Family of 6 bookings...

rarasnake

I am hoping someone can help me with this..

Is there anywhere to find out, what cruise lines and ships would allow 6 people in one room??

We are a family of 6 and currently, we were not even able to have connecting rooms with this cruise (we had to opt for rooms beside eachother).. But, I would love to find somewhere that would allow for us all to vacation together (especially while the kids can still half way stand eachother)....

Does anyone have a breakdown of this?

We cruise with 4 people and one bathroom all the time, usually in a cabin that is much smaller than one of RCCL's family cabins. We survive quite well. Not every family spends hours and hours in the bathroom.

RCCL also has: presidential family suites that sleep 14; aquatheater suites that sleep 8; and royal loft suites that sleep 6. Soon to come are the family connected junior suites that sleep 10 on Quantum and Anthem.

We are a family of 6 and booked an interior family promenade stateroom on RCCL Freedom Of The Seas for May 2014. I found this cheaper than booking 2 connecting rooms, only downfall is 1 bathroom vs. 2 with connecting. It looks pretty spacious with a nice closet for storage.

NCL has a couple options for larger families -

There is a 2 bdrm family suite that sleeps 6 in a master bdrm, a couch in the livingroom, and a double bed and pull down bunk in an inside bdrm, with 2 bathrooms. We sailed in one of these with 4 adults and 2 kids and it was great.

On some of their ships, they also offer a OV family suite which sleeps six between the double bed, a pull down murphy bed and pull out couch, where parts of the room can be separated with curtains. I don't remember the number of bathrooms. We toured one of these when we did a cabin crawl on the NCL Star and they did seem pretty spacious.

We've been in a family oceanview cabin on the RCI Navigator of the Seas with six and it was great. RCI has a few of these cabins on various ships.

The room was large with very large windows. It had lots of storage. There was a queen (could be made into twins) bed that could be curtained off from the rest of the cabin, a sofa bed that seemed larger than normal, and (the biggest hit with the kids) a bunk room with two bunks.

The downside was only one bathroom, but we managed.

We even got lucky with very cheap prices for the 3-6 persons in the stateroom. It was late January, however, often a cheaper time to cruise.

Otherwise, you may be looking at a suite or connecting rooms.