Kids programs and babysitting

chenj78

Does anyone know if Princess will make any exception for the kids programs for a child under 3? My daughter will be a couple months short of three when we cruise. I've heard some cruise lines will make an exception of the child is potty-trained. Any other input on if Princess is good for an almost 3-year old and 5-year old?

I think that most, if not all, cruise lines are strict about ages. There's issues of liability, for one. Plus they staff their kids' program on a sailing-by-sailing case based on the number of kids in each age grouping.

Keeping to the ages (and they do know each passenger's DOB) will also cut down on parents insisting their kids are mature for their age.

When we went on our daughter's first cruise, she was 23 months of age, so one month short of being able to enroll in Camp Carnival, but we understood that and didn't try to get her in the program.

You should be able to bring your 2-year-old to the Pelicans room for playtime, but a parent needs to stay with the toddler. And the parent should check with the staff first to see when they can go there.

I think that most' date=' if not all, cruise lines are strict about ages. There's issues of liability, for one. Plus they staff their kids' program on a sailing-by-sailing case based on the number of kids in each age grouping.

Keeping to the ages (and they do know each passenger's DOB) will also cut down on parents insisting their kids are mature for their age.

When we went on our daughter's first cruise, she was 23 months of age, so one month short of being able to enroll in Camp Carnival, but we understood that and didn't try to get her in the program.

You should be able to bring your 2-year-old to the Pelicans room for playtime, but a parent needs to stay with the toddler. And the parent should check with the staff first to see when they can go there.[/quote']

This pretty much sums it up. I read many posts on here where the kids turn 3 the week of the cruise and they wouldn't let the kid in. If they make an exception for your child they would have to do it for everyone.

Does anyone know if Princess will make any exception for the kids programs for a child under 3? My daughter will be a couple months short of three when we cruise. I've heard some cruise lines will make an exception of the child is potty-trained. Any other input on if Princess is good for an almost 3-year old and 5-year old?

They are strict with the ages. My most recent cruise included my two kids, one 5, one 3 months shy of 3. Either my wife or I had to be in the kids club if the younger one was there.

As for if they were good for my kids, I was pleased with the kids club and the staff. They had lots of activities for the kids to do, crafts, a playground and small kids pool, and quite a few games. They also had a Wii, an Xbox, and a PS3 for kids to play video games.

There were not a ton of kids on our cruise because of the time of year (mid January) but my boys still enjoyed themselves. They spent quite a bit of time at the pool, liked the ice cream stand, and generally had an enjoyable time.

In my experience, they are very, very strict about the ages. But, you CAN take your child to the 3-5's age group and stay there with her. If you're really lucky, after awhile the camp counselors may let you leave her there for a short time, but don't count on it. IME, they rarely budge on the rules.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario