Anyone have a S7 or S9 on the Breakaway class?

KrystalWaters

Essentially anyone have a Haven Spa Suite or an Haven Forward Facing Suite?

My husband is actually wanting the Haven Spa Suite and I'm leaning towards upgrading to the Haven Forward Facing Suite but I'm kind of nervous. Or should we just get the Haven Penthouse Suite to make sure we are within the actual Haven? Opinions please.:p

Reason being since it's away from the Haven would we still get the attentive service from our Butler and Concierge? I don't want to feel like we are an after thought. :(

Anyone experience either cabins and can attest to service? Cabin accommodations? Is it possible to have dinner on the balcony? And most importantly pictures:D

I wish I could use the search function but we ALL know how that is going. :mad:

Thanks,

KrystalWaters :)

I was in an S9 spa suite (deck 14) in January and the best part of it, of course, was having access to the spa for the entire cruise. The cabin was spacious and I enjoyed it very much. Only two flights up to the Haven area and restaurant.

I knew someone who was in the forward S7 and said that while she loved the cabin, she really felt the motion of the ship.

Whether or not you are actually on the Haven deck (16) matters not as you will have the full attention of both your butler and concierge.

Enjoy!

Tracy

I was in a S9 in Aug. I loved it! Would def book another one. I didn't feel far away from the Haven. The cabins are close to the stairs and your at the courtyard in 60 seconds lol. Never felt ignored by the butler. My next cruise I'm even further away from the Haven in a AFT Penthouse. The balconies are small, not big enough to put a full size table to eat breakfast on. It's prob doable but I didn't eat on the balcony. The S6(AFT Penthouse) has huge balconies for eating. The only other balconies that are large enough for full size tables are DOS and OS. I did order French pressed coffee through the butler and would have coffee and snacks on the balcony.

Edited by Godiva830

My experience is a little different because we sailed on a C2N. But we were in an S9 and thought the cabin, ease of Haven access, steward, and Concierge (Adrian) were great. We didn't see our Butler much, but I think that was the dynamic of the C2N vs. the location of the cabin.

Hope that helps!

I had the same question as the OP. I booked the forward penthouse. The suite has 100 more square feet. For a cruise ship, that is huge. I also like the separate living room and bedroom. The bathroom is much better in the penthouse too. The spa suite bathroom does not look like a suite bathroom. It has a tiny shower and a standard sink.

We plan on getting the spa pass and I calculated and the price was the same as booking the penthouse and paying for the spa pass. The spa suite was going to cost the same. So I think the penthouse is a much better suite... more room and much better bathroom.

Hi Tracy I need your email. Ok so I was the one in the forward facing penthouse 10706 I loved it. I felt more motion but I had the steward make up my bed so my head was facing the bow, they had it made up so you were sideways to the bow. I will post pixs later. I did already post pictures. I also learned that because I was on 10 I had a better view apparently the higher up you go the more you lose the view. I loved my suite it was spacious and I loved sitting on the drawer space(there is a long drawer and shelf the length of the room) and look out my window as we pulled into port or just because. Yes you can have dinner on your balcony it's not big tho just room for chairs and table, a little bit bigger than balcony room. I can answer more questions later. Tracy email me Btw I like not being in the Haven for me it is more private and yet I never felt neglected because I wasn't in the Haven proper

I had the same question as the OP. I booked the forward penthouse. The suite has 100 more square feet. For a cruise ship, that is huge. I also like the separate living room and bedroom. The bathroom is much better in the penthouse too. The spa suite bathroom does not look like a suite bathroom. It has a tiny shower and a standard sink.

We plan on getting the spa pass and I calculated and the price was the same as booking the penthouse and paying for the spa pass. The spa suite was going to cost the same. So I think the penthouse is a much better suite... more room and much better bathroom.

You know David the Haven Spa Suite is actually $200 LESS/person:eek: than the Penthouse so was really concerned about the service being our 1st suite.

And almost $500pp LESS than the Forward Facing Suite!

Thanks all for your opinions makes me feel a little better. I think I'm going to tell hubby we are booking the penthouse but get the Spa Suite instead.

Edited by KrystalWaters

You know David the Haven Spa Suite is actually $200 LESS/person:eek: than the Penthouse so was really concerned about the service being our 1st suite.

And almost $500pp LESS than the Forward Facing Suite!

Thanks all for your opinions makes me feel a little better. I think I'm going to tell hubby we are booking the penthouse but get the Spa Suite instead.

Wow

Interesting. For my month of sailing the forward penthouse was $200 less. Thus the spa pass cost made them equal in price. You will be saving money booking the spa suite.

Interesting ;)

Edit: I just checked my cruise. The spa suite is now $100 cheaper than the forward penthouse. This was not the case when I booked

I am guessing people are seeing the value in the penthouse and not booking the spa suite as much.

Edited by david_sobe

My question regarding the S9 cabins (Haven Spa Suite) is in regards to that big, beautiful tub in the bedroom. Is it large enough to fit two people? I've seen a lot of pictures of the room and the tub, but it's really hard to judge from the pictures whether you two people would fit in it. I would think so, but it would be great to hear from anyone who has been in an S9 and who has tried having a romantic shared bath.

My question regarding the S9 cabins (Haven Spa Suite) is in regards to that big, beautiful tub in the bedroom. Is it large enough to fit two people? I've seen a lot of pictures of the room and the tub, but it's really hard to judge from the pictures whether you two people would fit in it. I would think so, but it would be great to hear from anyone who has been in an S9 and who has tried having a romantic shared bath.

No. It's like a spa jetted tub that people would have in their bathroom at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...