Booking Hairspray on Oasis OTS for the first night on board

We are sailing Oasis on November 29th. I was able to reserve all our shows this past Saturday, and reserved Hairspray for the first night (Saturday) on board. I have a feeling I had read something about booking shows on the first night, but with the Search function not working have not been able to confirm if the first night is a good choice. Opininons? Ideas?

We are sailing Oasis on November 29th. I was able to reserve all our shows this past Saturday, and reserved Hairspray for the first night (Saturday) on board. I have a feeling I had read something about booking shows on the first night, but with the Search function not working have not been able to confirm if the first night is a good choice. Opininons? Ideas?

You were able to book your shows 9 1/2 months out? That sounds a bit off!

We are on the same cruise and were able to book the shows as well. I was surprised it was open this early. I am curious to the opinions as well since we also booked Hairspray for the first night.

Lisa

What you might have read is that some people who book it late on the first day felt tired (especially if they had flown in that morning) because it's a long show 90 minutes without an intermission. Other people describe just not having the attention span for a Broadway show, period. But I thought it was a very lively, upbeat show and even though we saw it another day, if you like Broadway shows generally and don't get bored at them, it will certainly hold your attention!

Another consideration is that it will take 2 hours (with getting to theater and waiting before curtain) of your first night, and some folks are so excited about exploring, that they would rather explore the ship for more time the first night.

I went to check it last Saturday, after reading from another CC member who is sailing in December who was already able to reserve his shows. Otherwise I would not have checked it out this early.

What you might have read is that some people who book it late on the first day felt tired (especially if they had flown in that morning) because it's a long show 90 minutes without an intermission.

Familygoboston, this is always a concern for me, as I usually fall asleep around show time anyways. I think we have been in 1 cruise where I was able to watch all the shows from beginning to end. :p But I am used to this. I am planning to flight the day before so hopefully I will be well rested.

I went to check it last Saturday, after reading from another CC member who is sailing in December who was already able to reserve his shows. Otherwise I would not have checked it out this early.

Familygoboston, this is always a concern for me, as I usually fall asleep around show time anyways. I think we have been in 1 cruise where I was able to watch all the shows from beginning to end. :p But I am used to this. I am planning to flight the day before so hopefully I will be well rested.

Power nap...;)

I think Janetz has the best idea. We booked Chicago for the first night on the Allure, and I was nodding off a bit. Didn't want to do the same thing for Hairspray when we cruise the Oasis this November, but after looking at the schedule for Hairspray for our cruise, we were back to choosing the first night again. (Only options for Hairspray were 8:45 the first night, 2:30pm on the first sea day, or 10:30 pm that night.) I intend to fit in a short nap right before dinner, so I can stay awake this time. I also think I'll try to get to sleep early when we're at the hotel the night before. (That's the plan, anyway)

I think Janetz has the best idea. We booked Chicago for the first night on the Allure, and I was nodding off a bit. Didn't want to do the same thing for Hairspray when we cruise the Oasis this November, but after looking at the schedule for Hairspray for our cruise, we were back to choosing the first night again. (Only options for Hairspray were 8:45 the first night, 2:30pm on the first sea day, or 10:30 pm that night.) I intend to fit in a short nap right before dinner, so I can stay awake this time. I also think I'll try to get to sleep early when we're at the hotel the night before. (That's the plan, anyway)

I am always up early in the morning so in order for me to stay UP, I need to power nap daily, if I can. Right around 4 pm is good.:p

Edited by janetz