Tour Booking

Pugwash123

Does anyone have experience of waiting until they are on board before booking shore tours. If OH and I do this are we likely to find our choice severely restricted.

I have had the misfortune to miss a tour due to a sellout on our first port on a cruise. If you have one you really want, I recommend booking in advance.

Other times I have had the experience where an additional bus was added for a popular tour that I wanted to book on board.

Gail

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have had the misfortune to miss a tour due to a sellout on our first port on a cruise. If you have one you really want, I recommend booking in advance.

Other times I have had the experience where an additional bus was added for a popular tour that I wanted to book on board.

Gail

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you Gail, I can't seem to be able to drum up any enthusiasm for looking through the tours list so I will probablywait till we are on board and see if anything catches our fancy.

Carl

Does anyone have experience of waiting until they are on board before booking shore tours. If OH and I do this are we likely to find our choice severely restricted.

It's my understanding that X sets aside a few seats on each tour for on-ship booking. We took an Alaska cruise and wanted to book a tour for our first port of call, but it sold out for online bookings very early. We got on the ship as early as possible on embarkation day and went directly to the excursion desk. We were the first ones there and were able to book right then. Since then we try to do this when we have OBC to spend. Of course there's always the risk of being sold out, but we enjoy being on ship early so this works for us.

Edited by kathynorth

In general, the cancellation deadline is around 24 hours prior to port arrival. It varies, however, so you'll need to check the excursion brochure. Special private tours, such as a 'private guide for a day' excursions, require much earlier cancellation.