Just off Voyager of the Seas

We were on deck 10 too. Did you notice the smell in the hallways? We assumed it would go when the old carpet was ripped up. Unfortunately it stayed even once the new carpet went down. We thought the sloshing of that solution on the walls could have caused a mould issue but also could be done to mask the smell.

you maybe right about masking the smell with the sloshing. the hall way had nothing on our cabin some days, I would spray my perfume around the cabin to mask the smell this became an expensive fix. We had to pick up some room freshener in VIC but the smell at times was bigger than the room freshener. I think there is something growing on deck 10 and 9 also. I failed to check under the bed maybe there was a dead passenger under there. I know!!!!! that is where couple that jumped over board have been hiding.

That sounds just awful. I'm so sorry some of you had such a terrible experience.

For the 1st time ever, I'm actually not looking forward our cruise on Voyager in a few weeks. Having been the victim of Noro on Princess in December (and I was super careful with washing hands etc...) the memory is still fresh in my mind.

If I could, I think would actually cancel my cruise :(

Don't do that, just keep washing your hands it really is no more risky than ridding on an escalator in the shopping centre. What makes it nasty are the bad smells but that is magnified because of the closed corridors. Keep away from Chinese in the Windjammer it is a culture thing they spit on the floor regardless of where they are - it is mainly the peasants from the country that do it nowadays since the Olympics the Chinese government has been running advertisements about NO SPITTING IN PUBLIC PLACES. I had to report two couples during the height of the outbreak for spitting on the floor in the Windjammer restaurant.

Thanks CarmenNSW. I won't be cancelling but I'm still not bursting with excitement like I usually am. Of course our cabin just also happens to be on level 10!!!!

Will watch out for the spitting. Will be avoiding the buffet as much as possible to try & minimise risk. But as you say, could pick it up anywhere really.

Thanks CarmenNSW. I won't be cancelling but I'm still not bursting with excitement like I usually am. Of course our cabin just also happens to be on level 10!!!!

Will watch out for the spitting. Will be avoiding the buffet as much as possible to try & minimise risk. But as you say, could pick it up anywhere really.

Once you see this beauty sitting in the harbour you will be bursting to get on board. passengers boarding after we disembarked were not allowed to board until after 3pm instead of the 11am. that was because they were going to do a thorough deep clean and sanitisation of the ship. You watch you will get on there and it will be all spick and span. I think part of the problem is that all persons are off by 8am and the new lot are boarding by 11am that doesn't give the poor crew much time to get the ship in ship shape condition pardon the pun. In the olden days there like 10 year ago they would have a 24 hour layoff to clean the ship now that doesn't happen and this practice will bite them in the ass literally (another one I'm firing this morning).. Enjoy the majestic beauty of this beautiful ship that has sadly been lacking a good clean, don't get me wrong all the places you see look clean but it is not as clean and the Radiance now that was a clean ship people cleaning and polishing all day, come to think of it we didn't see that type of activity on the Voyger Hence the underlying problem.

Edited by CamenNSW

Hot Chilli message me and I can give the contact of the product we have used to years.

Jill:)

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers

Practicality wise and for health reasons I would not suggest wiping your hands with kitchen wipes for a long period. The foaming, non alcohol hand sanitizer should have the ingredient. Try the company hands first.

Off topic who is the current cruise director on voyager now Luke arrowsmith is on holidays?

The cruise director for the next 3 months is Bobby ( dont know his last name)who used to be cruise director on the Radiance.

We were on deck 10 and never had any smell even from the new carpet.The only problem we had was that my sandal stuck to the floor and when I pulled it up it broke the stitching on the strap.But RCCL sewed it back together for me, so no complaints there.We did not get sick at all and had a great time and met some great people and we are booked on her again next year for the repositioning to Asia.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Cruises thanks for the heads up on the somewhat nasties on board, We are on deck 10 aft 1688, nice cabin, and are taking on-board wipes and Glen 20, spray all surfaces and let dry over a beer:)

So Chilli if you smell anything odd, knock on our door and well go all Sherlock Homes on it.

Is the better option not to eat at the Buff....too many snouts in the trough

:eek:

Looking forward to cruising on the Voyager, Bugs, spitting Chinese, big swells aside, the coral sea can kick up a swell.

But that's what Long Island Ice Tea's are for:rolleyes:

Slight swells, no noro, and L I I T all round..........Scott:)

Hi Cruises thanks for the heads up on the somewhat nasties on board, We are on deck 10 aft 1688, nice cabin, and are taking on-board wipes and Glen 20, spray all surfaces and let dry over a beer:)

So Chilli if you smell anything odd, knock on our door and well go all Sherlock Homes on it.

Is the better option not to eat at the Buff....too many snouts in the trough

:eek:

Looking forward to cruising on the Voyager, Bugs, spitting Chinese, big swells aside, the coral sea can kick up a swell.

But that's what Long Island Ice Tea's are for:rolleyes:

Slight swells, no noro, and L I I T all round..........Scott:)

Hey scott that's my mum and dad's cabin for the 27th march departure! Had to book 18 months out to get it :-) glad you will be cleaning it thoroughly for them lol!

Hey Mady you must have good taste too:D, We booked 12 months out for 1688, its a fav rave with the cognoscente;) it proves to get what you want get in early.

We'll leave it ship shape and no remnants of the Sydney sail away party, all unwanted guests should have left by the 27.3.14.:eek:

Tell your folks to have a good time.............Scott...Land of Oz

I was also on the tassie trip. Our stateroom. was forward deck 7 , 7220, great room no smell and very quiet. No sickness down our end. I asked the cabin steward and he said deck 7 aft was the most affected with the virus. I loved voyager and would go on her again in a heartbeat.

I was also on the tassie trip. Our stateroom. was forward deck 7 , 7220, great room no smell and very quiet. No sickness down our end. I asked the cabin steward and he said deck 7 aft was the most affected with the virus. I loved voyager and would go on her again in a heartbeat.[/

I have been looking forward since I booked in October but today i ve been so worried. ....i was so worried about this smell , noro etc.... You gave me hope it will good cabin...We will be in 7219 cabin embarking on 27th...i hope these virus will be gone on my trip

Edited by Piayah

Hey Mady you must have good taste too:D, We booked 12 months out for 1688, its a fav rave with the cognoscente;) it proves to get what you want get in early.

We'll leave it ship shape and no remnants of the Sydney sail away party, all unwanted guests should have left by the 27.3.14.:eek:

Tell your folks to have a good time.............Scott...Land of Oz

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So your the one whom got 1688 for the cruise on the 27/2!!!! Meant to be the best cabin I've been watching to see if it became available for the last 10 months. We got 7688 which has the bigger balcony but not the JS sized room nor the unobstructed views.

Hope you love 1688

I was also on the tassie trip. Our stateroom. was forward deck 7 , 7220, great room no smell and very quiet. No sickness down our end. I asked the cabin steward and he said deck 7 aft was the most affected with the virus. I loved voyager and would go on her again in a heartbeat.

Great we are on level 7 aft. Hoping glen 20 is used in bulk over the next week.

So your the one whom got 1688 for the cruise on the 27/2!!!! Meant to be the best cabin I've been watching to see if it became available for the last 10 months. We got 7688 which has the bigger balcony but not the JS sized room nor the unobstructed views.

Hope you love 1688

Hey esilef when you feel sad about not getting the 1688 cabin on the 27th /2 think about us on the 27/3 we are 1675 inside cabin with 2adukts and two children. Thank god I booked mum and dad in 1688 so we can escape to their balcony !!!!

Hey esilef when you feel sad about not getting the 1688 cabin on the 27th /2 think about us on the 27/3 we are 1675 inside cabin with 2adukts and two children. Thank god I booked mum and dad in 1688 so we can escape to their balcony !!!!

Me thinks you are going to have to spend heaps if time in your parents room!

Inside rooms are great if you don't spend anytime in the room.

I take offence at that - this is the first time ever that I have posted a negative post about any cruise.....and I do think other cruisers need to be aware of that problem on the Voyager - and to be aware of the poor way in which it was was handled!

No need to take offence .... (or shoot the messenger) I am simply stating facts and agreeing with another post by Gold Coast Cruiser.

If you go through this thread and count up how many negative posts to positive posts, I think you will find that my comment is very true that "threads like these attract people with negative posts".

Not having a potshot at you Annenic, just saying it how it is.

I'm sorry but the mention of a particular race spitting is offensive and very generic. Not all Chinese are from rural areas of china which yes are more accustomed to a habit of spitting, which I don't condone it is disgusting! However the reference of all Chinese being avoided is absurd, not all Chinese are Chinese nationals many live in other parts of world also including Australia who are very westernised. Do not judge a book by their appearance, it just happened that you encountered some unhygienic ones. Some countries from Asia are extremely hygienic more so than western countries sometimes eg. Singapore. And might I add are very friendly lovely people, who don't deserve to be discriminated in such a fashion, take the time to get to know them and you'll find they have a lot to bring to the table. Rather than worrying about stepping on dirty floor. That's my white faced 2 cents worth, lol!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm sorry but the mention of a particular race spitting is offensive and very generic. Not all Chinese are from rural areas of china which yes are more accustomed to a habit of spitting, which I don't condone it is disgusting! However the reference of all Chinese being avoided is absurd, not all Chinese are Chinese nationals many live in other parts of world also including Australia who are very westernised. Do not judge a book by their appearance, it just happened that you encountered some unhygienic ones. Some countries from Asia are extremely hygienic more so than western countries sometimes eg. Singapore. And might I add are very friendly lovely people, who don't deserve to be discriminated in such a fashion, take the time to get to know them and you'll find they have a lot to bring to the table. Rather than worrying about stepping on dirty floor. That's my white faced 2 cents worth, lol!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree. Stereotyping a race is a form of racial vilification, and not welcome.

Esi, after our Aft JS on our Alaska cruise and now our first Oz cruise we had to ease back into reality:eek:

Bit over a week out, looking forward to it all, we are with a big group that has cruised bulk times so it should be fun:D

Some one is getting ansy about Orientals, to quote Bill Spears "I Think they Doth Protest To Much",

Ill have a long Island Ice Tea, with added long island....Scott