Forgotten wedding ring on Rhapsody :(

My husband lost his wedding ring while we were diving at St. Lucia. It slipped off somehow. Somewhere in the beautiful reefs that we swam over his ring is lodged. He did not tell me until we were back on the ship. When we got home, he picked out a new one. Sometimes it is wise to remove a wedding ring and put it in the safe.

I agree with people who have said that most things left in cabins are probably thrown away. Maybe not jewelry, though, or the contents of the safe.

We accidently left my snorkel fins under the bed up near the wall and called RCI about it, but they did not find them. I imagine they were thrown out, but why would they keep them? I imagine most people don't call or e-mail unless it is something of value. I guess people forget all kinds of things, and the ones without value are thrown out

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all!

Hoping you can help. We were on Rhapsody of he Seas feb 1st - 11th. We arrived home Tuesday night exhausted, got up Wednesdaymorning and hubby went to go to work, realised his wedding ring was still in the safe onboard Rhapsody! We have called Royal in Sydney and they said they get a lost and found list that night and woul left us know. We called back Thursday morning and his ring was not on the list. We asked them to contact the ship to ask about having the safe rechecked a d the guy in Sydney said he would email. Thursday night we decided to ring the ship ourselves. Spoke to guest services and they checked and said no rings had been found. I asked if it was possible to recheck the safe and they said the room had guests and naturally their privacy policy says not to open guests safes. I asked if they could ask the guests staying in the room to check and his answer is no.

The only explanation we have as to where his ring is is the safe. We are guessing it rolled towards the back/sides and he just didn't see it when we checked the safe (he said he forgot to run his hand around like he normally does and it was still dark when we emptied the safe). What can we do??? Does any one have experience in this area? I know there is a cruise critic member onboard who also sailed with us as he is doing a back to back - I have written to him in our roll call thread asking him to contact me and hope he sees it prior to the end of the cruise.

Any suggestions? If it was a bracelet or earrings or something I wouldn't worry as much but hubby is very upset about forgetting his wedding ring :(

Thanks in advance!

Any news - good or bad?

Hope you get good news. Pray to Saint Anthony. Even if that isn't your thing believe me he helps. Patron Saint of things lost. Re check all pockets corners of all luggage even if it's empty and put away re look. Wish you well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope you get your ring back. I misplaced an earring in the safe once and it also was lodged under the mat in the front of the safe. I now put all the small things in a plastic bag or container and put that in the safe. Works great if you are not putting a lot in the safe. Please let us know the end results.

I have always worried about loosing some of my jewelry in the safe, :eek: so, I take one of the small water glasses provided in the cabin and put my rings and small earrings into the glass (if I am too lazy to put them back into my jewelry roll) and then put the glass in the safe! ;) I also do not wear my jewelry when I am sleeping so this Jewelry Glass comes in handy in the cabin as well. Just a thought.

Go for it.... You are on vacation to be as comfortable as you can. Remember, it is not very likely you will ever see anyone you see on the cruise again. :)

No way! We met some lovely people on our 3rd trip and have sailed on two more cruises with them! Might not have happened if I had left the bra at home :eek: Maybe if I was 20 again ;)