Live from the Explorer - February 16, 2014

Loving the photos, thanks for sharing! Can't wait to get on Explorer in less than four weeks!!!:D

Really hope you are planning another Live review as I really enjoyed your last one (Enjoying this one as well, of course). First time on Explorer and Royal on April 10 (42 days!!!) Cruising vicariously through both of you for now.

Really hope you are planning another Live review as I really enjoyed your last one (Enjoying this one as well, of course). First time on Explorer and Royal on April 10 (42 days!!!) Cruising vicariously through both of you for now.

Thank You very much Fitzy123. Next Live thread not till next Feb. on the Grandeur. You will Explorer she is a classic liner with a warm and friendly crew.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Forums mobile app

For Suite Cabins the Concierge Lounge is a Special Haven on Deck 9

12775863233_8d43c7f3e1_c.jpg

Comp. cocktails/hot appetizers 5 to 8:30pm plus snacks throughout the day, here's breakfast at the Concierge Lounge

12776151144_523bf10e64_c.jpg

Some like the X-Box for me this Cappuccino Machine at the Concierge Lounge was my favorite gadjet

12775858803_16e1fdb981.jpg

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

For Suite Cabins the Concierge Lounge is a Special Haven on Deck 9

12775863233_8d43c7f3e1_c.jpg

Comp. cocktails/hot appetizers 5 to 8:30pm plus snacks throughout the day, here's breakfast at the Concierge Lounge

12776151144_523bf10e64_c.jpg

Some like the X-Box for me this Cappuccino Machine at the Concierge Lounge was my favorite gadjet

12775858803_16e1fdb981.jpg

Jonathan

I am loving all your pictures, it brings me right back to when we last sailed on her back in 2008, when my husband and I got married on The Explorer. Can't wait to be sailing on her again in a month!!! We're in a GS again so I can't wait to take full advantage of the concierge lounge and everything else. If you don't mind me asking which GS were you in. Last time my DH and I had 1574 and this time we have 1578 which I'm sure it almost the same, only major difference is we have our 3 year old son now :-)

I am loving all your pictures, it brings me right back to when we last sailed on her back in 2008, when my husband and I got married on The Explorer. Can't wait to be sailing on her again in a month!!! We're in a GS again so I can't wait to take full advantage of the concierge lounge and everything else. If you don't mind me asking which GS were you in. Last time my DH and I had 1574 and this time we have 1578 which I'm sure it almost the same, only major difference is we have our 3 year old son now :-)

Hi Kimmy,

We were in cabin 1274 on the Starboard side exactly opposite from your former cabin 1574. The cabin is tremendously spacious and has oodles of drawer space . You'll have afternoon canapes delivered to the cabin, lovely robes but, that concierge lounge is really wonderful. Denzil is really on the ball, will know your name and will take care of any problems you have, he's a real pro. You will have a marvelous time on the Explorer.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

The Oldest Hotel in Nassau, Bahamas since 1900 - The British Colonial - James Bond Movies Thunderball &

Never Say Never Again filmed here. Pier at left built for water ski stunt from Never Say Never Again and remains today.

12775749314_7b6472bc55_c.jpg

Harbor view from British Colonial - Explorer, Enchantment and NCL Sky

12828347734_99a953fae7_c.jpg

Front Parlor of historic Hotel Graycliff originally built as a private home by a pirate 300 years ago

12775802554_9c071bea3e_c.jpg

Sun sets over Nassau, Bahamas from Deck 10 of Explorer

12783696693_de9c546d12_c.jpg

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

Nice pictures Jonathan! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories with us. I do have to mention that I was a bit grossed out by your pic of the breakfast in the Concierge Lounge. No wonder germs are spread around the ship. Why would they place the tongs on top of the food for the guests to use then replace them back on the food again when finished? If I remember correctly the Windjammer uses plates for their serving pieces.

Edited by seeshore

Cruiserking, I just happened onto your review tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. We have been on EXOS 4 times and will be on her in May for a sad farewell. We love this ship and have many friends on the crew, but my bestest friend is Denzil. So happy to see all your positive remarks about him. He was our waiter on our second EXOS cruise and we found him to be exceptional. The next time he was on the front desk doing an exemplary job as usual. Now he is concierge and from your comments about him as well as several mentions on other reviews, he is still doing a superb job. I hope RCI will reward him with even bigger and better things as he truly is a cut above.

Thank you for taking the time to do this review for all of us. I cannot wait until May. Also, may I add that your writing is exceptional. I really enjoyed reading every word. We are on Grandeur in March so look for my review when we get back. We were on her back in 2004, so am looking forward to seeing the changes.

By the way, Captain Loy was just made Master in 2011 or 12. He was serving under Captain Olaf on our first 2 EXOS cruises. I believe we will have Captain MacDonald in May. I was hoping Captain Loy would be on. I was privileged to have a long talk with him on our last cruise and he is, indeed, very personable.

Did you by any chance note who the band was that played up in Dizzy's. If you have your Compasses, could you look that up for me? Thank you in advance.

Like you, I have heard Explorer is moving to Asia next year. I am going on Quantum next April, but I too am hoping and praying that Explorer will return to Bayonne. It will be nice to sail on the new ship, but I don't need all the amusements she offers. The EXOS is just right as far as I'm concerned; not too large and not too small. For her size, she is extremely easy to get around on. Seemed like we didn't have to walk far to anything. She has everything I need for a wonderful vacation. You make me wish I'd booked a Grand Suite in May. Oh well, a JS will do me fine.

Luvs

Cruiserking, I just happened onto your review tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. We have been on EXOS 4 times and will be on her in May for a sad farewell. We love this ship and have many friends on the crew, but my bestest friend is Denzil. So happy to see all your positive remarks about him. He was our waiter on our second EXOS cruise and we found him to be exceptional. The next time he was on the front desk doing an exemplary job as usual. Now he is concierge and from your comments about him as well as several mentions on other reviews, he is still doing a superb job. I hope RCI will reward him with even bigger and better things as he truly is a cut above.

Thank you for taking the time to do this review for all of us. I cannot wait until May. Also, may I add that your writing is exceptional. I really enjoyed reading every word. We are on Grandeur in March so look for my review when we get back. We were on her back in 2004, so am looking forward to seeing the changes.

By the way, Captain Loy was just made Master in 2011 or 12. He was serving under Captain Olaf on our first 2 EXOS cruises. I believe we will have Captain MacDonald in May. I was hoping Captain Loy would be on. I was privileged to have a long talk with him on our last cruise and he is, indeed, very personable.

Did you by any chance note who the band was that played up in Dizzy's. If you have your Compasses, could you look that up for me? Thank you in advance.

Like you, I have heard Explorer is moving to Asia next year. I am going on Quantum next April, but I too am hoping and praying that Explorer will return to Bayonne. It will be nice to sail on the new ship, but I don't need all the amusements she offers. The EXOS is just right as far as I'm concerned; not too large and not too small. For her size, she is extremely easy to get around on. Seemed like we didn't have to walk far to anything. She has everything I need for a wonderful vacation. You make me wish I'd booked a Grand Suite in May. Oh well, a JS will do me fine.

Luvs

Hello Luvs,

Thank You very much for your very kind comments. I agree the Explorer is a perfect sized ship, very easy to get around, we really fell in love with her and hope that she will return to Bayonne.

I look forward to your Grandeur review, we can't wait to sail her and enjoy another RCCL cruise next February, if not sooner.

I saved all of the Compasses and start posting them tomorrow.

Royal Promenade from Deck 10

12775889823_e2909f4a36_c.jpg

Stairway Art, this always reminded me of a giant cheese pizza

12775595423_f60e0c0538.jpg

Grand Suite is Spacious and Very Comfortable

12775877785_e7d764da16_z.jpg

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

Jonathan, which cabin number did you have? We are going in June on the Ex. and your suite looks like it was in great shape.

Sharon:)

Hi Sharon,

We were in cabin 1274. The cabin was in terrific shape, the amount of storage is incredible, you will the Grand Suite!

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Thank you so much for the terrific review and photos. Such detail makes me almost feel like I was there with you. My wife and I are scheduled for a Bermuda cruise in July on Explorer. I can't wait. It will be my first cruise. You have just elevated my anticipation!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Jonathan.

I was talking to my ride yesterday about pickup timing. Can you please share your experience with leaving the ship?? What zone #, time off, through customs, etc.

Thanks again

Hi Laney,

As suite passengers we gathered at the Schooner Lounge and left the ship at 8:45 am, we made it through customs very quickly and were waiting for our pick-up by 9:00 am. I thought we would be off by 10:00 am.

We waited for our pick-up at section 115. The rest of the ship started filtering into the outside of the terminal between 9:30 and 10:00 am. This is a good time to debark because it wasn't very crowded.

Jonathan where did you go? I have been waiting for your scans and review posts! I hope everything is okay. We leave on the Explorer on 3/29.

Hi Ruthie,

I am having issues with my scanner. I will try and scan the compasses when I figure out how to connect it properly.

Thank You Very Much Psychobueller, Cruiseclues and Pomperaugrr for your kind comments, I appreciate it.

Jonathan

Explorer anchored at Coco Cay, Bahamas - February 20, 2014

12776131024_8372582296_z.jpg

Coco Cay Cabanas Were Sold Out During Our Visit

12776081594_11b8ae0651_z.jpg

Lobster Salad and Fresh Fruit Cocktail at the Special Suite Passenger Luncheon

12776090704_93b2ba75e9_z.jpg

We'll take Tropical Trade Winds over Winter Winds at Coco Cay Any Day!

12776111694_7769679f43_z.jpg

Jonathan

Beautiful pics Jonathan. Still enjoying your continued review with pics!

Three more Sundays to go for us before we board Explorer. Your review has helped these cold(polar vortex) days go by quicker. Thanks for taking the time out of your priceless vacation time to share.:)

Jonathan, do you know how one goes about reserving a cabana on Coco Cay? I can find nothing about them in our cruise excursion information. Thank you.

We've always had to book the cabana at Explorations on board the ship.

We've always had to book the cabana at Explorations on board the ship.

Thank you. Any one know how much they are going for now? I think the ones in Labadee are $225 for the day. Not sure it's been 2 years since been there and have never been to Coco Cay.

Thank you. Any one know how much they are going for now? I think the ones in Labadee are $225 for the day. Not sure it's been 2 years since been there and have never been to Coco Cay.

They were $200 the last time we were on Coco Cay. Good for up to 6 people.