Price Drop Guarantee

Freddyboy

First time with Princess....do they have a price drop guarantee...difference to OBC or reduction in final payment

I know the spin...book early to have choice of cabin etc....

Any advice welcome...thank you:cool:

Edited by Freddyboy

You can generally get a price reduction before the final payment date. After the final payment, some folks have reported getting either an onboard credit or a reduction or an upgrade, while others have reported not getting anything other than "sorry."

I just called yesterday because I saw on Cruise Critic's new Price Drop tool that my cruise was 300 less. The person I spoke to at Princess was very helpful and since I had already made my final payment they credited my credit card back $300. I was told they don't do OBC...don't know why but fine its still $300 back to me.

Good Luck

Note that you are UK based Freddyboy, well our experience with a May 2014 cruise has been 100% positive.

We booked early, last May, because DW needs an accessible cabin and as a result paid a high price. However I noticed 2 price drops in newspaper ads, one in Nov 13 and another this Jan, Princess via my TA honoured both and we have ended up with a 40% reduction on the original price, for 3 cabins including 3 children.

Needless to say we will be checking out their 2015 UK sailings as soon as they are announced.

• 3 weeks later...
Typically Princess will refare your booking after final payment as long as it's not a promo for new bookings only. You always have to ask, they won't reprice if the fare goes down unless you ask.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

How can you tell it is a fare for new bookings only? I have a cruise booked and have called them twice only to be told it is for new bookings. Is there somewhere I am no looking? Other cruise lines are pretty obvious. I haven't sailed Princess in a while. Thanks, Dena

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How can you tell it is a fare for new bookings only? I have a cruise booked and have called them twice only to be told it is for new bookings. Is there somewhere I am no looking? Other cruise lines are pretty obvious. I haven't sailed Princess in a while. Thanks, Dena

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You can't, either your TA can see the info or you have to call Princess.

Note that you are UK based Freddyboy, well our experience with a May 2014 cruise has been 100% positive.

We booked early, last May, because DW needs an accessible cabin and as a result paid a high price. However I noticed 2 price drops in newspaper ads, one in Nov 13 and another this Jan, Princess via my TA honoured both and we have ended up with a 40% reduction on the original price, for 3 cabins including 3 children.

Needless to say we will be checking out their 2015 UK sailings as soon as they are announced.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

First time with Princess....do they have a price drop guarantee...difference to OBC or reduction in final payment

I know the spin...book early to have choice of cabin etc....

Any advice welcome...thank you:cool:

Hi Freddyboy, I am UK based and only cruise with princess. I assume that you are talking about the price guarantee that P&O give. The short answer is they don't.

I always book early and if the price goes down or benefits are better later on, ie; OBC etc, then I always phone princess and have always got the reduction, even if its for new bookings only, I just argue the case that I am loyal to princess and deserve to be treated fairly.

But they don't come to you, you have to contact them. Also do not expect your TA, if you have one, to do the checking for you. In my experience, I have always found princess in the UK reasonable.

I'm surprized that they didn't offer the price reduction in the form of an OBC as opposed to a straight credit applied to your credit card. Very poor business decision.

If they give you $300 back that is exactly what they loose. If they give you a $300 OBC and you use it onboard they loose less than half of it.

I'm surprized that they didn't offer the price reduction in the form of an OBC as opposed to a straight credit applied to your credit card. Very poor business decision.

If they give you $300 back that is exactly what they loose. If they give you a $300 OBC and you use it onboard they loose less than half of it.

Don't go giving them ideas!:eek::rolleyes: