standard RCCL, so if you can expect the MDR food to be similar to what you had on Liberty, unless you sailed prior to Liberty getting the new menus they introduced last year.

Edited by Loyal2RCCL

I am back on board Vision in October, it will be my 3 red time on board Vision- but back in 1998 and 1999 cruising was still quite a fairly new thing. I really loved those Vision- Class ships- on every twist and turn one is connected to sea, almost every bar and public room have floor to ceeling windows. Wonderful light and airie feeling! That all has changed since Voyager Class came out- and I fear it has gotten worse with Freedom and Oasis Class, many public lounges are inside- with view´s in side! LOL!

Has anyone any idea were the smoking area´s on board may be?

Thanks

There's a link in my sig for my review from last Feb. However, that was before Vision got her dry-dock refit last fall so some of the information is now obsolete. Still, it should give you at least some answers.

FWIW, I find that the service on the smaller ships has a tendency to be better than the larger. YMMV. :)