Something very strange on the Splendor

bigmama9224

I have cruised the last two years, and I have been either on a Grand Suite or an Ocean Suite on Carnival Splendor. I was checking for a family member a reservation and noticed that almost all Grand suites and a whole lot of Ocean Suites are still available this late in February, usually there are so little of them left. I was just wondering just strange that nobody has purchased any of these cabins..

I'll be in one a week from today! :)[/quote

Me too! :D

May 12, 2014

And we're thinking of booking this one when we are on the ship! ;)

OP, I noticed the same thing. Not sure what is up with that. Maybe people are afraid to cruise from NY with the bad weather we have been having. :confused:

Our cruise has many rooms left, balconies, don't know about GS. I'm thinking it's getting harder and harder to fill all these ships week after week. We have more OBC than ever going in to a cruise and we're 6 weeks out. Original booked at $864 and now we are at $679. :D. $535 OBC which includes booking incentive and stock holders credit. Plenty for drinks and may even go to the Steakhouse. :D:D

Edited by 2 cruzen

I have cruised the last two years, and I have been either on a Grand Suite or an Ocean Suite on Carnival Splendor. I was checking for a family member a reservation and noticed that almost all Grand suites and a whole lot of Ocean Suites are still available this late in February, usually there are so little of them left. I was just wondering just strange that nobody has purchased any of these cabins..

Some dont want to spend the $$$

It's the economy. The media tells us it is getting better and the unemployment is down. All a pack of lies. Unemployment is going down because they don't count people who run out of benefits.

I think you may be on to something.

It will be interesting to see how the cruise industry evolves over the next 10 to 20 years as the baby boom gen exits.

Well I am praying for the economy and all of us...I do think that is as much a part of it as anything..and i am certain Carnival is doing what they can to afford making cutbacks as good and unnoticed as possible, especially with latest criticsms and happenings..keeping the safety there and improving..

They want to keep it as affordable as possible. They are offering a little "more" or "different" at each of their levels of cruising and probably reproving the Carnival product some; with new bells and whistles. But not at the expense it was before..and truly cutting back on food expense, and serving waiters expense. Fresh food offered with the fruit and unfrozen perishables especially I see less of in new menu and reports; less fruit soups etc. When you take the whole group of brands they own into account and the economy..so many many levels..wherever you are in your bank account..many are watching and concerned..it is a mess currently.

They have so much more than "Carnival" to fill..a huge amount of berths, I wonder how many in the whole big number of cruiselines...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

I just made my final payment for a May 4 sailing in a GS. I looked online and there are only a handful left. I have no doubt these cabins will sell, my experience with booking a month or two out on other lines is the larger cabins sell out first.