Epic 2 Bed Haven suite - 6 people

abo

Hi,

We are looking at a cruise on Epic this summer. There will be 6 of us. Has anyone experience of 6 people in the 2 room Haven suite, and in particular is there a configuration that will allow 1 double bed and 4 singles/twins? Could the double sofa, for example, be switched out for two single sofas, or can a roll away bed be put in there for the evenings?

Many thanks to anyone with experience of this for guidance.

We had 5 people in the Epic 2 bedroom with no problem. Everyone was an adult too. To fit 6 people, it is possible but someone has to sleep on the bunk that rolls out above the second bedroom. It is ideal for children. For example, if you are sailing with 3 kids, this would not be a problem but 6 adults can work but it will be a bit crowded and someone gets the bunk. The sofa is comfortable as a bed but it is for one person. They may have a cot or roll away bed to let you use but I have not seen it. But boy would that cramp the space.

Edited by david_sobe

We had 5 people in the Epic 2 bedroom with no problem. Everyone was an adult too. To fit 6 people, it is possible but someone has to sleep on the bunk that rolls out above the second bedroom. It is ideal for children. For example, if you are sailing with 3 kids, this would not be a problem but 6 adults can work but it will be a bit crowded and someone gets the bunk. The sofa is comfortable as a bed but it is for one person. They may have a cot or roll away bed to let you use but I have not seen it. But boy would that cramp the space.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Could you help me understand how it might work for 6. I'm thinking - main bedroom is double, sofa in lounge area is for one, single bed in second bedroom, plus single bunk. So that gives me 5 beds. Where does the 6th person go, without sharing beds (which we wouldn't want)?

Thanks again.

The bed in the master bedroom is a king sized bed. = 2

The bed in the 2nd bedroom is a twin (I think). It can sleep 2 and is good sized for a twin. =2

There is a bunk that pulls out above the bed in the 2nd bedroom =1

The sofa in the living room sleeps 1 and is surprisingly a good bed. =1

This should equal 6

Edited by david_sobe

Here is the bed in the 2nd bedroom. We did not use the bunk so it is not in the picture. But this slept my inlaws no problem and they are average size.

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate your views on this.

So to get 6 in the suite, it looks like we need to have 3 in the second bedroom, with two of those sharing a bed. I was really hoping to avoid this sharing - we have teenage son/daughters and one grandparent in our party so sharing doesn't really work. Do you think there is any other configuration that might work?

I spoke to NCL and they said I could put a special request on the reservation but they seemed vague whether this meant the request would definitely be accommodated.

Edited by abo

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate your views on this.

So to get 6 in the suite, it looks like we need to have 3 in the second bedroom, with two of those sharing a bed. I was really hoping to avoid this sharing - we have teenage son/daughters and one grandparent in our party so sharing doesn't really work. Do you think there is any other configuration that might work?

I spoke to NCL and they said I could put a special request on the reservation but they seemed vague whether this meant the request would definitely be accommodated.

Yes 2 need to share a bed and someone needs to use the bunk. You can ask them if there is a cot you can use. But that will really crowd the room. The other option is to book them in another cabin.

Unless you have your grandparent and daughter share the bed and your teenage son use the bunk. It will be crowded. These suites are ideal for families with small kids or 2 couples.

Edited by david_sobe

You won't be able to split any of these beds. The second bedroom has a hard double bed, the master bedroom has a King that cannot be split.

Remember the Epic's S4's are a bit smaller in width, too. You want 6 people to share 2 showers and 2 toilets, and one breakfast table for 4 people? You also have that window onto the small balcony from the tub.

Have you thought about the Getaway or Breakaway? Get an S6 plus the adjoining normal aft balcony, possibly. That would get you more space, with 3 showers, 3 toilets, and more bed space to split people into their own sleeping areas. You would have the master bedroom (King bed), the living room of the S6 (Double bed), then the balcony room with twins and possibly another sleeping berth or two.

Also, just to throw this out there, Royal Caribbean's new ships (such as Quantum) have adjoining cabins that might fit such a family grouping better--they attach suites, deluxe balconies, and studios together so you can bring the whole family while segregating snoring people from others. ;) I've warned my husband he's getting the studio to sleep in the next time we all head out together. He gets cordoned off to a darkened sleeping area (studio), while Mom gets the deluxe balcony next door, and kiddo and I get the suite. Everyone can come and go from the area behind the front door, and everyone gets access to a huge balcony! Oh, and unlike other Royal C suites, there's no stairs for this configuration.

Edited by LadyShiva

You won't be able to split any of these beds. The second bedroom has a hard double bed, the master bedroom has a King that cannot be split.

Remember the Epic's S4's are a bit smaller in width, too. You want 6 people to share 2 showers and 2 toilets, and one breakfast table for 4 people? You also have that window onto the small balcony from the tub.

Have you thought about the Getaway or Breakaway? Get an S6 plus the adjoining normal aft balcony, possibly. That would get you more space, with 3 showers, 3 toilets, and more bed space to split people into their own sleeping areas. You would have the master bedroom (King bed), the living room of the S6 (Double bed), then the balcony room with twins and possibly another sleeping berth or two.

Also, just to throw this out there, Royal Caribbean's new ships (such as Quantum) have adjoining cabins that might fit such a family grouping better--they attach suites, deluxe balconies, and studios together so you can bring the whole family while segregating snoring people from others. ;) I've warned my husband he's getting the studio to sleep in the next time we all head out together. He gets cordoned off to a darkened sleeping area (studio), while Mom gets the deluxe balcony next door, and kiddo and I get the suite. Everyone can come and go from the area behind the front door, and everyone gets access to a huge balcony! Oh, and unlike other Royal C suites, there's no stairs for this configuration.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Unfortunately Getaway and Breakaway are not doing 7 day cruises from Barcelona this summer, so these aren't options. The breakfast table isn't a problem - it's unlikely we'd use it to any extent as a table for 6 to eat at.

We regularly sail with Royal Caribbean and always book Royal Family Suites, which is very similar arrangement to the 2 bedroom villa on Epic, including number of bathrooms, etc. These work very well for us, but the key difference is that the second room has two single beds, plus the pull down bunks. I was hoping something similar would be the possible on Epic, but unfortunately this seems not to be an option.

I think once you get on board you talk to your butler and they will arrange for a separate cot for a teen. Your situation can't be all that unique. I think they can accommodate you though!

You want everyone to have Haven access.

One suggestion. You might pay for a spa pass for a couple of people in your group. This way they will have access to the showers and during those times when everyone seems to be in the cabin getting ready at the same time.

Lol - we are a family of 7, and only have 1 shower at home! We cruise in 2 connecting balcony cabins, and feel spoiled having 2 showers!

Lol - we are a family of 7, and only have 1 shower at home! We cruise in 2 connecting balcony cabins, and feel spoiled having 2 showers!

*grin* Yeah, it works for you, but OP said "sharing doesn't work" for beds, so good luck with getting their group to share that interior size bathroom! People could nip out to the toilet room at the Haven on the Epic, too... but I am spoiled by having a McMansion with 4 toilets and 3 people!

Ditto....

Yes 2 need to share a bed and someone needs to use the bunk. You can ask them if there is a cot you can use. But that will really crowd the room. The other option is to book them in another cabin.

Unless you have your grandparent and daughter share the bed and your teenage son use the bunk. It will be crowded. These suites are ideal for families with small kids or 2 couples.

I cannot imagine how or where they would put a rollaway. Some of the other furniture would have to be moved. Definitely overcrowded.

• 3 years later...
Hi,

We are looking at a cruise on Epic this summer. There will be 6 of us. Has anyone experience of 6 people in the 2 room Haven suite, and in particular is there a configuration that will allow 1 double bed and 4 singles/twins? Could the double sofa, for example, be switched out for two single sofas, or can a roll away bed be put in there for the evenings?

Many thanks to anyone with experience of this for guidance.

I know that this was several years ago, but did you end up sailing with 6 in that room? Were they willing to provide a rollaway?