Getting Married

Pickels

We did a vow renewal on the Independence last year. The cruise director did our ceremony. The Captain does not do weddings. We did it in the chapel and it was very private. RCI was wonderful through the whole process. They were extremely accommodating. I highly recommend it. every penny. We thought it was worth every penny.

From the Royal Romance at Sea package on the RCCL website (my bold):

"Since the beginning of time, the sea has romanced explorers, poets, and lovers alike. Now it can be the awe-inspiring backdrop to your wedding. Get married at sea, with the ship's captain or first officer officiating, in a ceremony that incorporates special nautical vows. You choose an ideal location onboard – like the chapel, with sweeping sea views from atop the ship, or out on deck against the endless horizon. This unique package takes full advantage of the time you'll spend together while onboard, with more romantic extras for you and your partner to enjoy, together."

Friends of ours got married on Magen's Bay beach (St. Thomas) through Royal Romance, and everything was perfect.

And you may find helpful info on the Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises forum here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31. :)

p.s. I see that you have a March sailing coming up. I believe that Royal Romance requires at least 45 days notice...

Edited by jmf123

From the Royal Romance at Sea package on the RCCL website (my bold):

"Since the beginning of time, the sea has romanced explorers, poets, and lovers alike. Now it can be the awe-inspiring backdrop to your wedding. Get married at sea, with the ship's captain or first officer officiating, in a ceremony that incorporates special nautical vows. You choose an ideal location onboard – like the chapel, with sweeping sea views from atop the ship, or out on deck against the endless horizon. This unique package takes full advantage of the time you'll spend together while onboard, with more romantic extras for you and your partner to enjoy, together."

Friends of ours got married on Magen's Bay beach (St. Thomas) through Royal Romance, and everything was perfect.

And you may find helpful info on the Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises forum here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31. :)

p.s. I see that you have a March sailing coming up. I believe that Royal Romance requires at least 45 days notice...

Thanks for the input...this is a second marriage for both of us, kids are all married and grown with their own kids. We need simple with no big hoopla!

My wife and I were married in St. Thomas on a cruise back in 2007. It was also the second marriage for both of us. Since St. Thomas is a U.S. territory. we did not need anything special. We had to fill out our marriage license and send it along with the $200. fee to the courts in St. Thomas. We had already arranged to be married by a minister. We went to a private beach and were married barefoot in the sand. Our best friends stood with us and that was it. Best of luck whatever you decide.