3rd/4th passenger rates higher than 1/2?

ckelly14

Toying around with the idea of taking a spur-of-the-moment cruise during spring break this year. Found significant price decrease for JS cabins on FOS Western on April 13th. However, it shows the 1st two passengers at $1349, but the next 2 (my kids, 8&9) at $1499. I didn't call because I only messing around at this point, but anyone ever see the 3rd and 4th passenger higher than the other two? Obviously, the price quoted was not a deal at all...

Toying around with the idea of taking a spur-of-the-moment cruise during spring break this year. Found significant price decrease for JS cabins on FOS Western on April 13th. However, it shows the 1st two passengers at $1349, but the next 2 (my kids, 8&9) at $1499. I didn't call because I only messing around at this point, but anyone ever see the 3rd and 4th passenger higher than the other two? Obviously, the price quoted was not a deal at all...

I can't imagine that is right.

I have seen it a few times particularly when the ship has not been selling well and they want to fill cabins or when there has been a residency/other discount applied and they only apply it to the 1/2 rate and not the 3/4 rate.

I just booked for December for the 4 of us and the JS was $456pp for 1/2 and it was $919 for 3/4 rate. Needless to say we took 2 cabins instead of 1.

... but anyone ever see the 3rd and 4th passenger higher than the other two?

Yes I have.

My guess is that, as they need to fill the unsold cabins now 2 months prior to sailing, they are discounting the price for the 1st/2nd for JS, but are keeping the 3rd/4th price unchanged; or they just want to encourage people to book 1st/2nd in another cabin, in other words discourage people booking a quad in a cabin.

Edited by Friend100

I have seen it a few times particularly when the ship has not been selling well and they want to fill cabins or when there has been a residency/other discount applied and they only apply it to the 1/2 rate and not the 3/4 rate.

I just booked for December for the 4 of us and the JS was $456pp for 1/2 and it was $919 for 3/4 rate. Needless to say we took 2 cabins instead of 1.

Wow! Was this the same FOS cruise? When in December?

Could you book two connecting JS's with one child and adult in one and you and your other child in the other, turning it into one big room while still taking advantage of the great price?

Believe me, I am. It surprise to it. On two different occasion, I booked two connecting room balcony and it worked out about the same as one cabin for 4. My kids were 2 and 5 at that point. And our next trip they will be 3 and 6. It worked out better with the extra bathroom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk